ADVERTISEMENT

No. 25 Rutgers Baseball Wraps Up Regular Season at Michigan

What a way to begin the series:
First and third no out and fail to score.
Back to back dingers by UM to start the game.

Is maize and blue kryptonite?

Still have 26 more innings to go
Avoid a sweep and wrap up 2nd
Get a sweep and co-champs

Michigan is middle of the pack
RU had all the breaks to finish 4th in basketball
You never know

Ugh … MICHIGAN gets swept by UMD and already has clocked 5 HRs tonight and is up 8-5 … RU has the ability to come back, but a loss probably ends the regular season championship dream

First and third no outs … with heart of the lineup (batters 3-5). The result; strike out swinging, strike out looking and a ground out … no runs scored.

Just knew when I saw Michigan had 3 games vs UMD and then 3 versus RU that they’d find a way to screw RU over.

Bottom of 6th … 3 batters, 3 walks … you know what’s coming next.

Was thinking 2-out Grand Slam … but 4th walk of the inning … now trailing 9-5.

Very good job to limit the damage to one-run … RU down 4 and still in it … was expecting much worse.

At least it wasn’t a 25-15 blowout loss like another B1G game tonight, and no one got hurt.

If you told me RU would finish top 4 in the B1G with 40 wins, I would sign up.

RU needs to win 1 of 2 to secure a tie for 2nd. Don’t see Purdue stealing one from UMD, so let’s root for RU to avoid a sweep and secure a tie for 2nd.

Way too many walks and long balls allowed by our pitching staff and too many runners LOB by our hitters.

Soooooo very disappointing.
Pitching was awful last night… a Relief Pitcher came in and got nobody out . Gave a huge HR and our lead was gone for good. The team needs to be better on the mound.

Shocked the whole 3 game series is on B1G Network tv...Don't remember seeing to many series in past..Maybe I just haven't paid enough attention...Looks like were going to finish 2nd but it would of been great if we could of clinched a B1G title on tv...Still have a shot but it doesn't look good

Guys....win 2 and Terps lose 1 we're regular season co-champs. Let's not give up so quickly. Geeze.

Guys....win 2 and Terps lose 1 we're regular season co-champs. Let's not give up so quickly. Geeze.

Agreed. It's baseball.

Maryland's perfect-gamer (from Pascack Hills), who goes tonight, got knocked around a little last week against Michigan. So anything can happen...

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Check out the Thursday Indiana at Iowa game.

Score after three innings: Indiana 13, Iowa 2
Final score: Iowa 30, Indiana 16

!!!

Indiana walked 12, and five HBP. Gave up 30 runs on 23 hits. Brutal.

Agreed. It's baseball.

Maryland's perfect-gamer (from Pascack Hills), who goes tonight, got knocked around a little last week against Michigan. So anything can happen...
Doesn’t really matter when you’re putting up 15-20 runs a game. Maryland is on fire at the right time of the year and the season basically came down to a tough 2 run loss at home.

Good inning for RU … now up 5-1 in the top of the 3rd!!!

Go RU!!!!!!

They're saying the weather will be really bad in Indiana tomorrow. I wonder if the same is true for Michigan. I don't think they can play Sunday (and nobody should; the whole point of moving everything up a day is to prepare for the tournament). Could be a factor for lots of teams...

Just blew a 7-2 lead. Pitching has been exposed, but that Has been no secret.

This pitching staff is shaky at best.. how are they they the second ranked staff in the BIG?

Checked on the game … Michigan becomes the 2019 version vs RU … from 5-1 lead to 7-7 tie.

Purdue put up another good fight losing 18-7. Anyone believe Purdue can actually pull one out?

ADVERTISEMENT