ADVERTISEMENT

No. 17 Rutgers Men’s Lacrosse Season Starts Saturday

Offense looks great up 4-3. Defense a little shaky, faceoffs finally holding their own.

Can't get this game as no B1G +. Ohio St. up on Hopkins at the end of 1 5-1.

Should not have given that goal up. Do not slide upfield on even numbers.

But yes all the pieces are there.

I knew Knobloch was good, from coaching against him, but he is playing at a very high level.
I hadn’t seen him play outside of highlights. They didn’t pop a ton but I heard he was the real deal. I’m very impressed.

I am really impressed with the defense. They seem to be dictating the slides and not letting PSU create many emergency situations.
Ageeed. Kirst at attack is very interesting. Heard he was getting some run there

Reactions: gef21
Kirst is a beast. Wouldn’t be surprised if they move him all around. Start running him out of the box too.

Reactions: gef21
Did Rutgers recruit the Kirst kids?

Much more competitive at the x - so critical because the offense is stacked they just need the ball in their hands.

We are almost mirror images of each other. Even AC and Okeefe look like each other. What a game

It’s baffling to me that Villanova would be more attractive to those guys...
It is a culture thing at times and more about the schools themselves as opposed to the lacrosse programs. A big fight Rutgers has been battling for a long time.

If there was a stat that tracked which schools benefit vs. suffer at the hands of the refs, I think RU would be at the top of the list for most of our sports on the suffering side.

Reactions: BHSPCRU
refs are terrible. We have gotten one call. How does a team go through a game with zero penalties
apparently PSU had one (I do not even remember it). Their attackmen had a one minute penalty listed in the stats.

ADVERTISEMENT