ADVERTISEMENT

No. 21 Rutgers Men’s Soccer vs. Wisconsin (Friday)

BRUTAL start by the men against a Wisconson team that’s really not good (3-2-3 against a weak schedule); down 1-0 going into the half. Ughhhhh. Only ONE shot on goal. Yikes!!!

just when i was thinking the same old ru is a thing of the past and
i realize it's one half of one big ten match,,,,,,it still will take a while to get use to winning. i wasn't expecting to not lose this season ..of course there will be let downs....just tired of seeing things going south every year.

just when i was thinking the same old ru is a thing of the past and
i realize it's one half of one big ten match,,,,,,it still will take a while to get use to winning. i wasn't expecting to not lose this season ..of course there will be let downs....just tired of seeing things going south every year.
This is a game you can’t lose at home like this. I get that our goalie was out but we only took three shots the entire game and there’s no excuse for that. This is a lousy Wisconson side.

Just not a good loss. Team was reading their own press clippings. Takes a year or 2 to develop the senior leadership to ignore the papers/social media when the team is winning.

Was listening on radio

1st goal was on a free kick on the edge of the corner of the 18.
I think the ball was headed in.
I think free kick was result of a yellow card.
Sounded like bad defense.

From the RU website live stats, 2nd goal was off of a turnover at midfield and sounded like a quick counter.

So 2 bad defensive plays did us in

I don't think we looked good at all. The first goal caught us off guard on a free kick and a quick follow which I think was a header. The second goal happened when we had the ball taken away at midfield and a Wisconsin player kicked it about 50 yards and over the head of our goalie and into the net. I have no idea why the goalie was so far out from the net. I was at the game and we just couldn't finish all night long. We often lost the ball as well and at times kicked the ball where none of our players were in the area. I wondered what happened to our goalie who I saw on Monday. Was he sick or injured?

Last edited:
I don't think we looked good at all. The first goal caught us off guard on a free kick and a quick follow which I think was a header. The second goad happened when we had the ball taken away at midfield and a Wisconsin player kicked it about 50 yards and over the head of our goalie and into the net. I have no idea why the goalie was so far out from the net. I was at the game and we just couldn't finish all night long. We often lost the ball as well and at times kicked the ball where none of our players were in the area. I wondered what happened to our goalie who I saw on Monday. Was he sick or injured?
Apparently sick (not COVID).

I don't think we looked good at all. The first goal caught us off guard on a free kick and a quick follow which I think was a header. The second goad happened when we had the ball taken away at midfield and a Wisconsin player kicked it about 50 yards and over the head of our goalie and into the net. I have no idea why the goalie was so far out from the net. I was at the game and we just couldn't finish all night long. We often lost the ball as well and at times kicked the ball where none of our players were in the area. I wondered what happened to our goalie who I saw on Monday. Was he sick or injured?
Yes thought we looked sloppy & lazy with the ball too often.

i just hope like the ladies ,this loss is a wake up call to bring it every game and, try to avoid the social media distractions....it's a tall task in todays twitter world....the next game will be very important in determining how the rest of the season plays out.

We really missed Zalinsky on defense. Wisky was getting through our line all night, and that led to fouls, including the one that led to the first goal off of a set piece.

The backup goalie wasn’t really at fault for the second goal. Isn’t it standard practice for the GK to be way up at the top of the 18 when our team has the ball at midfield? The real culprit is whoever made the lazy pass at midfield that got stolen.

Just a bad game all around.

We really missed Zalinsky on defense. Wisky was getting through our line all night, and that led to fouls, including the one that led to the first goal off of a set piece.

The backup goalie wasn’t really at fault for the second goal. Isn’t it standard practice for the GK to be way up at the top of the 18 when our team has the ball at midfield? The real culprit is whoever made the lazy pass at midfield that got stolen.

Just a bad game all around.
Worse part: we LOST. Didn’t even come CLOSE to drawing. Complete negates the great win over IU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT