ADVERTISEMENT

NJ Group Finals Tomorrow

What happened to him?
I don’t know the extent of the injury but he’s out today. I don’t think BR will be able to overcome that loss but they’re trying - BR currently trails Rumson 5-3 late in the first half.

Mountain Lakes about to punch their ticket to the final - they lead St. Augies 10-4.

Reactions: Caliknight
I don’t know the extent of the injury but he’s out today. I don’t think BR will be able to overcome that loss but they’re trying - BR currently trails Rumson 5-3 late in the first half.

Mountain Lakes about to punch their ticket to the final - they lead St. Augies 10-4.
At last check Rumson was leading BR 11-7 with 3 minutes to go. This game would’ve been a challenge WITH Colin, but really difficult without him.

At last check Rumson was leading BR 11-7 with 3 minutes to go. This game would’ve been a challenge WITH Colin, but really difficult without him.
Rumson wins 12-8. Agree it still would’ve been a challenge with Kurdyla but definitely would’ve been winnable.

Congrats to Rumson, though - Group 1 vs. Group 2 in the final. First time that’s ever happened and I can’t even begin to describe how crazy that is. Well I guess I’ll try - Mountain Lakes and RFH combined have well over 1,000 less students than Bridgewater-Raritan. So huge kudos to those programs.

RFH is looking to be the first ever TOC champ from South Jersey - they certainly have a chance, though I predicted Mountain Lakes from the start.

I’ll stick with that and go 11-10 Mountain Lakes in OT - haven’t had a real good TOC final in quite a while so let’s hope this one lives up to it.

Reactions: jreinsdorf

Hmm, so I covered the BR-Southern game and he took a hard hit in the first quarter. Stayed down for a bit, but then played the rest of the game. Seemed fine after the game.

Rumson wins 12-8. Agree it still would’ve been a challenge with Kurdyla but definitely would’ve been winnable.

Congrats to Rumson, though - Group 1 vs. Group 2 in the final. First time that’s ever happened and I can’t even begin to describe how crazy that is. Well I guess I’ll try - Mountain Lakes and RFH combined have well over 1,000 less students than Bridgewater-Raritan. So huge kudos to those programs.

RFH is looking to be the first ever TOC champ from South Jersey - they certainly have a chance, though I predicted Mountain Lakes from the start.

I’ll stick with that and go 11-10 Mountain Lakes in OT - haven’t had a real good TOC final in quite a while so let’s hope this one lives up to it.
Regardless what the NJSIAA calls it, Rumson is in Central NJ.

And yes, it does exist.😉

Rumson played them during the regular season with Kurdyla at BRW and beat them 12-4 no ?

Rumson played them during the regular season with Kurdyla at BRW and beat them 12-4 no ?
Yes, RFH was on fire in that game, and being a regular-season game could play loose. Yesterday both teams made several mistakes that kept the game close. I am not surprised that the game was closer even without Colin, BR has played better during the past few weeks and the defense was playing especially well. RFH just had too many weapons. BR brings back a lot for next year and will be a top contender. Brady Kurdyla finishes this year with the most points for a BR player since Scott Bieda.

Who are the kids from Rumson that are players?
Cole Cashion (Yale), Beau Kemler (Villanova), Matthew Bockelmann (Brown), Christian Bockelmann (Yale), Quinn Stankovits (uncommitted junior), Grayson Goldin (uncommitted frosh) are all high-level D1 talents.

Phil Passalaqua (Haverford) and Tommy French (Babson) are some very good D3 seniors. Jack Mccarren, Noah Beacher, Andy Croddick (cool name) are other good players - I’m sure I missed a bunch.

They will be elite next year, BR brings back a lot too. Mountain Lakes and Summit not so much but I’m sure they’ll reload.

Cole Cashion (Yale), Beau Kemler (Villanova), Matthew Bockelmann (Brown), Christian Bockelmann (Yale), Quinn Stankovits (uncommitted junior), Grayson Goldin (uncommitted frosh) are all high-level D1 talents.

Phil Passalaqua (Haverford) and Tommy French (Babson) are some very good D3 seniors. Jack Mccarren, Noah Beacher, Andy Croddick (cool name) are other good players - I’m sure I missed a bunch.

They will be elite next year, BR brings back a lot too. Mountain Lakes and Summit not so much but I’m sure they’ll reload.
I would say that Stankovits is probably a D3 guy as he shots well but does not move well enough for a D1 kid. Croddicks Brother is Pg'ing and will be at Princeton next year as a goalie. unfortunately, Rutgers is not a landing spot for a lot of these kids as they have the means to go where ever they want.

ADVERTISEMENT