ADVERTISEMENT

NIL - women's sports also benefiting

JayDogSmooth

All Conference
Aug 18, 2006
Take a look at this recent article about TT women's bball program each getting 25k. I've been driving home the fact that it's not just individual donors, this is a marketing agency that signed them.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/07/...ns-nil-deal-25k-per-player-level-13-marketing

*** Not only do I encourage everyone to consider donating to your sport / athlete of choice, but if you have a business, or if the your place of employment is interested, to think about how NIL can benefit both the player and business alike.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I’m all for sponsoring kids once they’re on the roster, a select few gifted players can go beyond and make more cash in the free open market.
Paying high school players 100s of thousands for their commitment…. and legal poaching and tampering thru the portal….Nope!
Gotta be regulated

I’m all for sponsoring kids once they’re on the roster, a select few gifted players can go beyond and make more cash in the free open market.
Paying high school players 100s of thousands for their commitment…. Nope
That's a fair take
But for argument's sake, what if Dylan Harper would come here for $$
Or Arch Manning for FB
I believe the notoriority of those kids and the potential they could have on the teams could be program changers

That's a fair take
Or Arch Manning for FB
I believe the notoriority of those kids and the potential they could have on the teams could be program changers
Dog-
Of course as a fan I’d love the one off game changer who gets a car, special off campus living arrangements and spending money.
He’d also take advantage of NIL, If we truly get a game changing, program changing player….the market will overwhelm him around here.
I’d also live in fear of the free agent, ability to tamper, million dollar portal poaching him away.
How do we regulate that Dog?

That's a fair take
Or Arch Manning for FB
I think many feel the potential change will result in a higher payroll that doesn’t necessarily translate to more wins.

Last edited:
Dog-
Of course as a fan I’d love the one off game changer who gets a car, special off campus living arrangements and spending money.
He’d also take advantage of NIL, If we truly get a game changing, program changing player….the market will overwhelm him around here.
I’d also live in fear of the free agent, ability to tamper, million dollar portal poaching him away.
How do we regulate that Dog?
That's rub, we're breaking away from NCAA in a few years and so far there's been no regulations
Congress doing it could take years, and I don't know if i'd want them involved

As much as I like NIL, I don't have an answer for you in that regard, and out of everything, that is the only think that concerns me (if they don't get it corrected soon, which I have to assume they will as it's totally out of control right now and could/will ruin the game if not corralled)

Reactions: zappaa
ADVERTISEMENT