ADVERTISEMENT

NJ.com article : Who has the edge at QB?

newwavedave1

All Conference
Feb 2, 2006
Everybody starts out even with a new coaching staff and offensive scheme in place. That said, they give Sitkowski a slight edge with Langdon the likely #2 do to his playing time showing he is a more than capable B1G QB. I highly disagree with the last statement. To me he was barely serviceable. I'm hoping someone else can rise to the occasion and grab the #2 spot or even the starting job.

The usual, yet troubling, ongoing problems at this position.
GS will be using a patchwork quilt next season (hopefully) in seeing who fits the best.
Sitkowski's problems would, I think, have him on a very short leash. We may well see new faces earlier than later. I go back to Sits very first game where he showed the propensity to throw it to the other team.

Everybody starts out even with a new coaching staff and offensive scheme in place. That said, they give Sitkowski a slight edge with Langdon the likely #2 do to his playing time showing he is a more than capable B1G QB. I highly disagree with the last statement. To me he was barely serviceable. I'm hoping someone else can rise to the occasion and grab the #2 spot or even the starting job.

I think Snyder beats out Langan for #2. While I understand a spring game and garbage time against Penn St. is not much of a sample size, but Snyder looked way better to me. He might not be the tough runner JL is but he would bring more to the passing game IMO.

Reactions: Knight Shift
The usual, yet troubling, ongoing problems at this position.
GS will be using a patchwork quilt next season (hopefully) in seeing who fits the best.
Sitkowski's problems would, I think, have him on a very short leash. We may well see new faces earlier than later. I go back to Sits very first game where he showed the propensity to throw it to the other team.

If you want to look on the bright side, he went from 1 Int every 15 passes in '18 to 1 every 34 last season in limited duty. His Comp % went from 49% to 65%.

Of course it mean little now, just trying to add a little sunshine on crappy day.

Who has edge in Rutgers QB battle? How will walk-on surge impact Scarlet Knights? Mailbag

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/...-on-surge-impact-scarlet-knights-mailbag.html

I think Snyder beats out Langan for #2. While I understand a spring game and garbage time against Penn St. is not much of a sample size, but Snyder looked way better to me. He might not be the tough runner JL is but he would bring more to the passing game IMO.
I have the exact same opinion.

My gut instinct is that while he may not get the nod at the start of the season, Cole Snyder will eventually challenge and get the starting position later this year. Evan Simon will be a wild card. Too soon to tell how he will play on the college stage, but his film and background are impressive.

Reactions: RUShea and beaced
ruspring21jpg-667d30363ae3e95d.jpg

I understand that Sitkowski sat himself last year so that he could preserve eligibility (and use it at some other program) but I definitely do not think it benefits him, at all, to not be on the field for a year. Of any QB we've had in recent memory, he's probably the one who needed/needs/will need to be on the field as much as possible. He needed/needs/will still need the snaps. I don't see how, looking at his body of work, a decision could be made that he is clearly the #1.

I understand that Sitkowski sat himself last year so that he could preserve eligibility (and use it at some other program) but I definitely do not think it benefits him, at all, to not be on the field for a year. Of any QB we've had in recent memory, he's probably the one who needed/needs/will need to be on the field as much as possible. He needed/needs/will still need the snaps. I don't see how, looking at his body of work, a decision could be made that he is clearly the #1.

Sitkowski played in 3 games last season.

Langdon will be RU's version of Taysom Hill unless he decides he want to move to TE. I can certainly see him getting 10-15 plays a game, at QB, in running situations. Although he doesn't have a great arm he can still throw it down field to keep teams honest.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
This offense needs someone that can both run and throw so I don't think it is Sit or Langan, at least at year's end. Snyder was a great athlete in high school so maybe he can run and throw well enough to work in this offense. The athleticism of the transfer might make him suitable. Don't want to start a true frosh.

I think a hurry-up, spread offense designed to get the ball out of the QB’s hand quickly is the perfect remedy for Art. Keep the defense on their heels guessing, tire them out, and don’t think just react. Sprinkle in a heavy dose of Pacheco and any QB should improve from how they performed prior.

I think a hurry-up, spread offense designed to get the ball out of the QB’s hand quickly is the perfect remedy for Art. Keep the defense on their heels guessing, tire them out, and don’t think just react. Sprinkle in a heavy dose of Pacheco and any QB should improve from how they performed prior.

Doesn’t a spread offense need an accurate passing QB to make the quick decisions?

Isn’t Snyder a guy who really didn’t play and we beat out Lafayette, Maine and New Hampshire to get?

My gut instinct is that while he may not get the nod at the start of the season, Cole Snyder will eventually challenge and get the starting position later this year. Evan Simon will be a wild card. Too soon to tell how he will play on the college stage, but his film and background are impressive.
Simon may well be the QB.Country wide,there has been many talented freshmen that have started and played well.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Why is everyone writing off Sitkowski? He’s had 0 interceptions in his last two games and I feel that he will be adequate if given time to throw the ball and the receivers learn to get separation.
He’s definitely the leading candidate to start. Can someone beat him out? Sure, but he's the most talented QB and has 2 years experience. Powell is interesting given his skillset, but he would have a lot of catching up to do considering he changed positions and may be rusty with out spring ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abro1975
If you want to look on the bright side, he went from 1 Int every 15 passes in '18 to 1 every 34 last season in limited duty. His Comp % went from 49% to 65%.

Of course it mean little now, just trying to add a little sunshine on crappy day.

This.
Of course he only played early games in 2019 against non-B1G opponents ( some cupcakes).
I think we have sunshine days this Season with Art however.

Reactions: knightfan7
I never rule out starting a freshman anymore, GS has already done it. But the pandemic may rule that out this time. Wasn’t Simon expected to enroll early? All that potential work is wiped out.

ADVERTISEMENT