ADVERTISEMENT

No. 6 Rutgers Men's Lacrosse Heads to Big Ten Tournament / Thursday 7:30 on BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
PL typically has an unimpressive overall OOC win %. BE isn’t much better. Both pale in comparison the B1G which since it’s inception has always been 1 or 2

Lehigh has 7 of their 10 wins over:
NJIT- 1-10
2 wins Lafayette- 0-11
2 wins Bucknell- 2-6
2 wins Colgate- 3-7

Joke schedule.

Not one of those PL teams would come close accomplishing what we did in the B1G this year. They’d at best be Hopkins. And I doubt they’d be that.
Why is it called the 'Baltimore Mafia'? Seems like it would be more the 'Tobacco Road Mafia' but I'm fairly new to lacrosse.

Joe P.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
I want Georgetown or Syracuse. I’d rather play Duke in the second round rather than another run at Maryland. I’ve seen enough B1G teams and I’m sure the kids on both squads want to see new blood.

I'd love to see Virginia or Notre Dame in the 2nd round. UNC and Duke deserve their high rankings. UVA and ND belong in the tourney but if they're seeded Top 5 it's because of Quint, Carc and the ESPN circle jerkers enabling the Baltimore Mafia.

I'd love to see Virginia or Notre Dame in the 2nd round. UNC and Duke deserve their high rankings. UVA and ND belong in the tourney but if they're seeded Top 5 it's because of Quint, Carc and the ESPN circle jerkers enabling the Baltimore Mafia.
Agreed. No objection on my end as far as Duke and UNC getting high seeds, but UVA/ND/Cuse have no business being seeded high.

Why is it called the 'Baltimore Mafia'? Seems like it would be more the 'Tobacco Road Mafia' but I'm fairly new to lacrosse.

Joe P.
Everything is centralized around Baltimore. Often the committee members have deep ties to people there or are the people. The HOF is based there as is US lacrosse. All of the acc teams outside of Syracuse have very close ties to the area due to current or past coaches and the fact they recruit they area extensively and have for decades.

Make no mistake, there are often people on that committee who are friends with the coaches of teams they are evaluating.

Rutgers and the B1G in general need to do a better job of infiltrating the power structures of lacrosse, and obviously the tournament committee itself.

Take the chair of the committee itself. Towson St AD. You think the bias potential exists for say, Loyola? I can tell you Richie Meade in the past had an obvious bias. He was a catalyst in Rutgers not getting in the year we beat Hopkins twice and made the B1G tourney finals.

Everything is centralized around Baltimore. Often the committee members have deep ties to people there or are the people. The HOF is based there as is US lacrosse. All of the acc teams outside of Syracuse have very close ties to the area due to current or past coaches and the fact they recruit they area extensively and have for decades.

Make no mistake, there are often people on that committee who are friends with the coaches of teams they are evaluating.

Rutgers and the B1G in general need to do a better job of infiltrating the power structures of lacrosse, and obviously the tournament committee itself.

Take the chair of the committee itself. Towson St AD. You think the bias potential exists for say, Loyola? I can tell you Richie Meade in the past had an obvious bias. He was a catalyst in Rutgers not getting in the year we beat Hopkins twice and made the B1G tourney finals.
Thanks for the explanation. I saw the ACC bias but didn't quite get what the Baltimore connection was...and now that its spelled out I'm shocked but not surprised this hasn't ever been challenged in some way (NCAA probably doesn't care enough to do so).

My son is playing junior lacrosse this year and we get the US Lax magazine; it already pissed me off because it's basically ACC Lacrosse magazine (and now I know why).

Joe P.

Thanks for the explanation. I saw the ACC bias but didn't quite get what the Baltimore connection was...and now that its spelled out I'm shocked but not surprised this hasn't ever been challenged in some way (NCAA probably doesn't care enough to do so).

My son is playing junior lacrosse this year and we get the US Lax magazine; it already pissed me off because it's basically ACC Lacrosse magazine (and now I know why).

Joe P.

You also have to remember that before joining the Big 10 Hopkins was considered a Southern team and allied with the then non-Syracuse ACC. The seedings have long had a bias towards getting a Southern team into the NCAA finals. It was most blatant in the late 90's with the Princeton-Syracuse semi-finals (played at Rutgers), but Cornell and (farther back, Army) paid the price at various times.

Reactions: JoeRU0304

Joe P.
Yea, think of the acc and Baltimore one and the same. Throw in the fact that the acc is and ESPN property and a number of Syracuse people are in the lacrosse media themselves, it’s the trifecta of don’t worry, we got you covered at every level.

Yea, think of the acc and Baltimore one and the same. Throw in the fact that the acc is and ESPN property and a number of Syracuse people are in the lacrosse media themselves, it’s the trifecta of don’t worry, we got you covered at every level.
The first issue we got last month was when we went on that 5-0 run where we had clobbered Ohio State, Michigan and PSU all by nearly identical scores (22-10) and we pretty much got a quarter-page blurb...cuse was the centerpiece article.

Joe P.

Reactions: Caliknight
We went 8-2 in the regular season against the B1G. Find me a patriot league team that’s gonna do that. I rest my case
There aren’t any. Sadly you aren’t on the committee. It’s laughable it’s even being sweated.

Eye test alone R is a top 6 seed.

Reactions: biazza38

The first issue we got last month was when we went on that 5-0 run where we had clobbered Ohio State, Michigan and PSU all by nearly identical scores (22-10) and we pretty much got a quarter-page blurb...cuse was the centerpiece article.
When my boys were younger we got the magazine too.

So I know exactly what you mean.

Joe P.

And that wingnut Syracuse grad Jastemski, who I don't think ever played the game but gave Syracuse a 1st place vote in the weekly polls after they had lost 2 (1 to Army) while Duke, UNC, Maryland and Rutgers were undefeated is another example.

There aren’t any. Sadly you aren’t on the committee. It’s laughable it’s even being sweated.

Eye test alone R is a top 6 seed.
I still think two big ten teams (Rutgers and Maryland) and two Patriot league teams (Lehigh and one of Loyola and Army).

No ivy league teams this year open up some slots for less great teams which is why the Patriot league gets two. I think Loyola gets in as they just beat army and have been the better team lately, but that could be the greyhound in me talking.

I still think two big ten teams (Rutgers and Maryland) and two Patriot league teams (Lehigh and one of Loyola and Army).

No ivy league teams this year open up some slots for less great teams which is why the Patriot league gets two. I think Loyola gets in as they just beat army and have been the better team lately, but that could be the greyhound in me talking.

Unfortunately I think they will be a Covid casualty.

I've got a pretty good feel as I've seen a lot of live Rutgers games and I've also watched a lot of live PL this year...

I was at Army v Loyola Friday night...that in my mind was or should have been an elimination game for those teams...Army look sloppy and poor on offense...Loyola is peaking...but they also have bad losses to Towson and I consider Navy a bad loss...Hop based on eye test is way better than Navy...it's not even close

The PL should get 2
The Big Ten should get 2

This is the year you go on eye test and this is the year if ever you try to distribute bids evenly to let the couple top teams in each conference battle it out

We shall see

Unfortunately I think they will be a Covid casualty.
Could be. Supposedly a false positive and if I'm on the committee and unbiased I treat the Patriot League final as a loss for loyola and determine if they get in even had they lost to Lehigh. Will find out soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT