ADVERTISEMENT

No. 23 Rutgers Wrestling Hosts No. 14 Northwestern Sunday on BTN

I knew this match could turn ugly.. but it’s the same before n after every match.. over optimism pre and then doom switched get turned where we r surprised, for some reason, we didn’t get a bunch of upsets.

The problem with Rutgers athletics is that most programs were bad for so long that some fans are just happy that the teams are competitive now. Formula for mediocrity. Times have changed and expectations must change with them.

Hello Mr. Hahn? How would you like a big bag of money to come back to NJ and coach in the BIG Ten?
His niece is a former state champ, returning finalist and #1 in her weight class this year. Maybe he wants to visit

All the people that want Goodale gone are the same people who want to know why we couldn’t hire a prolific big man coach. Do you think there’s a long line of highly qualified coaches that are better than Goodale lining up to come here? If not Goodale, then who? Burroughs is the only name that makes any real sense but he also has no experience. Ashnault is still wrestling so he’s not an option.
I’m not saying that there needs to be a change but this comment is absurd. People would be lining up for for this HC job. BIG program, solid academics, top notch facilities, competitive salaries for HC and staff, fully funded, good support from the administration, a great (albeit salty) fan base and located in an amazing recruiting area. All things considered it is a top 10 job, maybe top 5, nationwide for wrestling.

Hello Mr. Hahn? How would you like a big bag of money to come back to NJ and coach in the BIG Ten?
This is exactly wrong. The best thing you can do (outside of donate) is support the teams as best they can. The kids read these boards. The more you support them the better.

Issue is more lack of urgency & conditioning. I get they out ranked us but we had no offense hardly any shots.
DP took a few head on shots, no setup (md is very defensive) didn’t have any urgency until too late. Same with a lot of other guys happy to just hang on and tie up. JO looked gassed forget abt turley he was gassed after his big move ( that did look like kid was flat).
Also looked like we gave up alot of takedowns.

Watched the first 9 matches and it was rather disappointing. Each match had its own story but you can’t win matches if you can’t score. Also thought certain guys were watching the clock and not conditioned to wrestle a full 7 minutes. We used to take pride in our duals performance and now some want to rationalize that is all about March. Not mutually exclusive statements.

This is exactly wrong. The best thing you can do (outside of donate) is support the teams as best they can. The kids read these boards. The more you support them the better.
It’s wrong to want to see a team grow, recruit, improve and compete with the best? Come on dude. Being a fan and a supporter of the team doesn’t mean you have to settle for mediocrity and anyone who questions the Buxton pollard moves over more credentialed D1 coaching is somehow not a good supporter of the program. Stop it

It’s wrong to want to see a team grow, recruit, improve and compete with the best? Come on dude. Being a fan and a supporter of the team doesn’t mean you have to settle for mediocrity and anyone who questions the Buxton pollard moves over more credentialed D1 coaching is somehow not a good supporter of the program. Stop it
I thought Buxton was going to be a big plus. He ran the top high school level team in the country, one that could have competed at the college level. Granted, they recruited and had the best to work with, but they were trained well, and many entered college ready to go and win. I have no idea if he is being used effectively as a volunteer assistant.

I've never seen as many posters questioning the program as I have in this thread. For the past several years, I've been nearly alone in raising the flag and took the heat for doing it. There are more ways to support the team than just praising them. Wanting better for them is one of those ways. There will always be those guys who excuse failures and protect the status quo. It's all about the NCAA tournament, then the battle cry of how good things will be next year. It reminds me of the sign "Free Beer Tomorrow".

Watched the first 9 matches and it was rather disappointing. Each match had its own story but you can’t win matches if you can’t score. Also thought certain guys were watching the clock and not conditioned to wrestle a full 7 minutes. We used to take pride in our duals performance and now some want to rationalize that is all about March. Not mutually exclusive statements.
We all want to win duals. Problem is were heavy under dogs at 157, 165, and 285 without Boone in pretty much every big ten match, and have no idea what we’re getting at 174. We pretty much have to win the other 6 matches to have a chance. Thankfully Janzer seems to be getting back to his old self which is really nice to see, but White is starting to look a little outmatched.

This years team is not a good dual team and likely won’t be a good tournament team either. The hope is next year things start to get back on track. Progress is not linear but we definitely need to turn it back in the right direction within the next 14 months or it might be time for some major changes.

Guys dont listen to him anymore. Zero offense from anyone. This isnt just about today. Its fine. Im willing to take the heat. Im here now and support the program. So far zero to cheer for.

Place is rocking. Lol

Zero takedowns through 4 matches.

Why can NW throw out AA after AA and ranked guy after ranked guy? Better facilities? Better resources? No and No.
So whats the X factor or difference?
I'm with you. This was a bad, bad showing by the team.
I get it but NW is a terrible matchup for us. They are stronger everywhere where we are strong. If we lose to Maryland, we can start to have that conversation.
Let's forget the matchups for a moment. This was about as bad as a performance I have seen from our guys. There was a clear lack of execution, mat awareness, time awareness, conditioning and fundamental ineptness that I felt like vomiting more than Turley did. How many times did we take a half ass shots and literally get pushed over on the re-attack for a takedown? How many guys were sucking wind midway through the match? How many points were given up in the last 10-15 seconds of the period? We were giving takedowns away like it was handouts for Halloween candy. It was like 1/2 the team was out partying the night before and were still hung over. So over matched yes. But we had a lack of a lot of things which led to the ass whooping we deserved yesterday. Only four dates at JMA in front of one of the best fan bases in the nation and that's what we got?
The poster is Sammy Alvarez. I'm just not sure why hes wasting time on this board when he's out in Stillwater trying to make weight at 141.
Is it really? Because he said so? You'd think he would be more interested and vested into his current venture.

I'm with you. This was a bad, bad showing by the team.

Let's forget the matchups for a moment. This was about as bad as a performance I have seen from our guys. There was a clear lack of execution, mat awareness, time awareness, conditioning and fundamental ineptness that I felt like vomiting more than Turley did. How many times did we take a half ass shots and literally get pushed over on the re-attack for a takedown? How many guys were sucking wind midway through the match? How many points were given up in the last 10-15 seconds of the period? We were giving takedowns away like it was handouts for Halloween candy. It was like 1/2 the team was out partying the night before and were still hung over. So over matched yes. But we had a lack of a lot of things which led to the ass whooping we deserved yesterday. Only four dates at JMA in front of one of the best fan bases in the nation and that's what we got?
I must have you mixed up with another with a similar handle - one of the shills like Leonard and SCNJ. Anyway, what to do about it? How does it get solved?
Is it really? Because he said so? You'd think he would be more interested and vested into his current venture.
I do believe it's Sammy. I don't know why someone would want to pretend to be him. Besides, looking at past posts, that poster has been Sammy centric and sounds like a kid with a chip on his shoulder like you might expect from Sammy. I just wish he stops with the nonsense and tells us his side of the story, and especially how and why it will be different at Okie State.

We all want to win duals. Problem is were heavy under dogs at 157, 165, and 285 without Boone in pretty much every big ten match, and have no idea what we’re getting at 174. We pretty much have to win the other 6 matches to have a chance. Thankfully Janzer seems to be getting back to his old self which is really nice to see, but White is starting to look a little outmatched.

This years team is not a good dual team and likely won’t be a good tournament team either. The hope is next year things start to get back on track. Progress is not linear but we definitely need to turn it back in the right direction within the next 14 months or it might be time for some major changes.
I’m liking what we got at 157 over 174 tbh.. Clarks made some nice progress.. Turley.. he can’t close out after being up 6-0 at home.. idk what people are expecting here he’s not the same guy.. White’s been pretty overrated.. sure, he’s a lot better then what he was projected coming out of hs but ppl saw RS rec(did he beat many notables?) and idk what ppl were expecting exactly..id argue we r slightly stronger at 157 then 149 but it’s close.. Janzer has been a nice surprise as of late tho..

Hoping next year gets back on track seems to be the theme last couple years.. overly optimistic preseason, then panic button during season, then we been fortunate to salvage season w/ 2 aa but that might not be the case this year..

I must have you mixed up with another with a similar handle - one of the shills like Leonard and SCNJ. Anyway, what to do about it? How does it get solved?

I do believe it's Sammy. I don't know why someone would want to pretend to be him. Besides, looking at past posts, that poster has been Sammy centric and sounds like a kid with a chip on his shoulder like you might expect from Sammy. I just wish he stops with the nonsense and tells us his side of the story, and especially how and why it will be different at Okie State.
I'm usually a positive kind of guy and I dont think I'm unrealistic with my expectations. What I expect of any wrestler is pretty simple, effort first and smart wrestling second. I was disappointed more often than not on Sunday.

Sammie or whoever will be back. If he wants to tell his side of the story, I'm interested but will doubt its him until proven otherwise. You think Sammie would drop this quote?
"Pat Downey swings for both teams while smoking pot"
I’m liking what we got at 157 over 174 tbh.. Clarks made some nice progress.. Turley.. he can’t close out after being up 6-0 at home.. idk what people are expecting here he’s not the same guy.. White’s been pretty overrated.. sure, he’s a lot better then what he was projected coming out of hs but ppl saw RS rec(did he beat many notables?) and idk what ppl were expecting exactly..id argue we r slightly stronger at 157 then 149 but it’s close.. Janzer has been a nice surprise as of late tho.
Turley got a flat tire in a weird way. What the hell happened? I think he was taken down by a couple gusts of wind the last two times. Anyone in the know wanna chime in? Sick? Injured? I never saw him look like that. Olivieri strangely gassed early. Kannaird good start and wrestled hard but gassed early. Turley, flat tire. Peterson, Heilman good efforts but obviously ran into some quaility wrestlers. I was happy Soldano got the late points and at least got us to clap and cheer. Pleased with Janzer as his effort/focus is what I want to see up and down the lineup

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT