ADVERTISEMENT

NJ region wrestling

jerzey devil

All American
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2004
ok wrestling fans...what region matchups are you most excited to see this weekend? at region 3 I really wanna see potential finals at 132 between De La Cruz from summit (won 2 state championships at bound brook) vs Nick Farro from Delbarton (beat Han. Parks Cefolo twice last year) and 152 between Cranfords Gavin Murray and Delbartons Joe Tavoso (two top ranked kids) anyone else? name what region you're attending and what mathcups you're most looking forward to seeing...

I'm following Billy Povalac and Peter Lipari, who I believe are coming to Rutgers. I'm also interested in Matt Correnti, the top rated 195 pound junior in the country, who I would think we are recruiting. $$$$

New Jersey kids that are committed to Rutgers in this weekends Regions

Region 2 - 126 pounds

Pete Lipari is the #1 seed

Region 5 - 145 pounds

Billy Povalac is the #1 seed

Region 6 - 160 pounds

Willie Scott is the #1 seed
The #2 seed at this weight, Cliff Ruggiero, was beating Willie in the district finals but got called for a slam and Willie couldn't continue. Should make for an interesting rematch if they both make the finals.

I have never seen Povalac before tonight, but he was the highest energy kid I saw the whole night at any weight class. He's going to be an asset to the room for sure. $$$$

Originally posted by 32prosper:
I'm. Looking forward to McFadden v Elling at 160 in region 1.
I saw a lot of talk about this match on the NJ Wrestling Facebook page. Personally I see David winning this on rather easily. And man do I still wish he was coming to Rutgers.

Elling lost in the semi's by a late takedown, and P'burgs Schuitema also lost at 170, as well as the P'burg Heavy Nothnagel A rough day for the Stateliners. I sat next to RU commit Brandon Paetzal and got to chat with him. He still has his cast on his hand waiting for a full recovery. He's anxious to join the RU team in Fall of 2016. He'll be a 125 pounder here, unless he has a growth spurt. He was about the 6th ranked 113 pounder in the nation when he got hurt.

McFadden Tech falled his opponent in the semis.

Both matches i talked about will happen...also my hometown new prov put two kids in finals 138 tyler gazawy ( would love to see RU take a look at him)and 160 lber Dan Kourakos.....good luck to all

Originally posted by obrats:
New Jersey kids that are committed to Rutgers in this weekends Regions

Region 2 - 126 pounds

Pete Lipari is the #1 seed

Region 5 - 145 pounds

Billy Povalac is the #1 seed

Region 6 - 160 pounds

Willie Scott is the #1 seed
The #2 seed at this weight, Cliff Ruggiero, was beating Willie in the district finals but got called for a slam and Willie couldn't continue. Should make for an interesting rematch if they both make the finals.
All 3 are in the finals of there Region.

Yup Abro, rough day for pburg. I just followed online but they obviously didn't do well, losing several matches in the final seconds. Very unlike then.

ADVERTISEMENT