ADVERTISEMENT

No. 17 Rutgers Women's Soccer Readies for Road Trip to Maryland Saturday

I see UMd is 0-4-1 so hopefully the Knights won't be looking past them and will take care of business.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
I'm seeing a final score on this game that I didn't was due to start so early. RU wins 3-1. Can anyone confirm if that is correct?

Thanks.

I'm seeing a final score on this game that I didn't was due to start so early. RU wins 3-1. Can anyone confirm if that is correct?

Thanks.

Something isn’t right about that. The game just started at 2 PM but I see the same thing on the athletics page. That appears to be a game between Ohio State and Maryland lol

I think you're right. When I click on the "+" next to the time, it comes with this odd mix of a final score of RU 3 - UMd 1, but then has a mixture of O's and R's where the details are. Very bizarre.

Awdul, just awful. Maryland has been giving up goals by the bucket load this year. Three goals each to Ohio state, Indiana and Purdue. AWFUL result here if you ask me.

Between this game and IU one we likely blew our 1st B1G team title.

Awdul, just awful. Maryland has been giving up goals by the bucket load this year. Three goals each to Ohio state, Indiana and Purdue. AWFUL result here if you ask me.

Between this game and IU one we likely blew our 1st B1G team title.
Did you watch the game?

This happens every season - not winning games that we should win. And every year I hope that this year will be the year when they break that cycle. But apparently not this year. There is still a lot of soccer to be played so they have time to right the ship.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
This happens every season - not winning games that we should win. And every year I hope that this year will be the year when they break that cycle. But apparently not this year. There is still a lot of soccer to be played so they have time to right the ship.

Agree. I just honestly hope when we look back on the season that we didn’t miss out on our first big 10 team title because of an awful result like this or the result against in Indiana. That would really be a shame.

Agree. I just honestly hope when we look back on the season that we didn’t miss out on our first big 10 team title because of an awful result like this or the result against in Indiana. That would really be a shame.

This is Mike O’Neal in a nut shell. He’s up there with CVS when it comes to doing less with more. He brings in tremendous talent but he can’t devise a game plan if his life depended on it. By all accounts Mike is a great guy but with a different coach we probably woulda had a couple conference titles already. It can’t be understated how little he actually utilizes the talent on these teams.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Couldn't watch the first half due to technical difficulties. Watched the 2nd. We controlled much of the play & had one ring off the cross bar & the Maryland goalie made a couple of good saves. It was a hard fought game.

News Flash. The Maryland girls are not scrubs. They can play soccer. Any team can beat any other team on any given day in this league. A tough league & has been right along. In addition, we started 5 frosh, that's half of our field players, & 3 of the 4 subs off the bench were frosh all playing significant minutes. Maybe you need to temper your expectations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rutgers56
Last weekend we won a lot ... this week is one of those bad weeks ... hopefully MBB doesn’t get snubbed.

Excellent, the Lady gyms beat Penn State! You go Ladies! Go RU! And Field Hockey beat MSU. Play again today.

So a couple of things. Every year we do seem to struggle to score goals and when it comes back to bite us like it normally does against good teams, it does get a little frustrating given the highly regarded talent that is supposedly brought in every year. To have lost and tied games early this year against sides that we were supposed to beat and to not score against Maryland suggests the offensive struggles are continuing when the first game against Penn State suggested otherwise.

Given how Mike stacks talent year after year, I am surprised to hear that we are playing so many freshmen. Why is that? Are they just that good? Did we have several women not return for the spring season this year? Injuries? Transfers that did not get publicized? Maybe that would put these performances in better perspective, but we are (or were) ranked and again the scoring challenges are not new.

Couldn't watch the first half due to technical difficulties. Watched the 2nd. We controlled much of the play & had one ring off the cross bar & the Maryland goalie made a couple of good saves. It was a hard fought game.

News Flash. The Maryland girls are not scrubs. They can play soccer. Any team can beat any other team on any given day in this league. A tough league & has been right along. In addition, we started 5 frosh, that's half of our field players, & 3 of the 4 subs off the bench were frosh all playing significant minutes. Maybe you need to temper your expectations.

Stop making excuses. Maryland was giving up 2.2 GPG and we failed - miserably - to score even ONE during regulation or 2 OT's. It was a bad result. That's all. Move and and step up next match.

Stop making excuses. Maryland was giving up 2.2 GPG and we failed - miserably - to score even ONE during regulation or 2 OT's. It was a bad result. That's all. Move and and step up next match.
No excuses here, just a reality check for you Mr Statistics. Try watching a game some time & also finding what's going on in a program. Don't need any lectures from you.

No excuses here, just a reality check for you Mr Statistics. Try watching a game some time & also finding what's going on in a program. Don't need any lectures from you.

FACTS = “REALITY”

Fact is we got held to 0-0 draw vs a BAD team giving up 2.2 GPG (in DOUBLE OT).

This team is better than that and we SHOULD get a better outcome in this matchup. Not sure how anyone can disagree. Pretty sure the staff and team wouldn’t!

FACTS = “REALITY”

Fact is we got held to 0-0 draw vs a BAD team giving up 2.2 GPG (in DOUBLE OT).

This team is better than that and we SHOULD get a better outcome in this matchup. Not sure how anyone can disagree. Pretty sure the staff and team wouldn’t!
Surgery in this household tomorrow. No time for your Know Nothing posts. Suit yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT