ADVERTISEMENT

No. 6 Rutgers Men's Lacrosse Heads to Big Ten Tournament / Thursday 7:30 on BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
AC and Mullins are entering some rarified RU record book air. I know those kids just want to win, but you can't help but take notice of all the work they have done.

"Adam Charalambides enters the tournament with 140 career goals and 190 career assists. He needs one goal to tie for third most all-time in Rutgers history and four to tie for second. He is currently 10th in program history in points and can move into sixth place with seven more points.

Kieran Mullins needs two assists for 100 for his career. He would become the first player in Rutgers history to reach 100 goals and 100 assists in their career. He is eighth all-time at RU in both goals and assists and is on the verge of climbing up both of those rankings."

Mullins especially. 100 goals and 100 assists is crazy numbers. We've been playing lacrosse for over 100 years. We've had scores of All American's. We've never had someone do this. What a feat.

AC and Mullins are entering some rarified RU record book air. I know those kids just want to win, but you can't help but take notice of all the work they have done.

"Adam Charalambides enters the tournament with 140 career goals and 190 career assists. He needs one goal to tie for third most all-time in Rutgers history and four to tie for second. He is currently 10th in program history in points and can move into sixth place with seven more points.

Kieran Mullins needs two assists for 100 for his career. He would become the first player in Rutgers history to reach 100 goals and 100 assists in their career. He is eighth all-time at RU in both goals and assists and is on the verge of climbing up both of those rankings."

Mullins especially. 100 goals and 100 assists is crazy numbers. We've been playing lacrosse for over 100 years. We've had scores of All American's. We've never had someone do this. What a feat.
Crazy numbers no doubt...fantastic careers for both...

Tomorrow is an opportunity for both to add a very important "team" accomplishment to their resume....an NCAA birth...

So how much do teams change up what they do strategy wise when meeting the same opponent for the second and third time? Seemed like most of the RU games were closer the second time through the conference than the first. Is that the result of know each other's tendencies better after playing the first time?

I am not that knowledgeable about the intricacies of the game to notice how much teams change their sets and rotations from one game to the next. Does it really just come down to who has more talent, how well they play and how badly they want it at this point?

So how much do teams change up what they do strategy wise when meeting the same opponent for the second and third time? Seemed like most of the RU games were closer the second time through the conference than the first. Is that the result of know each other's tendencies better after playing the first time?

I am not that knowledgeable about the intricacies of the game to notice how much teams change their sets and rotations from one game to the next. Does it really just come down to who has more talent, how well they play and how badly they want it at this point?

Familiarity definitely helps lessen gaps. You know the tendencies of teams and what the like to do. At this point it's all about small adjustments. You are who you are. We aren't going to come out slowing the ball down and they aren't going to come out running and gunning, though they have opened things up in the last couple of weeks a little bit I have noticed.

Coach Brecht has a mantra in the program, which as a player, you love to hear. Players make plays. We have guys that make plays. It's going to come down to who makes more.

After we beat Hopkins, I expect the Maryland game to be much closer. As we have seen the second go around in round robin play, almost all of those games were significantly closer.

Tomorrow is going to be game though, make not mistake. Boys are rested and ready to get after it. Bring it on.

Reactions: red sail
Familiarity definitely helps lessen gaps. You know the tendencies of teams and what the like to do. At this point it's all about small adjustments. You are who you are. We aren't going to come out slowing the ball down and they aren't going to come out running and gunning, though they have opened things up in the last couple of weeks a little bit I have noticed.

Coach Brecht has a mantra in the program, which as a player, you love to hear. Players make plays. We have guys that make plays. It's going to come down to who makes more.

After we beat Hopkins, I expect the Maryland game to be much closer. As we have seen the second go around in round robin play, almost all of those games were significantly closer.

Tomorrow is going to be game though, make not mistake. Boys are rested and ready to get after it. Bring it on.
Bring it on! Tomorrow will be a tough game...Hop is loaded with talent...and we're very good too...

Players make plays...exactly...all hands on deck...

These are tough days for me sitting here in my office...just want to get to State College and play this game now...

Every team has guys that are dinged up...all games now are tough...gotta play through the dings and make more plays than the other team...

Buckle up...

Going to be along 24 hours lol. Not sure how parents do it/did it lol.

Team is on the bus and heading up. That's not an easy trip. Gotta like the fact that Hop had to do it twice in less than a week.

Part of me roots for UMD (better shot at making NCAAs) and part of me wants MICH (better chance in the finals)

8-4 UMD at the half ... scored the 8th goal with :03 left in the half

Terps up 11-6 on Michigan in the 3rd. In other games, UDel is upset by Hofstra in the CAA Semis and Denver is showing no mercy to Providence up 7-0 in the 2nd quarter.

Bernhardt is next level. To think he was gone from the program this time last year.

Terps up 11-6 on Michigan in the 3rd. In other games, UDel is upset by Hofstra in the CAA Semis and Denver is showing no mercy to Providence up 7-0 in the 2nd quarter.

Providence would have been 0-10 in the BiG 10. So now that Denver has their berth, I wonder what they will do if Villanova upsets Georgetown and has the chance to win the AQ and potentially get 3 BE teams into the big dance. Villanova loses and they're out.

His last goal was sick...like he is just fooling around out there...

Denver 11-4 after 3. Morill 3-3 so far. And it is a home game for Providence.

I don't need a heart attack tonight. Let's jump out to a big lead and keep our foot on the pedal.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Not the best start ... but lots of game left. Great save to keep it 2-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT