ADVERTISEMENT

No. 10 Rutgers Women's Soccer vs. Indiana

Game is on ESPN2. 0-0 with 30 minutes to go. I’m not an expert, but not an inspiring performance.

Good day today … WSOCCER win, Soccer came back to tie and a Giants win :)

Not a good game
Defense good Indiana only 1 decent chance the whole game
The offense not good a few shots but not a real good chance and got bailed out by the PK
We really need Reilly to get off the schnide and again missing wide open girls on offense

Indiana was playing with 5 defenders. As soon as RU got possession, all 11 players were hustling back to defend.
Tough to score when Indiana has all 11 players behind the ball at all times.
I thought our girls did a good job being patient and finding good passes.

Reactions: TRU2RU and RU MAN
Indiana was playing with 5 defenders. As soon as RU got possession, all 11 players were hustling back to defend.
Tough to score when Indiana has all 11 players behind the ball at all times.
I thought our girls did a good job being patient and finding good passes.
Thought so too. As you said IU played 5 across the back line & then dropped another 3 or 4 back. Meg had a really good save.

Reactions: RU MAN
Riley hasn’t scored a point in the last 6 games has to be working on her psych
Dentist, what would you think of trying Tiernan in the middle with Lowrey on the wing? BTW Lowrey is playing on a bum ankle & as you suspected Misal is hobbled by a hammie again. We are in rough shape on our left side D. Banks passed one right to the opponent again. The Hoosier girl didn't do anything with it or we covered for her, not sure which. Can't understand her proclivity to do this game in game out.

My daughter who knows the game much better than me and I have been saying that for weeks for a number of reasons and yesterday to me was a perfect example; #1 she receives the ball on the wing and beats her girl but I think probably because she is pressing is shooting almost every time and the problem there is it is such a bad angle that her chances of scoring are very low; also because she is forcing the shot she is not crossing the ball if memory serves me correctly( I did miss the first few minutes of the game yesterday) she only crossed the ball once; #2 is many times when she is open on the wing we cannot get the ball too her;
I would love to see her in the middle as she can utilize her speed and can create and when she gets off shots will have much better scoring angles; in that respect I would love Allison on the right wing and Sam on left wing(or Daigle as they are interchangable)
I saw Emma stretching her hammie when she came out I would maybe sit her although we just had a week but Minnesota not good so give her a full week off although hammies linger and I just don't know if she will ever be 100% this year but her play is noticable that she is hurt
Kassidy has been discussed as nauseum and yesterday we had almost no pressure the whole game and as you said she passed it the one time to the Indiana girl and we were able to thwart that error; The other problem with her is she is surprisingly not that fast and can't recover if she gets beat
I am still upset because as I've said in the short time that Naila Schoefberger played she looked lightning fast to me and I would have liked her to get some more play in the early season to see if she could contribute because at this point we don't have many options back there
Another quick note he is playing Allie Post a decent amount and maybe she will be good in the future but at this point I don't think she brings much to the table so to speak

Dentist, what would you think of trying Tiernan in the middle with Lowrey on the wing? BTW Lowrey is playing on a bum ankle & as you suspected Misal is hobbled by a hammie again. We are in rough shape on our left side D. Banks passed one right to the opponent again. The Hoosier girl didn't do anything with it or we covered for her, not sure which. Can't understand her proclivity to do this game in game out.
See my reply above and let me know what you think and I know we have some other very good soccer minds here

Like what you had to say.
One caveat. Think Schofenberger will be good for sure, but in the bit I saw of her didn't think she was ready. I'll say once again that I believe we blew it with Courtney Ruedt who transferred to Columbia & who has started at CB for them all season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT