ADVERTISEMENT

No. 6 Seed Rutgers Men's Lacrosse Beats No. 3 Seed Penn in NCAA Quarterfinals

on the year, they're both sub .500, so we should have an advantage over either. The Cornell FOGO is killing UD's guy today....though on the year the UD guy is ranked slightly higher.
Again…it’s a 10-7 game…ours was 11-9…FOGO’s are playing very well across the board. Typical at this stage that’s all I’m saying.

It is absolutely astounding how shitty a network ESPN is. Again, instead of doing some post game interviews, recapping this game, showing highlights of yesterday’s games, etc. they are showing a 3 year old puff piece on college football…… mascots! WTF???!

It is absolutely astounding how shitty a network ESPN is. Again, instead of doing some post game interviews, recapping this game, showing highlights of yesterday’s games, etc. they are showing a 3 year old puff piece on college football…… mascots! WTF???!
Couldn’t blow Duke and UNC so no lacrosse

Penn is probably better than both these teams...with that said, if you’re still playing this weekend or next weekend, you are dangerous and can win...Cornell or UD will be game and ready for us...lots of talent.

Our guys will be ready

Really hope it’s cooler. That heat is not good for anyone.

Depth helped Cornell today over UD, with their 2nd offensive midfield getting as much PT as the 1st, and capably handling it. Not surprising for a Big 3 (or perhaps Big 2 this year) conference team. RU had the same advantage over Penn via the portal, and will have it again next Saturday versus Cornell.

Took until the start of this game to decide who I want to win this game. Can’t bring myself to root for any ACC team. Go Terps!
I’m having the same dilemma. My son wants UVA but I just don’t know if I can do it even if it’s an easier path for RU

Jeez. It’s a bloodbath. No sense worrying about Maryland until we face them.
The announcers were saying yesterday was a big day for Jersey and the other announcer said “yeah, Princeton and Butgers”. I played it back 3 times loud. I realize he miss but annoying. Nobody probably caught it anyway.

It's amazing how much better than everyone else Maryland is. This is a Virginia team that is very talented and they are just humiliating them.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
The only other team that plays like Maryland is….. Rutgers. We play very similar styles and we both do it well. The biggest difference is that Maryland shooting is lethal. They hardly ever miss. We create nearly as many opportunities as they do but every shooter they have is deadly accurate.

There are other things too. On offense they rarely let the ball die in their stick like we sometimes do, they almost always have great flow and spacing and they are maybe the only team that is more “positionless” than us. Defensively the biggest difference is they are better on second slides. But their shooting is what sets them apart from every other team and allows them to jump out to and build on big leads so quickly. It’s like nothing I’ve ever seen, especially when combined with how solid they are everywhere else.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
Maryland is freaking absurd. Maybe a pro team can beat them, but no one at the college level can.
Maryland is a pro team. We are a great college team. So are some others.

Maryland is something other than. To beat them would take an effort not seen since the Americans beat the USSR in Lake Placid.

Uva has a great faceoff guy and he got abused.

Worry about them later though.

I’m not saying Cornell game is a lock but we match up well with them.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Maryland is a pro team. We are a great college team. So are some others.

Maryland is something other than. To beat them would take an effort not seen since the Americans beat the USSR in Lake Placid.

Uva has a great faceoff guy and he got abused.

Worry about them later though.

I’m not saying Cornell game is a lock but we match up well with them.

But we both know Notre Dame would beat all of them [/sarcasm].

I asked a question about this during the game but am curious if the board thought the refs should have stopped the game when JFF lost his helmet in play near the goal with Penn in a shooting position.

My ref buddy (neutral fan) thought play should have stopped immediately (like a player playing without a stick) to avoid injury.
This is actually a player safety issue and the fact that he was in the play with his helmet off should have probably killed the play

This is actually a player safety issue and the fact that he was in the play with his helmet off should have probably killed the play
Kid grabbed his helmet and was jumping in front of the shot before it was even on. This team wants it. Win or lose, they are leaving everything they have on the field. It’s all you can ask.

Reactions: Scarlet83
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT