ADVERTISEMENT

Next year

If you guys can't admit we looked great at the beginning of the season I don't know what to tell you..

Reactions: kcg88
If you guys can't admit we looked great at the beginning of the season I don't know what to tell you..

Ok.I don’t think we did look great.

if you can’t admit that a full RAC is maybe the best home court advantages in college and is 99% responsible for our success the last 2 years I don’t really know what to tell you.

Ok.I don’t think we did look great.

if you can’t admit that a full RAC is maybe the best home court advantages in college and is 99% responsible for our success the last 2 years I don’t really know what to tell you.

Sure, it might be one of the best home court advantages, which would make it 4.25 points instead of 3.

99% responsible for success.. don't be an idiot.

Torvik had us #18 through January 3. That feels right to me. Not quite as high as our rankings but a legit top 25 team.

Since then we're #155, which also feels right. What I can't even begin to explain is why the drop off happened, and why it happened so suddenly.

Sure, it might be one of the best home court advantages, which would make it 4.25 points instead of 3.

99% responsible for success.. don't be an idiot.
Just foolish.

Also we can act like the RAC is the only reason they won any games last year, but it wasn’t until the guys put together a few wins early last year that the place started selling out consistently.

Last edited:
How many of our wins last year were b/c of the rac?

0?

I mean in all seriousness I don't know how one is supposed to answer that question... but here:

If I generously assume the RAC is worth 1.25ppg over a normal HC, then that is worth ~5% extra win probability in an otherwise evenly matched game.

If I very generously assume that every home game would've been a pick'em then in 18 home games that's slightly less than 1 extra win, on average.

Those are very generous assumptions, so realistically? Half a win? Less?

Reactions: kcg88
you’re kinda contradicting yourself. You say we aren’t a good team..then you say something is VERY OFF.

nothing is off. We’re a bad team that was vastly overrated early this season. A team that relied on a circus atmosphere at the RAC to get 99% of their wins last year.

this team isn’t very talented and it’s showing.
I was attempting to say that when you see a team so out of sorts it relates to a problem with not just a particular player or players. It is more internal. It looks as though all the confidence “ swag” was sucked out of them in a blink of the eye. My take is they bought into the ranking way too much. Injuries meh... forgetting to play defense and playing for each other that is a team issue. Unless you are of the opinion that Carter and Yeboah ‘s leaving is part of the problem then I think the staff needs to take a pause and reevaluate what pieces fit where? Piekell is a good coach ... is he Tom Izzo ? No ...but he needs to show he can pull them out of this funk. Too much hype about last year seems to have allowed these players to underestimate what really produces an NCAA team. We are not that type of team at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT