ADVERTISEMENT

No. 19 Rutgers Women's Soccer Off to Midwest to Matchup with Nebraska and Wisconsin

The wind seems a big issue in this game. Need to keep the ball on the ground. Having said that, I have been watching for the last few minutes and RU still struggles to string more than a couple of passes together.

The wind seems a big issue in this game. Need to keep the ball on the ground. Having said that, I have been watching for the last few minutes and RU still struggles to string more than a couple of passes together.

Got to half 0-0. Hopefully the wind favors us in the 2nd?

Wisconsin really needs to win this game to get to the Big Ten tourney. I would expect them to press in the second half and possibly OT to score which could lead to counter chances for Rutgers. On the other hand Rutgers has scored 1 goal on the road this season in 4 1/2 games and 4 OT periods. Rutgers is no longer in the hunt for the championship. It is a fight for position in the tourney and possibly to get in the tourney itself. A loss today would put Rutgers in a difficult position against Michigan on the road next week.

Wisconsin really needs to win this game to get to the Big Ten tourney. I would expect them to press in the second half and possibly OT to score which could lead to counter chances for Rutgers. On the other hand Rutgers has scored 1 goal on the road this season in 4 1/2 games and 4 OT periods. Rutgers is no longer in the hunt for the championship. It is a fight for position in the tourney and possibly to get in the tourney itself. A loss today would put Rutgers in a difficult position against Michigan on the road next week.

I thought they just said everyone gets in the tournament?

1-0 Wiscy scores with 2:30 to go. W a DISASTER of a road trip. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if Michigan whoops us and rakes 2nd place.

HIRE A GOD DAMN OFFENSIVE MIBDED ASSISTANT COACH!!!

Woukd NOT be surprised if we’re 1-and-done in the B1G’s AND NCAA. Can’t win if you can’t score..

Reactions: bigmatt718
well another goose egg ... at least we know early that PSU gets another regular season title ...

Yet again, another unacceptable result. But hey atleast we have fine young ladies and a swell staff. 🙄

1-0 Wiscy scores with 2:30 to go. W a DISASTER of a road trip. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if Michigan whoops us and rakes 2nd place.

HIRE A GOD DAMN OFFENSIVE MIBDED ASSISTANT COACH!!!

Woukd NOT be surprised if we’re 1-and-done in the B1G’s AND NCAA. Can’t win if you can’t score..

We've had the same kind of disastrous road trip to the Midwest each year since we joined the conference. But this lack of offense is appalling.

It is hard to believe that we have so much talent yet very often we cannot even score a single goal.

We have talented players, not a talented coaching staff.
watched the game and boy we have no offensive urgency at all this defensive style to play not to lose games as O'Neill plays will ultimately result in losses like it did today as there is no margin of error and as we have seen time and time again with his teams we make one mistake and we lose like we did today; we know the goalie made a bad play but there is no way this or the other games should come to this; the only time we generated any offense is the last 2 minutes after we gave up the goal. We never reverse the field and time and time again we do not push the ball forward but by not reversing the field you are not able to make passes and boy we cannot string more than 2 passes together; You have to really start questioning this coaching staff as we have discussed and I don't want to hear this team has made the NCAA's every year he has been the coach as we know that is great but he just constantly wastes good to great talent and we will never get over the hump as long as he is the coach

Reactions: Scarlettrooper
ADVERTISEMENT