All American
Gold Member
Dec 23, 2005
Rutgers should be playing in the last of the four games on Thursday
vs. the winner of the Purdue/ Iowa game
Start about 9 pm on FS2
Iowa the 6 seed, Purdue the 11
Iowa gave Rutgers one of its three losses, a 90 -84 decision on 12/31/2020

The 2 seed is Indiana. Rutgers did not play Indiana.
Indiana plays the winner of #10 Penn State vs. #7 Michigan State.

bigten.org/documents/2021/2/24/2021_B1G_WBB_Tournament_Bracket.pdf?id=6936

Indeed it was. While I'm never looking forward to playing someone like Caitlin Clark (should Iowa beat Purdue), I am hopeful the team's disappointment in how they played in Iowa City will be sufficient fuel.

Reactions: highsoxguy
Those two road losses in what seems like eons ago were by just 3 and 6 points. I hope that RU gets to play Iowa to avenge that loss. RU is a different more experienced team than it was at the beginning of January and is on quite a roll.

It would be real nice for RU to get a second shot at UMd in the B1G CCG. That loss was by just 4 points, IIRC.

Well, if RU was to survive Caitlin Clark, I mean Iowa, Indiana would likely loom first, and Indiana is a no joke excellent team who beat RU solidly twice last year.

One game at a time.

C. Vivian Stringer team scores 87 points and loses! (12/14 vs. Maryland)
C. Vivian Stringer team scores 84 points and loses! (12/31 at Iowa)

As if this year wasn't weird enough.
The third loss was 53-50 at Nebraska. (1/3/21)

As great as they have been playing we have to recognize Rutgers only played one game vs. the other top 4 seeds. Lost to Maryland, 16-1 (14-1), the 1 seed. Did not play Indiana, 16-2 (14-2), the 2 seed. Did not play Michigan, 9-4 (8-3), the 4 seed.

Last edited:
Reactions: LtCol144
C. Vivian Stringer team scores 87 points and loses! (12/14 vs. Maryland)
C. Vivian Stringer team scores 84 points and loses! (12/31 at Iowa)

As if this year wasn't weird enough.
The third loss was 53-50 at Nebraska. (1/3/21)

As great as they have been playing we have to recognize Rutgers only played one game vs. the other top 4 seeds. Lost to Maryland, 16-1 (14-1), the 1 seed. Did not play Indiana, 16-2 (14-2), the 2 seed. Did not play Michigan, 9-4 (8-3), the 4 seed.

Correct, the 7 games RU missed were the real "meat" of the schedule; games against Purdue, Michigan, Indiana, Maryland, Iowa, Ohio State, Northwestern. They were able to play every team once except Indiana and Michigan.

That being said, it's interesting that RU's three losses were by a combined 13 points. And while this is not an excuse, in two of those losses, they lost a starter in the first 5min of the game (Tekia versus MD, Zippy vs Iowa). Still, they've never been out of a game all year.

ADVERTISEMENT