ADVERTISEMENT

No. 7 Rutgers Men's Lacrosse Travels to Penn State Saturday

Faceoffs:
We won 13
Lost 22

37.14% won

That is still a very bothersome stat.

Imagine what the score would have been if we won just 50%, or even slightly better than 50%?

Will we ever get that fixed?

I'm still caught up on 75 shots. I actually think they missed 3 while I was watching the counter. We were closer to 80.

Throwing a huge beatdown on Penn St is just so great. F them.

Like I said in my faceoff post just above, how many MORE shots would we have had with decent faceoff win percentage today?

85 shots?

looks like another NCAA drought might be over (last appearance was in 2004) ... need to go 8-2 in conference and reach the finals

What a crazy world where one unexpected loss counts more than beating 6 ranked teams. Your scenario guarantees a berth and I guess we don't want to take any chances given our history with the committee.

Reactions: Caliknight
Virginia beat UNC today so the polls are going to be "interesting". Maryland is undefeated but will it matter? Lehigh is undefeated but their schedule includes such powers as NJIT. Do they just rank the ACC 1-5, give Syracuse a 1st place vote and rank Maryland 6?

• Haha
Reactions: red sail
How did your scrimmage go? Great to see the kids out and playing
My AD gave us a third scrimmage against a weak team (their AD called begging for one). We were up 10-3 at half time. Pulled a lot of kids to give some time to weaker guys who wont play much. ended up winning 16-8. Your son scrimmaged today right? Hope it went well.

Virginia beat UNC today so the polls are going to be "interesting". Maryland is undefeated but will it matter? Lehigh is undefeated but their schedule includes such powers as NJIT. Do they just rank the ACC 1-5, give Syracuse a 1st place vote and rank Maryland 6?
Acc looks like country club lacrosse. I get they have great athletes and skilled players but I’m sorry. The defense in that game was atrocious.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Great effort today...the last couple days I called on the offense to wake up and man did they....they joined the defense in the fun today....I've actually not watched the game yet, but will watch when I get back home to Michigan tomorrow

Updated Standings:

Maryland 8-0 (#1 team in the country by me)
Rutgers 6-2
Ohio State 4-4
Hopkins 2-6
UM 2-6
PSU 2-6

2 games left...

This team is mature and business like...

I said practices were salty this week...looks like it paid off...

Happy for these young men...lots of work left. Hop played well in a loss vs OSU and Michigan is playing better and has talent...yes, we should win both...but we do need to focus and take care of business...

Go 8-2 and we're in the NCAA no matter what happens in the B1G Tourney....go 8-2 and the big ten event is simply about getting the best seed possible or catching lightning in a bottle vs Maryland...

Really great performance today

Congrats to the team

Looked like it with that rip!
88 might be one of the most improved players on this team...just plays really good lacrosse...he's been rock solid and he's kinda flying under the radar....AC, Kirst, Mullins and Knoblach get the headlines and deservedly so...but we got a lot of guys just getting in done this year..."doing their job" so to speak....

Good to see...

My AD gave us a third scrimmage against a weak team (their AD called begging for one). We were up 10-3 at half time. Pulled a lot of kids to give some time to weaker guys who wont play much. ended up winning 16-8. Your son scrimmaged today right? Hope it went well.
Yeah they scrimmaged Ocean City they were pretty good and my sons team was down a couple of starters ( who isn’t). It was 11-2 after three quarters. The kid from our team committed to Rutgers had 3-1 and basically took his kid to the goal whenever he wanted. Could have had 5 or 6 if he wanted.

Reactions: gef21
88 might be one of the most improved players on this team...just plays really good lacrosse...he's been rock solid and he's kinda flying under the radar....AC, Kirst, Mullins and Knoblach get the headlines and deservedly so...but we got a lot of guys just getting in done this year..."doing their job" so to speak....

Good to see...
Kid is such a hard worker and a great person. You could see the evolution of their offense and the return of the NASCAR transition yesterday. D-miss played great and there were a few tweeks to the offense that allowed for more open looks and the offense looked more in sync
I think that it helps that 4 looks to be getting healthier, and they have appeared to move 1 around a bit to allow him more dodging opportunities from the top.

Yeah they scrimmaged Ocean City they were pretty good and my sons team was down a couple of starters ( who isn’t). It was 11-2 after three quarters. The kid from our team committed to Rutgers had 3-1 and basically took his kid to the goal whenever he wanted. Could have had 5 or 6 if he wanted.
Glad to hear it went well. This season is going to be a roller coaster. I just hope everyone stays healthy across the board. Teams could look very different from week to week depending on covid and wrestlers. See you in a few weeks.

Seems to me the top 6 should be:
UMD #1, ND #2, Duke #3 then UNC, UVA, Denver in any order.
Next 5...RU, Gtown, Lehigh, Syracuse, Army in practically any order.
Ohio St. should move up to #12 which should theoretically put them on the bubble-in for an at large bid.

Ohio St. should move up to #12 which should theoretically put them on the bubble-in for an at large bid.

Reasonable, but I'd make a few changes. Denver and RU both only have losses (well Denver to UNC, so not exactly) to those Top 3 teams, so I think both should be included in that 2nd tier of 4-7. And while I agree with your ranking of Syracuse, I'll bet the Baltimore Mafia has them in the Top 5.

I saw Army live yesterday....they're an excellent team...athletic, physical and skilled...they blew the doors off Syracuse

I think Georgetown is the last on that list...

Agree with everything your saying here

Who has Denver beaten? I am not buying Denver as a team as their faults will come out against more complete teams

Reactions: Caliknight
Now that TD and the Yale kids have settled in they are as dangerous as anyone. Tierney (sp?) is still a top tier coach.

Glad to hear it went well. This season is going to be a roller coaster. I just hope everyone stays healthy across the board. Teams could look very different from week to week depending on covid and wrestlers. See you in a few weeks.

Has the HS lax season not started in NJ? In OH is been going strong for several weeks.

season started April 1 game start April 19. @gef21 should have a very strong team with a chance to go far in the states
Appreciate the compliment. One day and one game at a time. Got to stay healthy and play through the meat grinder that is the Skyland Conference. It is nice to see the kids bought in. Pushed a lot of kids out of the program those first two years who did not want to buy in. Hopefully pays off this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT