ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Suriano, N.J. wrestling great at Penn State, injured in controversial NWCA Duals

Did anyone actually see him get injured or know how it happened? Obviously doesn't sound good.

Reactions: demauroj
Did anyone actually see him get injured or know how it happened? Obviously doesn't sound good.
I have not seen it. Doesn't sound good. If it's "high" sprain, that's serious trouble for post season. I saw a report that he rolled the ankle. He wasn't in a boot or on crutches for remainder of match, which is interesting.

controversy? Aside from Flo servers crashing and some dubious reffing at PSU OK St (Heil was on his back) the Suriano injury was a complete freak accident...look at 5:10 of the tape where Nick is sitting out: http://www.flowrestling.org/video/1...nni-ok-state-vs-nick-suriano-psu#.WKtVGjsrJPZ
The article fails to explain the controversy. It also says "those who don't Sanderson" but never addresses the issue. Who dislikes him and why? Lastly, it says Suriano would have been wrestling anyway and could have been hurt anywhere. Pathetic reporting.

Gotta feel for the kid, Total freak accident , have never seen anything like that before, hopefully he didnt tear anything.

Cael gave an interview yesterday or the day before (can't seem to find the video at the moment) where he mentions Nick will be good to go for Big Tens. Question is will he be 100%? Sprains can have a wide range of severity and recovery time.

Nick could potentially weigh in a the Big Ten Tournament, then Injury default himself prior to his first match.

He is 99.9% assured an at large bid and a high seed if they wanted to rest the ankle for a couple more weeks.

Nick could potentially weigh in a the Big Ten Tournament, then Injury default himself prior to his first match.

He is 99.9% assured an at large bid and a high seed if they wanted to rest the ankle for a couple more weeks.

What would be the advantage to that?

What would be the advantage to that?

I should point out that all signs point to him wrestling at the B1G Championships, but If he legit needs the time to heal skipping the Big Ten's would essentially afford him the ability to heal up and rehab the ankle for almost a month between the injury and his first match at the NCAA's.

I should point out that all signs point to him wrestling at the B1G Championships, but If he legit needs the time to heal skipping the Big Ten's would essentially afford him the ability to heal up and rehab the ankle for almost a month between the injury and his first match at the NCAA's.

I meant why would he have to weigh in and injury default. I was just curious if there was a reason that getting the bye would help him in any way. I would think he would just not participate at all (not be seeded), but I don't know how it works.

I meant why would he have to weigh in and injury default. I was just curious if there was a reason that getting the bye would help him in any way. I would think he would just not participate at all (not be seeded), but I don't know how it works.

Ole Cabbagehead-you must weigh in and compete in your conference tournament to be eligible to wrestle at the Nationals.

I don't care how he is. He went to PSU. I felt bad for Langle when he got hurt (along with Dip, Lewis, and other RU wrestlers) b/c he could have done very well in the NCAA, but with Suriano...whatever.

Reactions: koleszar
ADVERTISEMENT