ADVERTISEMENT

No. 6 Rutgers Men’s Lacrosse Travels to RV/RV UMass Saturday

Hopkins took care of Navy last night and Duke beat UNC. Right now my Top 6 teams are:

1.) ND
2.) UVA (as long as this score holds)
3.) Duke
4.) RU
5.) Cornell or Maryland (If UVA wins)
6.) Cornell or Maryland (If UVA wins)

1. ND
2. Maryland
3. UVA
4. Cornell
5. Duke
6. RU

Cornell on the basis of their loss being to a higher rated team and today's drubbing of Yale.

1. ND
2. Maryland
3. UVA
4. Cornell
5. Duke
6. RU

Cornell on the basis of their loss being to a higher rated team and today's drubbing of Yale.
I think those rankings are fair. It's clear that they are the 6 best teams in the nation more than halfway through the season and that there is a sizeable gap after RU at 6.

Princeton locked in a defensive battle with Penn. Princeton up 7-6 early in 4th quarter.

Harvard beat a depleted Brown in OT. I was amazed at their dropoff with another great recruiting class. I did some digging and it appears they have a small FOGO problem and a major goalie problem.

Still tied 8-8.

I tell you what, I wouldn’t want any part of this Penn team in the NCAAs. They play FEROCIOUS defense.

It’s a road game, so expecting a loss (sorry but all sports taking a step back except Soccer so far in the completed seasons).

Hope RU can win a game on the road vs an unranked foe. Good at home. Need to see something on the road.
This is why some people should not be allowed to post “in-game”. 🤡

You should self police a little TrackMan

Congrats RU fans! Very solid win. I expected a win. This program is mature and to steal a word from @Caliknight …they are professional. In the last three years this team has shown it can handle themselves. It’s a reflection of its CEO

Doesn’t mean they won’t lose games…but they generally now get beat by good/great performances…vs beating themselves.

Kudus to this team for taking care of business in the OOC…onwards!

The Big Ten is gonna be very tough…buckle up!

Army beating Lehigh is good for RU. How much do metrics matters ie. offense rank, etc…vs straight up wins vs losses when it comes to NCAA bids?

Reactions: bigmatt718
Big win for Maryland and the B1G. Uva has such crazy talent but they play very disconnected on defense and their goalie is very questionable.

Big win for Maryland and the B1G. Uva has such crazy talent but they play very disconnected on defense and their goalie is very questionable.
Yup, goalies were the difference in this game. UVA’s offense is elite. Defense individually is talented but they don’t play great team defense. Goalie is up and down. Maryland goalie played out of his mind, especially as the game went on. Came up with some absolutely ridiculous saves at some critical moments.

I appreciate the talent but it sucks that we will have to face him for the next 4 years. Kid is only going to get better.

Reactions: Caliknight
Any word on Cameron???? Would be a very big loss if he misses any extended time with the BIG schedule starting. Dude is so reliable and consistent.

I don't dislike OSU lax like I do OSU football so I pull for them. I pull for all BIG lax teams...except PSU...they can pound sand haha.

Yup, goalies were the difference in this game. UVA’s offense is elite. Defense individually is talented but they don’t play great team defense. Goalie is up and down. Maryland goalie played out of his mind, especially as the game went on. Came up with some absolutely ridiculous saves at some critical moments.

I appreciate the talent but it sucks that we will have to face him for the next 4 years. Kid is only going to get better.
He’s very good. No doubt. The kid sitting on our bench wasn’t thought to be far behind him. He’s going to be good too. Almost won the job outright this year.

He’s very good. No doubt. The kid sitting on our bench wasn’t thought to be far behind him. He’s going to be good too. Almost won the job outright this year.
I wonder which Terrapin goalie transfers out next year…

OSU is definitely one of the most disliked teams in our building.

We are likely to see Cameron in a few weeks.
I know 22 is a good finisher but we are missing Cameron’s size and ability to initiate. Do you see one of the freshman (8 or 9) getting some extended run while Cameron is out?

I know 22 is a good finisher but we are missing Cameron’s size and ability to initiate. Do you see one of the freshman (8 or 9) getting some extended run while Cameron is out?
I hate missing Camerons size specifically against that OSU defense.

Reactions: Caliknight
He was really connecting with the other attack guys as well as the middies, Knobloch specifically. You could see the chemistry they have now. To be what we can, we need him back healthy. Let's hope that happens sooner rather than later.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
Hmm, I didn’t remember that Logan McNaney was in his last year. So I guess he only will have one year left, assuming he does medical redshirt. Who knows what will happen.

I think he is junior with another 2 years left. depending on the redshirt. Could be 3. Will be interesting to see what happens there.

Ruppel isn't likely to want to sit for an extra year and neither is LM with all the success that he has had. You have another high profile kid coming in the 24 class so it will be an interesting watch. Ruppel probably understood he was likely to sit for 2 years coming in but not three. Your coach isn't afraid to switch goalies though. LM played as a freshman over a senior.

Maryland's recruiting is at that highest of elite levels now. No guarantee of playing there no matter what your high accolades.

He was really connecting with the other attack guys as well as the middies, Knobloch specifically. You could see the chemistry they have now. To be what we can, we need him back healthy. Let's hope that happens sooner rather than later.
Any idea what the injury is and how long Cameron is expected to be out? (Understand if you prefer to keep this info under wraps, however).

I know but would rather not say. That should come from the dept itself if they choose. Or him.

I'll just say barring a set back we should see him again. These things are always tricky though.

Reactions: Degaz-RU
I know but would rather not say. That should come from the dept itself if they choose. Or him.

I'll just say barring a set back we should see him again. These things are always tricky though.
Ugh this sounds like an awful prognosis given that Cameron was tied for the team lead in goals (20) and was the points leader (29) going into the UMass game. I know Ross Scott draws so much attention and it benefits everyone else but this is a major loss going into BIG play.

Ugh this sounds like an awful prognosis given that Cameron was tied for the team lead in goals (20) and was the points leader (29) going into the UMass game. I know Ross Scott draws so much attention and it benefits everyone else but this is a major loss going into BIG play.
Dang. That blows. Hope he gets back sooner rather than later, at least…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT