ADVERTISEMENT

NJ.Com/Dylan Harper

richthedentist

All American
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2001
Sorry not sure how to link but they have an article up on the 22/23 NJ High School Basketball players to watch in Dylan Harper's blurb at the end it says verbatim. Harper is being recruited by the best college programs in the country, including Duke, Kansas, Auburn, Indiana and UCLA!!; Not one mention of Rutgers how many times is this rag or whatever we want to call it going to diss Rutgers

Sorry not sure how to link but they have an article up on the 22/23 NJ High School Basketball players to watch in Dylan Harper's blurb at the end it says verbatim. Harper is being recruited by the best college programs in the country, including Duke, Kansas, Auburn, Indiana and UCLA!!; Not one mention of Rutgers how many times is this rag or whatever we want to call it going to diss Rutgers
They will make sure to note it if he chooses someone other than RU though.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Who wrote article? Carino? If that’s the case he must have spoken to SOMEONE with knowledge. To not mention Rutgers is either 1) he knows something we don’t 2) shoddy journalism

Who wrote article? Carino? If that’s the case he must have spoken to SOMEONE with knowledge. To not mention Rutgers is either 1) he knows something we don’t 2) shoddy journalism
Or 3: The bags of cash arrived.

Brandon Gould wrote the article

That article did clear up one very common question on this board, and that is what Jaden Jones is up to. Not sure how he got to go back to HS, but it looks like he had a very productive football season.

The comment is that Dylan Harper is being recruited by the best programs in the country but does not mention that other programs were also recruiting him like Rutgers.I understand that Rutgers fans get upset by not being mentioned but journalists depend on rankings and perception of sport teams.Rutgers isn't perceived right now as a top tier basketball program which doesn't mean that Dylan Harper won't play for Rutgers in two years.I doubt he will make a decision until the summer of 2023.

The comment is that Dylan Harper is being recruited by the best programs in the country but does not mention that other programs were also recruiting him like Rutgers.I understand that Rutgers fans get upset by not being mentioned but journalists depend on rankings and perception of sport teams.Rutgers isn't perceived right now as a top tier basketball program which doesn't mean that Dylan Harper won't play for Rutgers in two years.I doubt he will make a decision until the summer of 2023.

Neither is Indiana.

I’m not upset but it is odd that you wouldn’t at least mention in the article that he is also being recruited by the local school where his brother had an all B1G career and is now a pro. Just weird. Sometimes it’s hard to believe there isn’t an agenda. I don’t read papers from all over the country but it’s hard to believe that this happens elsewhere.

I’m not upset but it is odd that you wouldn’t at least mention in the article that he is also being recruited by the local school where his brother had an all B1G career and is now a pro. Just weird. Sometimes it’s hard to believe there isn’t an agenda. I don’t read papers from all over the country but it’s hard to believe that this happens elsewhere.
I really don’t think this writer is that experienced or knowledgeable that I would think there is an agenda.

Most of the posters here continually forget the sports director for nj.com is Kevin Manahan, who has been open about his dislike for anything Rutgers. He may not write the article, but he gives direction on the tone of the article and essential talking points to mention.

Most of the posters here continually forget the sports director for nj.com is Kevin Manahan, who has been open about his dislike for anything Rutgers. He may not write the article, but he gives direction on the tone of the article and essential talking points to mention.
I don't think he's spending too much time editing an article about a bunch of high school kids.

Sadly there are 3 writers linked to that article so it’s shoddy journalism and hate of the state U combined if all 3 missed RU

The passing comment was probably meant to show all the name teams after him, as being an impressive thing

Not all the teams or favorites are to be mentioned as it would water down the point

Manahan is a loser along with the rest that work there. Joke is on any of you who still read NJ.com or buy a newspaper in 2022.

People joke about negativd posts on here impacting recruiting.
I can tell you with 100% certainty that any "slights" towards Rutgers on nj.com or in the actual newspaper have zero impact.

No high school kid checks nj.com or has ever even seen an actual Star-Ledger newspaper.

People joke about negativd posts on here impacting recruiting.
I can tell you with 100% certainty that any "slights" towards Rutgers on nj.com or in the actual newspaper have zero impact.

No high school kid checks nj.com or has ever even seen an actual Star-Ledger newspaper.

But their parents , teachers , neighbors , coaches might. And if they all continue to have a negative bias towards RU then it won’t be the “cool” place to go. And kids do whatever is perceived to be the trendy or cool thing

ADVERTISEMENT