ADVERTISEMENT

Next season's line-up

sammybb

All Conference
Jul 25, 2001
Despite the significant losses of Carey, Harris, Wilson and others, the cupboard is far from dry.

Due to all the roster shakeups at the end of the year, Zippy's development was put in overdrive, and she showed a lot of promise at the end of the year (to have 6 assists to 0 TOs in your first NCAA game is impressive). I'd look to see her make a big step forward next year. The return of KK Sanders will give RU an incredibly quick, experienced floor general in the back court as well.

The big question mark is post play. The expectations for Davenport are sky high, but she'll still be a freshman making big adjustments. Our only other experienced big is Jordan Wallace. If the coaches are still recruiting (and I'd bet they are), I'm assuming another post is a top priority.

Mack's emergence at the end of the season also gives me great hope that she can step in and be a full-time starter next year.

A starting five of:

Davenport
Mack
Guirantes
Zippy
KK Sanders

would be somewhat undersized but no doubt incredibly quick and talented. Then a bench of Noga, Gilles, Wallace, Singleton, etc. Will take time to gel, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Despite the significant losses of Carey, Harris, Wilson and others, the cupboard is far from dry.

Due to all the roster shakeups at the end of the year, Zippy's development was put in overdrive, and she showed a lot of promise at the end of the year (to have 6 assists to 0 TOs in your first NCAA game is impressive). I'd look to see her make a big step forward next year. The return of KK Sanders will give RU an incredibly quick, experienced floor general in the back court as well.

The big question mark is post play. The expectations for Davenport are sky high, but she'll still be a freshman making big adjustments. Our only other experienced big is Jordan Wallace. If the coaches are still recruiting (and I'd bet they are), I'm assuming another post is a top priority.

Mack's emergence at the end of the season also gives me great hope that she can step in and be a full-time starter next year.

A starting five of:

Davenport
Mack
Guirantes
Zippy
KK Sanders

would be somewhat undersized but no doubt incredibly quick and talented. Then a bench of Noga, Gilles, Wallace, Singleton, etc. Will take time to gel, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
Don’t sell Tyia Singleton short. Slim was the #17 post player in her recruiting class and has had a year working with the team in practice.

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/225111

Excellent point about Singleton. I almost forgot about her. She looked promising in the few games she played early in the season.

Morris will be a spark off the bench once she becomes eligible.

I also see us getting some grad transfers again, maybe.

Completely forgot about Morris, who adds a ton of firepower to the back-court.

A rotation of Morris, KK, Zippy, Arella, and Noga at the 1-3 spots is pretty good.

I think Morris will start once she becomes eligible. I'm not sure who's spot she will take but that is my prediction.

Completely forgot about Morris, who adds a ton of firepower to the back-court.

A rotation of Morris, KK, Zippy, Arella, and Noga at the 1-3 spots is pretty good.

We just need post depth. Hopefully we can add some interior gran transfers or good juco posts.

I like next years team a lot. I think we need another grad transfer and I think next years team will be better than this years team.

Speculate all you want. I just want to know who our COACH will be. Not a word about CVS'S health. Every day that passes with no health report is of great concern to me.

Reactions: Esipos1 and MADHAT1
Speculate all you want. I just want to know who our COACH will be. Not a word about CVS'S health. Every day that passes with no health report is of great concern to me.
What you are saying has me wondering if CVS might decide the toll being taken on her health
running RU WBB might be to great a price to pay, even if the health problem that caused her leave of absence is over.

Once you get up there in age health problems are slower to go away at times and sometimes are quicker to return under the right circumstances .

I wouldn't be surprised to find out Vivian's thinking about retiring, but still has the desire to coach and factoring in her health is the issue that decides.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
What you are saying has me wondering if CVS might decide the toll being taken on her health
running RU WBB might be to great a price to pay, even if the health problem that caused her leave of absence is over.

Once you get up there in age health problems are slower to go away at times and sometimes are quicker to return under the right circumstances .

I wouldn't be surprised to find out Vivian's thinking about retiring, but still has the desire to coach and factoring in her health is the issue that decides.
Well, it is 2 months now

That's why its worrisome to me , not hearing anything about her coming back or how her health is doing .
Exactly, very worrisome. I figured after the NCAA's were done we might find out something, and something positive. :pray:

Do you really expect a Health Report ?
Not really, but a little info about her health improving would be nice.
Since CVS is expected back, her health is of the upmost importance considering the grind of season and her having to cut last year short.

Also on the recruiting front, recruits want to make sure who they think will be coaching them is healthy enough to.
An update could end the worry of if her health has stopped being a problem and won't affect her return or if she's still needing rest and needs more time to get back on the recruiting trail.

Not really, but a little info about her health improving would be nice.
Since CVS is expected back, her health is of the upmost importance considering the grind of season and her having to cut last year short.

Also on the recruiting front, recruits want to make sure who they think will be coaching them is healthy enough to.
An update could end the worry of if her health has stopped being a problem and won't affect her return or if she's still needing rest and needs more time to get back on the recruiting trail.

From Hobbs in a Q&A in NJ dot com today.

What’s the latest with C. Vivian Stringer?
“Can’t really say much. I had a great conversation with Vivian a couple of weeks ago. She’s looking forward to getting back here. She has to continue to work with her doctors and get approval.

"But she intends to be back here later this spring.’’

Reactions: RUonBrain
From Hobbs in a Q&A in NJ dot com today.

What’s the latest with C. Vivian Stringer?
“Can’t really say much. I had a great conversation with Vivian a couple of weeks ago. She’s looking forward to getting back here. She has to continue to work with her doctors and get approval.

"But she intends to be back here later this spring.’’
Thank you.
Seems like the plan is that CVS is coming back, but for now her health problems aren't over but expected to be in time for next season..

Do you really expect a Health Report ?
No I don't. I am very well versed in most of Hippa Laws basics, and particularily as it applies to mental Health Care, and substance abouse Definitely don't expexct a report, but some news would be nice I just want want ever is causing this 2 months chains of events for Coach and sfaff if possible to come to a hopefully hapyy end.

Last edited:
No genius I don't. I am very well versed in most of Hippa basics, and particularily as it applies to mental Health Care, and substance abouse Definitely don't expexct a report, but a would tiny bit of some news would be assuraing.

Ok, that's cool. But, you specifically said health report. If you meant "an update", you should have been clear.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Ok, that's cool. But, you specifically said health report. If you meant "an update", you should have been clear.
The way you put it , you're right.
But health report loosely translated ( without going into the health problem being addressed that caused her leave of absence ) could mean just saying Stringer's health has improved enough to make Hobbs (RU Medical Staff) confident that she will have no problems in returning.
That's all I want.
As it is, we are being told nothing has changed about Vivian wanting to come back, but not cleared to yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT