ADVERTISEMENT

No. 6 Seed Rutgers Men's Lacrosse Beats No. 3 Seed Penn in NCAA Quarterfinals

The article mentions:

RU enters with a 14-3 record and advances to the NCAA Quarterfinals for the first time in program history.

Didn't they advance to this same round last year? Maybe this is the first time they have done it in back to back years?

The article mentions:

RU enters with a 14-3 record and advances to the NCAA Quarterfinals for the first time in program history.

Didn't they advance to this same round last year? Maybe this is the first time they have done it in back to back years?

Funny thing is the 1st sentence in the article says heading back for the second straight season.

Rutgers men's lacrosse head coach Brian Brecht previewed the NCAA Quarterfinals matchup with Penn on Big Ten Network

Loved it when he was asked about the game plan for Penn he replied with "coach speak" and said nothing.

Based on the results of the first round, this is a game I expect RU to win.

The opportunity to reach the finals is there with Penn, Cornell and Delaware. Would be great to beat 3 Ivy teams to reach the final. Delaware beat RU when Rutgers was ranked first, which probably kept RU out of the tourney that year.

Hoping Virginia or someone else beats UMD. Notre Dame/ACC is the only team to play them close, and Virginia is the defending champs and from the ACC. Might be the biggest challenge in UMD’s way.

Don’t see RU having a chance vs MD. It’s like RU vs PSU in football. Both always find a way to win versus Rutgers (at least it’s been that way for both the past 40 years).

This is painful. I have a commitment until noon in NJ and then have to attend a Sweet 16 at 230pm near Hofstra. Bad timing.

Please root loud for me. Hoping my commitment somehow gets cancelled and I can attend the game before the party.

I will be listening to game in car.

This is painful. I have a commitment until noon in NJ and then have to attend a Sweet 16 at 230pm near Hofstra. Bad timing.

Please root loud for me. Hoping my commitment somehow gets cancelled and I can attend the game before the party.

I will be listening to game in car.
Can’t you just decommit? We’ll respect your decision.

As a Lacrosse neophyte, I have been listening to podcasts trying to get up to speed. The amount of RU hate/dislike is crazy. Why is that? The worst are the barstool guys at Crease Dive and Nick Ossello and Evan Molloy at the Post Game. But, even the more mainstream takes by Quint, Anish, Carcaterra, etc…all slant negative. I haven’t heard one lacrosse insider advocate for RU. I get it that Brecht isn’t a blue blood lax bro and that the ACC has the SEC West sense of entitlement but there has to be more to it. Anyone have some insights beyond the fact that several of these guys are Syracuse grads?

I expect a game performance tomorrow by what is the best team at RU in years...maybe decades. 14-3

Let’s all just watch the game tomorrow and enjoy where this program has gotten the last 18 months.

Penn is very very good. They can and could beat us. And we can beat them. I expect a dog fight

If you live in the region, you should be at the game tomorrow supporting this program.

For the usual in game posting suspects...watch the game. Don’t react to every negative play. Penn is gonna make things difficult. They’re the 3 seed. We are the 6. Remember that if we get hit with adversity. Step away from your keyboard...you should be at the game anyway...

This team has worked hard. They want to win. But respect them if this goes a different direction. Enjoy where we are at

Hope this isn’t one of my last posts here

I’m looking forward to being in the stands tomorrow watching two elite teams. Hoping for the best

Go RU!!!! Beat Penn!!!!

As a Lacrosse neophyte, I have been listening to podcasts trying to get up to speed. The amount of RU hate/dislike is crazy. Why is that? The worst are the barstool guys at Crease Dive and Nick Ossello and Evan Molloy at the Post Game. But, even the more mainstream takes by Quint, Anish, Carcaterra, etc…all slant negative. I haven’t heard one lacrosse insider advocate for RU. I get it that Brecht isn’t a blue blood lax bro and that the ACC has the SEC West sense of entitlement but there has to be more to it. Anyone have some insights beyond the fact that several of these guys are Syracuse grads?

It goes way back and involves the Baltimore Mafia. "We Showed Baltimore" is a just released book that goes way back to the origins 50 years ago written with a Central New York point of view. Probably need to be a hard core fan to get through that.

Reactions: FoxRU
It goes way back and involves the Baltimore Mafia. "We Showed Baltimore" is a just released book that goes way back to the origins 50 years ago written with a Central New York point of view. Probably need to be a hard core fan to get through that.
That Osello guy fancies himself like Stephen A Smith. He’s a clown. It’s all schtick.

Reactions: William J. Leggett
Print that one out and frame it.
Handles is a handful. But we aren’t going into a fun fight with a knife.

He has not seen a LSM like Rall. Going to be a battle. Part of the strategy is going to be to wear him down. I want to see if some other guys can beat us off the dribble.

I do t believe they can.

Can’t you just decommit? We’ll respect your decision.
Wish I could. I made a promise last week before our game against Harvard and quarterfinal game was scheduled.

Waiting for the NIL money before I would consider decommitting...LOL

At least I was at the Harvard game

Reactions: Degaz-RU
Update: Rain cancelled my morning event so I am off to Hofstra soon.

Bought ticket but need to pay parking at game since parking online is sold out.

Is there a place to park for free? Never been to a Hofstra event.

Looking forward to a fun day....

Last edited:
That Osello guy fancies himself like Stephen A Smith. He’s a clown. It’s all schtick.

But his beginning point, the decision of the 1970 national championship (tournament began in '71) is telling and instructive.

ADVERTISEMENT