ADVERTISEMENT

No. 21 Rutgers Wrestling Opens 2022-23 Dual Season with Clarion at College Ave. Gym, road Saturday to face Sacred Heart and No. 6 Arizona State

Wanted to see some of our guys tested but if that’s what ASU wanna do then let’s knock off their #6 ranking.
Still looks like a tough matchup.
125 Figueroa - #1 P4P recruit
133 Top 10 Wrestler
141 Top 20 Wrestler
149 Top 10 Wrestler

They match up very well against arguably the strongest part of RU lineup.

Still looks like a tough matchup.
125 Figueroa - #1 P4P recruit
133 Top 10 Wrestler
141 Top 20 Wrestler
149 Top 10 Wrestler

They match up very well against arguably the strongest part of RU lineup.

174: Valencia was a top 5 recruit at his weight in HS
184: Montalvo was a NQ at Oklahoma State

They have a lot of depth up and down the lineup due to their great recruiting so even without Norfleet, Schultz, Teemer, and Courtney they are still a tough match up.

If that is the ASU lineup, we win big time.
Not so quick! But dammit, my bout predictions were predicated on them wrestling their starters. 125 may have gotten easier but will still be a battle. I don't think they are ducking, I think they are confident in their back-ups and disrespectful of Rutgers starters. However, it would be a satisfying win.

Not so quick! But dammit, my bout predictions were predicated on them wrestling their starters. 125 may have gotten easier but will still be a battle. I don't think they are ducking, I think they are confident in their back-ups and disrespectful of Rutgers starters. However, it would be a satisfying win.
125 won’t be much easier.. there were questions if the #1p4p recruit could win starting spot from Courtney.. tho Figs might be undersized 125.. this is actually going to be a very tough matchup.. good early litmus test..

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
I'd be severely disappointed if ASU ducks most of their top guys vs us on Saturday.
This is what Zeke Jones does though. Nobody should be surprised.

Colton Schultz waltzed to a 2 seed at the NCAA tournament last season because Jones sat him against top 10 competition.

Reactions: bigmatt718
In all fairness, Rutgers will likely insert back-ups in several matches against Clarion and Sacred Heart. What I find most interesting is the either-or names at 141 and 184. In both cases, redshirt decisions could be eliminated for Olivieri and Poz, respectively.

In all fairness, Rutgers will likely insert back-ups in several matches against Clarion and Sacred Heart. What I find most interesting is the either-or names at 141 and 184. In both cases, redshirt decisions could be eliminated for Olivieri and Poz, respectively.
I highly doubt either of them are wrestling this weekend.

This is what Zeke Jones does though. Nobody should be surprised.

Colton Schultz waltzed to a 2 seed at the NCAA tournament last season because Jones sat him against top 10 competition.
I don’t know what the answer is but something needs to be done about it. The problem is if you take elite guys and lower their seed because of lack of matches, you end up penalizing the higher seeds who now have to face them in the early rounds. It’s so bad for the sport.

Reactions: Reslo
FhTLBoZWAA4bOAW

Whoever ASU throws out is going to be tough. They're one of the top programs in the country, including their RTC

Looks like Soldano draws Clarions best kid, a returning NQ at 197 now down to 184. Good test for him

Reactions: njsportsphan
Pleasantly surprised they have the stream up already. Normally we’re staring at a blue screen until 15 minutes after start time. Thought for sure we were getting a late start in the college Ave gym

No scoreboard or clock graphic is certainly lazy on the production teams part

No scoreboard or clock graphic is certainly lazy on the production teams part
Hope they get that up. Not lazy but we do have some production limitations at the Barn. You'd think they could get that up though.

Reactions: SCNJ
Hope they get that up. Not lazy but we do have some production limitations at the Barn. You'd think they could get that up though.
I feel like worst case you should always be able to get a second camera on the scoreboard and just stream that in the bottom corner of the feed. Football does it on many networks whenever there’s a graphic issue with the game clock or play clock

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT