ADVERTISEMENT

NJ’s First Junior College Football Program

Mr_Twister

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2004
I guess Sussex is the only one in the state run by the college. It is something I hope catches on throughout the state. Not every kid can or wants to go away, but they may still want to play football. In a football state like New Jersey, there shouldn’t be any shortage of players.

Reactions: TM94goRU
Really?!?!?!?! That's the uniform design they go with as a NJ community college. Let me guess Todd Poltersdorf has a shrine to all things Joe Paterno in his office.
Sussex County to secede from NJ and join Pennsyltucky...they might fit in quite seamlessly with their Pike County neighbors to the west.

This is nice to hear. Not only for NJ players, but for Rutgers coaches to possibly stash a player who goes juco in the state, closer to campus.

This is nice to hear. Not only for NJ players, but for Rutgers coaches to possibly stash a player who goes juco in the state, closer to campus.
The entire State of N. Carolina Universities used to do that with the old NAIA. Catawba, Gardner-Webb and Elon were full of players waiting to get into the ACC schools.

I think Ramapo College dropped football at least 20 years ago. Too many colleges in New Jersey without football. Campuses become ghost towns on weekends without it. Ramapo, Stockton, Rider, NJIT, Centennary, Georgian Court, FDU-Teaneck/Hackensack, Off the top of my head.

ADVERTISEMENT