ADVERTISEMENT

NJs 50 Greatest NBA players

Surprised politi didn't rank dahntay jones number one.
Who would have thought 15 years ago that jones would be on this list and jayson Williams wouldn't? Not me.

Reactions: RUJMM78
Think the requirement should have been you went to high school in New Jersey. Dennis Rodman? Shaquille? Silly list.

I would have thought John Shumate would have made the list. He was a star at ND and a first round draft pick I believe.

It's amazing how just reading the name Troy Murphy brings back awesome memories of how he was booed at the RAC so many times. I still hate that pre-madonna.

Rick Barry should be number 1. And John Shumate should be on list.

Murdock in the 30s and no dehere..foolish. no shumate, more inanity, hey it is the ledger - synonymous with foolishness these days. So sad. Like many of you I am sure, lots of my background in jersey hoops is from reading sl stuff from the 60s.

Politi based a lot on NBA. How long did Dehere last in NBA? Murdock lasted like 10 years in NBA. That is why Hinson should be higher than Tim Thomas.

#49 Dajuan Wagner was one of the best high school players NJ ever saw. He got on a bad Cavs team and then had health issues. Like his father, Milt Wagner, a great player that couldn't find the right team or right role in the NBA.

No mention of Lonnie Wright who I was told by old timers was one of the great athletes to ever play in this state-----if not the greatest.

I didn't grow up here but people who I respect said he was easily the best athlete to ever come out of Newark.

Played in the old AFL and the ABA at the same time.

You had to be pretty good to do that.

Reactions: Seton75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT