ADVERTISEMENT

Football No. 3 Ohio State defeats Rutgers, 49-10

I think it stayed at 39 for OSU, but not sure as I'm not a bettor.

Now if Rutgers is going to get screwed by the BIG10 even in non conference games, I think Rutgers should petition the league to retroactively give us a full share from the beginning, so they can pay for the privilege!

It is complete garbage, they are giving the latest 2 teams full shares from Day 1, we should get it also. They have screwed us over enough.

Every time that we play OSU are they gonna get to bring the BTN broadcasters AND the refs ?

• Haha
Reactions: TM94goRU
If the game is officiated the same way for both teams Rutgers still loses. However the loss would be by around 24 points not 39. Why can't our games just be called the same way for both teams?

All I ask for is a good faith effort to be consistent!

Reactions: koleszar
Can Kryie Irving come by and sage the locker room? Or something. Let's be done with this week as we move to an actual beatable in-conference opponent.

I think it stayed at 39 for OSU, but not sure as I'm not a bettor.

Now if Rutgers is going to get screwed by the BIG10 even in non conference games, I think Rutgers should petition the league to retroactively give us a full share from the beginning, so they can pay for the privilege!

It is complete garbage, they are giving the latest 2 teams full shares from Day 1, we should get it also. They have screwed us over enough.
Except that it’s exactly the proposal that was laid out to RU and WE chose to accept it. The Big 10 saw an opportunity for a desperate program to join and become a punching bag for the blue bloods while opening up the NY market for the BTN. It was a raw deal no doubt, but we chose to accept it. We made our own bed joining this league, it’s now up to us to compete. We aren’t owned a thing

Reactions: Knight Shift
Except that it’s exactly the proposal that was laid out to RU and WE chose to accept it. The Big 10 saw an opportunity for a desperate program to join and become a punching bag for the blue bloods while opening up the NY market for the BTN. It was a raw deal no doubt, but we chose to accept it. We made our own bed joining this league, it’s now up to us to compete. We aren’t owned a thing
True, my posts about this were heat of the moment, made in jest. That said if the conference can not get officials to be consistent, where ever consistency lies, they should pay for the privilege of screwing Rutgers over.

I'm not asking for the calls, just not a two tiered system. One in which the BIG10 ref's could have cost us the non-conference BC game even. Non-conference.

You bring this to league officials with video evidence, maybe they cut the crap. The only consistency they have is we get the short end of the stick every week. This is with calls made and calls not made.

The $102 million / year that Rutgers will be receiving from the conference in 2023 will - I would imagine - more than make up for it. PLUS, your school is right in the middle of some great HS football - recruiting (NJ). There shouldn't be any excuses. Everything is right in front of Rutgers for the taking

Reactions: Scarlet1984
The $102 million / year that Rutgers will be receiving from the conference in 2023 will - I would imagine - more than make up for it. PLUS, your school is right in the middle of some great HS football - recruiting (NJ). There shouldn't be any excuses. Everything is right in front of Rutgers for the taking
You clearly don't understand the recruiting dynamic in NJ if that's a coherent response in your mind. You're an OSU fan, right? So...never had to witness or experience going from the literal cellar to anywhere else. Be glad you were born on 3rd base, but stop telling Rutgers fans they just need to hit a triple like you did.

Reactions: Kbee3
You clearly don't understand the recruiting dynamic in NJ if that's a coherent response in your mind. You're an OSU fan, right? So...never had to witness or experience going from the literal cellar to anywhere else. Be glad you were born on 3rd base, but stop telling Rutgers fans they just need to hit a triple like you did.
I'm a Northwestern grad but my wife and brother-in-law (who I constantly jaw with) are OSU grads. But I travel all around the other B1G Rivals boards and are pretty familiar with most of the B1G teams.

You're trying to say that I'm trying to compare Rutgers to OSU recruiting situation - WRONG - totally WRONG. What I'm saying is Rutgers has a strong recruiting base compared to the other B1G teams outside of OSU, PSU and maybe both of the Michigan schools - maybe. Compare Rutgers 300 to 400 mile recruiting base - NJ, Maryland, DC, Philly.......etc.....- to teams like Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin and the Indy schools who basically have weak HS football in their states. Sorry, no matter how you try to spin it, there is no comparison. Hell, the whole state of Nebraska only has 1.9 million people and NU usually has to go to California and Texas to get even decent recruits anymore.

One more time - and I'll leave it here - Rutgers has a recruiting advantage-base over most of the B1G schools and it's up to them to start taking advantage of it

Except we're not getting $102 mil. in 2023. More like $45 mil. and won't get a full cut till 2027. Rutgers still has to pay back loans they took out due to the B1G giving them $9mil to $14 mil. a year during the buy in period. UCLA/USC will be getting $102 mil. in 2025 but Rutgers won't be.

Except we're not getting $102 mil. in 2023. More like $45 mil. and won't get a full cut till 2027. Rutgers still has to pay back loans they took out due to the B1G giving them $9mil to $14 mil. a year during the buy in period. UCLA/USC will be getting $102 mil. in 2025 but Rutgers won't be.
Even with repaying your loans, you'll still be getting more money than the other conferences outside of the SEC. It's just a pretty sweet deal being part of the B1G

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Even with repaying your loans, you'll still be getting more money than the other conferences outside of the SEC. It's just a pretty sweet deal being part of the B1G
Except we're not competing with them. We're competing with those in conference who have had more for a long time and are still getting more. Resources are precious, when Athletics gets that money they will be self- sufficient and not need donors to pony up so much to quell the deficit. Yes in this uber rich conference we still run a deficit do to our low payout. They can then subtlety suggest those resources be better spent elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT