ADVERTISEMENT

No. 18 Wrestling Closes Long Road Swing at RV Indiana (Friday), No. 7 Ohio State (Sunday)

If the first three bouts don’t demonstrate the need for a big man coach, don’t know what does. The inability to get a big man coach falls on Goodale.

Anyone know why we haven’t seen Casale? He could redshirt and still compete in 5 bouts or unattached in tournaments.

Wow Janzer has no idea what to do while having a leg in the air. Not even close to getting the takedown.
Billy shooting gets in deep twice in the third and no idea how to finish. I think we know what the coaches need to work on.
I'm pretty sure he knows what to do, but he's had difficulty finishing and now his broken down body makes it even worse.
This is terrific. ODonnell literally fell to his knees with zero resistance. This will end in a pin
Not surprised as I thought he was a sure transfer candidate after last season.
My God Heinselman is ducking.
That just sucks as I wanted to see that much. Coaches continue to kill the sport and drive fans away with this nonsense.

Reactions: KidDagger
If the first three bouts don’t demonstrate the need for a big man coach, don’t know what does. The inability to get a big man coach falls on Goodale.

Anyone know why we haven’t seen Casale? He could redshirt and still compete in 5 bouts or unattached in tournaments.
I could be wrong but I thought it was 5 dates in the first semester

One guy is a freshman, one guy has regressed significantly due to his health, and one guy is a 3rd stringer who is way over his head in the big 10. Don’t think this particular match is indicative of anything other than we need more depth at the upperweights.

Reactions: Leonard23
A win but not exactly the type of performance I was expecting against OSU's backup. 6-4

Reactions: Leonard23
Mendez is completely controlling this match. It's not even close.

There’s a reason he was the consensus #1 overall p4p recruit last year and beat 2x AA Lucas Byrd this year.
Just shows our top guys arent even competitive with OSU’s mid to top tier guys.
Mendez was a pound for pound #1 at one time. Def no slouch.

Agreed

There’s a reason he was the consensus #1 overall p4p recruit last year and beat 2x AA Lucas Byrd this year.
Well, our grad student couldn't get anything going. I get it he's good, but this is what you expected from Heilmann? 1 pt. via being let up?

Nice win by Olivieri. Tons of hard hand fighting by both guys and both in on some scoring opportunities. Wish Olivieri would shoot more as he'd be even better.

I have no unrealistic expectations for the OSU match. No injuries would be great. I see us with small disadvantages at 125, 141, and 184. Winning any number of those three would be nice with Soldano's match being the one I most look forward to.
Well, I didn't see Turley's win coming. I expected 125 to be competitive and glad Peterson came through. Same with Olivieri. I had hoped for better with Soldano. I may overestimate him but have been warning that he would get stuck by the better wrestlers when trying his funk. He needs to be coached out of that. All the others were as expected.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT