ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Discussion- ron Harper jr, Caleb McConnell, geo baker, Eric leGrand, Todd Frazier and more!

Geo_Baker_1

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2022
Hey everyone just a reminder that tomorrow, June 6th at 9 pm, we’ll be having a huge talk revolving around Rutgers athletics and more specifically, NIL, and how we can survive and thrive in this era. The conversation features Ron Harper jr, Todd Frazier, Eric leGrand, Caleb McConnell, myself, and more!

I’ll also be announcing the winner of my jersey giveaway live on the space! Entries for the giveaway end at midnight tonight.

I also think we’ll have some time at the end to bring some listeners up to ask questions/give suggestions! See you guys tomorrow ❤️🖤 here is the link to set a reminder for the Twitter space, where the conversation will be taking place.

Any discussion around this and how it impacts Cliff or Mag? It seems like few fans understand this.

Most international student athletes have refrained from entering NIL deals so far because of work restrictions on their student visas. These students are generally on F-1 visas, which limit a student’s work to on-campus positions, with restrictions on total hours, and off-campus work for optional practical training in their field or curricular practical training as part of their education

Any discussion around this and how it impacts Cliff or Mag? It seems like few fans understand this.

Most international student athletes have refrained from entering NIL deals so far because of work restrictions on their student visas. These students are generally on F-1 visas, which limit a student’s work to on-campus positions, with restrictions on total hours, and off-campus work for optional practical training in their field or curricular practical training as part of their education
Probably not something we’ll be discussing as that’s a whole other issue. I know that cliff signed with an agent to help him navigate NIL but haven’t heard much since. Our compliance office is also in constant contact with our international players giving them updates on the situation. That’s just a legal problem rather than an NCAA or rutgers problem.

The Twitter space was a good time. Just listened since I was playing bball when it was live. Thanks for putting it together Geo

Congrats to Dave White on winning the Geo jersey! 👏

My overall impression from listening to the conversation was how close the basketball players are as friends and want to spread the RU love all over. They went out of their way to mention that it is Coach Pikiell that has been so influential in their years at RU with basketball, but more important with their lives overall. It was great to hear.

It was also great to hear the other people(Eric, Todd, etc) join in and it did seem like all of them are trying to make RU a special place.

Where we had been a laughingstock for so many years, things are really changing....

Best of Luck,
Groz

Just listened... Entertaining easy listen, good stuff! Didn't get much into nuts and bolts of the good NIL vs bad NIL, but regardless a good listen. Maybe Geo should get involved in an RU podcast with current and past athletes.

Just listened... Entertaining easy listen, good stuff! Didn't get much into nuts and bolts of the good NIL vs bad NIL, but regardless a good listen. Maybe Geo should get involved in an RU podcast with current and past athletes.
Thanks! Yeah our goal wasn’t really to talk about the bad players in the NIL world but more about focusing on what rutgers can do to combat them. I appreciate you and everyone for taking the time to listen.

ADVERTISEMENT