ADVERTISEMENT

No. 22 Rutgers Wrestling In Tulsa for 2023 NCAA Championships

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Tony White gets Sasso first round as Milner is out with an injury so White moves up to 31

Let's go!
For everyone watching,
All mats on ESPN+
First session on EspnU. 12pm
Rd of 16 - ESPN, 7pm

Fri, quarters - EspnU, 12pm
Semis -ESPN, 8pm

Sat, consi semis & medal matches - ESPNU 11am
Finals - ESPN 7pm

Reactions: LetsGoRUwrestling
Reactions: RU Diesel07110
peterson awarded the takedown then waived off. Challenge brick thrown and they are reviewing. If he is awarded takedown, he wins the match.

call stands and Peterson loses 4-3

Regardless of the outcome, what I don't get is how they can call a takedown and then wave it off 5 - 10 seconds later and not restart from neutral. Once you get the takedown, you are wrestling to maintain control, not to take the wrestler down so it changes the match entirely.

Peterson got hosed on a takedown that was called off and reviewed. I really wish Peterson would be more aggressive on his feet looking for the TD in the 1st period. He needs that to get to the next level.

Regardless of the outcome, what I don't get is how they can call a takedown and then wave it off 5 - 10 seconds later and not restart from neutral. Once you get the takedown, you are wrestling to maintain control, not to take the wrestler down so it changes the match entirely.
Agree but at same time he needed to be more aggressive. He was the more talented wrestler but needed to have constant motion, etc and waited too long.

Reactions: Leonard23
Dean wrestled well for the most part but once again started slow and gave up a TD early after a long scramble. Not sure why most of these guys wait so long to get going... you would think they would have learned this lesson by now.

Peterson got hosed on a takedown that was called off and reviewed. I really wish Peterson would be more aggressive on his feet looking for the TD in the 1st period. He needs that to get to the next level.
This. Should have got the TD but I think he just needs to be more aggressive. He scores.

Similar to heilman. When they are aggressive on their feet they look great.

I agree with this.. waiving it off after all that time is an absolute killer because it compeltely changes your mindset and position

Regardless of the outcome, what I don't get is how they can call a takedown and then wave it off 5 - 10 seconds later and not restart from neutral. Once you get the takedown, you are wrestling to maintain control, not to take the wrestler down
Oddly familiar

Reactions: gogs7
Very underwhelming start so far. More of the same… give up an early TD and then start to wrestle too late to only come up short.

0-2 thus far with the exact same script.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Looking like team is heading for disappointment like the entire season has been. Let's just get to the offseason and hope that the coaching staff can actually recruit talent this year.

Terrific start. 2 guys more talented then their opponents yet they arent ready at the whistle. Same story, different tournament
Seems to be a common occurrence amongst multiple sports at Rutgers. Not being prepared in the post season.

Hobbs needs to have a sports psychology symposium in the off season for all staff and athletes.

Well, got busy and missed the first 2 matches. I think I am happy i missed them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT