ADVERTISEMENT

Next year

RUSCFORMERLYRULOU

All Conference
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2017
This year is done. Pike is going to have to do some serious soul searching this off season. Needs to bring in a dynamic assistant to teach some half court offense. He gets a pass this year with Covid but next year he’s actually going to have to get us in the tournament rather than the hypothetical one we made last year.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
Last years season earned Pikiell 3 seasons. This year is a massive disappointment, but still he’s still got a long leash. It will get shorter if next year is a disaster

Reactions: shields
miss Yeboah a lot. Geo just plain is not good. He had such memorable clutch shots and some posterizing dunks that people forget that he was really bad for a very long stretch last year as well. Extremely overrated.
Yup I said that before this season started but no one wanted to hear it. How he was preseason 1st team all b1g made zero sense

miss Yeboah a lot. Geo just plain is not good. He had such memorable clutch shots and some posterizing dunks that people forget that he was really bad for a very long stretch last year as well. Extremely overrated.
Sadly this is how we will remember him . Captaining the most disappointing team in history

They believed those early press clippings. Then injuries set in. People on this board were making RHJ as a NBA player. We are not a good team and I will not be surprised if don’t win more than 4 more games going forward. Something is very off and not just with players.

They believed those early press clippings. Then injuries set in. People on this board were making RHJ as a NBA player. We are not a good team and I will not be surprised if don’t win more than 4 more games going forward. Something is very off and not just with players.

you’re kinda contradicting yourself. You say we aren’t a good team..then you say something is VERY OFF.

nothing is off. We’re a bad team that was vastly overrated early this season. A team that relied on a circus atmosphere at the RAC to get 99% of their wins last year.

this team isn’t very talented and it’s showing.

Reactions: Rutgers25
you’re kinda contradicting yourself. You say we aren’t a good team..then you say something is VERY OFF.

nothing is off. We’re a bad team that was vastly overrated early this season. A team that relied on a circus atmosphere at the RAC to get 99% of their wins last year.

this team isn’t very talented and it’s showing.

The RAC is not worth nearly as much as people think it is.

Reactions: biazza38
Yup I said that before this season started but no one wanted to hear it. How he was preseason 1st team all b1g made zero sense
You also said Ron Harper Jr. was going to the NBA, so your Nostradamus abilities fade from time to time. But I'll give you this one as Richard Schnyderite thought just yesterday Geo could make money overseas and would be gone. [roll] I really hope that was sarcasm from him.

Last years season earned Pikiell 3 seasons. This year is a massive disappointment, but still he’s still got a long leash. It will get shorter if next year is a disaster

it will be interesting to see the makeup of next year’s team. I can’t imagine that all the key players will be back and think he will almost have to look for a transfer or two to make up for this past year’s recruiting class.

You also said Ron Harper Jr. was going to the NBA, so your Nostradamus abilities fade from time to time. But I'll give you this one as Richard Schnyderite thought just yesterday Geo could make money overseas and would be gone. [roll] I really hope that was sarcasm from him.
Ron definitely still has a chance at the NBA. He will come back next year and if he has a good year with his NBA bloodlines a team will give him a chance. The second round of the NBA draft and undrafted free agency is literally like picking names out of a hat. Who do you think might have some upside? He has shown the ability to have a high ceiling at times, and when you pair that with Nba GM’s thinking they can get him into shape and remembering his dad then it puts him in a good position. And regarding Gio, it certainly isn’t hard to make money overseas. But they make like $30,000 a year. It’s just delaying getting into the real world

There’s a reason for the variance.

Nah. Our HCA might be above average but it's ~3-4 points like everybody else. People forget things like the fact that we played our 2 worst games of the Big Ten season last season at home and got lucky that they happened to be against the two worst teams in the conference and we managed to pull out games at the end that we easily could have lost.

Reactions: kcg88
Nah. Our HCA might be above average but it's ~3-4 points like everybody else. People forget things like the fact that we played our 2 worst games of the Big Ten season last season at home and got lucky that they happened to be against the two worst teams in the conference and we managed to pull out games at the end that we easily could have lost.

i just disagree. Again 99% of our wins last year were there.

An 11th ranked team this year what sucks without a raucous RAC.
That was a humongous part or our success

i just disagree. Again 99% of our wins last year were there.

An 11th ranked team this year what sucks without a raucous RAC.
That was a humongous part or our success

OK.

Hope you are getting rich betting on Rutgers ATS at home and on the opponent away, since the Vegas lines only give us normal HCA.

OK.

Hope you are getting rich betting on Rutgers ATS at home and on the opponent away, since the Vegas lines only give us normal HCA.

can’t bet on Rutgers in Jersey..but I’d certainly be betting against them..

btw there’s no HCA this season with no crowds. That’s kinda my point

can’t bet on Rutgers in Jersey..but I’d certainly be betting against them..

btw there’s no HCA this season with no crowds. That’s kinda my point

HCA is still ~2.1 points if you look at the data.. down from a massive 3.3 last year. Not saying the crowd doesn't make a difference (and I'm sure it makes more in a stadium like ours; this is including small conference teams that will have minimal crowd impact in normal years) but we are talking like 2ppg tops.

The whole team was overrated at the start of the season, as is the coach. Now reality sinks in.

HCA is still ~2.1 points if you look at the data.. down from a massive 3.3 last year. Not saying the crowd doesn't make a difference (and I'm sure it makes more in a stadium like ours; this is including small conference teams that will have minimal crowd impact in normal years) but we are talking like 2ppg tops.

I just disagree. This is a pretty bad team that was ranked 11th this season almost exclusively b/c of the way they played at a full RAC.

I just disagree. This is a pretty bad team that was ranked 11th this season almost exclusively b/c of the way they played at a full RAC.

? They were ranked 11th because they started the season with 6 dominating victories, zero of which came at a full RAC.

? They were ranked 11th because they started the season with 6 dominating victories, zero of which came at a full RAC.

6 dominating victories doesn’t get a team ranked 11th (half against bad low-majors).

We were ranked 11th after 6 wins b/c we were incredibly overrated coming into the season thanks to the RAC.

This is some tortured logic. The team actually played like the 11th best team (or better!) early in the year, sure if everyone thought we sucked coming in we wouldn't have been ranked as high but that ranking was not undeserved at the time.

This is some tortured logic. The team actually played like the 11th best team (or better!) early in the year, sure if everyone thought we sucked coming in we wouldn't have been ranked as high but that ranking was not undeserved at the time.

I don’t think we looked very much like a top 25 team at all this year. Zero half court offense, flawed FT shooting.

Not ingredients of a good team.

We were shooting lights out from 3 in certain stretches which was our savior.

Home wins against Sacred Heart, FDU, Hofstra, Syracuse, Illinois and Purdue, only one exceptional win the entire season. Just 1-3 on the road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT