ADVERTISEMENT

NJ HS Wrestling Tourney

Regions starts today & are Wed, Fri, Sat. I don't like that it's 3 days, which is definitely a pain to maintain weight. They should really cut it back to 2 days, Fri & Sat, like NY. Outbrackets & quarters Fri, semis, wrestlebacks, consi finals & finals Sat.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I agree Leonard about the Regions being 2 days. I also like that some Districts are one day tournaments now. They are usually 10 to 12 teams and no wrestle backs so in my opinion no need for 2 days.

To the OP I didn't hear of many upsets in the districts. Some great matches, search for the District 23 170 pound final match. What a great match that was. If I was RU I would recruit both those guys. Those two guys should see each other in the semi's at Region 6 this weekend with the winner getting Hertling in the finals.

I'll be at Region 1 this weekend. 160 should be the feature weight class with a probable #1 McFadden (DePaul) vs #2 Elling (P'burg). They run that Region like a Swiss Watch. Great Cafeteria, and very good parking. NJcom has terrific coverage up now on all the brackets and predictions, from the Regions.

At 170, Kyle Murphy from Bridgewater wrestled Josh Ugalde tough losing 1-0 in District 18 finals. Murphy's sister is our women's soccer goalie.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

region 3 should be fun at both 132 De La Cruz (summit) vs Farro (Delbarton) and 152 Tavoso (Delbarton) vs Murray (Cranford) barring upsets....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT