ADVERTISEMENT

No. 8 Kansas romps to 84-62 victory over No. 14 Indiana

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Indiana (8-3) played most of the way without second-leading scorer Xavier Johnson, who hurt his right ankle less than 10 minutes into the game. The senior guard, who’d been averaging 10.9 points and 5.2 assists, was hurt scrambling for a loose ball. He returned on crutches wearing a walking boot to watch the second half from the bench.

The Big Ten lacks elite players this season .Poor shooting at home games has resulted in unexpected losses.

That was not an unexpected loss.Xavier Johnson left with an injury in the first half, and that must have contributed to the final margin. But it's not a shock for Indiana to fall at Kansas (or for anyone to lose there, really).

Side note on the game: Dickie V was on the broadcast and the entire Allen Fieldhouse gave him a big standing O during a timeout. Wouldn’t it be special if there was an ESPN game at JMA/RAC and Dickie was here on the call? I think the crowd would raise the roof.

Side note on the game: Dickie V was on the broadcast and the entire Allen Fieldhouse gave him a big standing O during a timeout. Wouldn’t it be special if there was an ESPN game at JMA/RAC and Dickie was here on the call? I think the crowd would raise the roof.
That would be fun and a nice tribute. He was a very good dude to me when I reached out as a student reporter for his input on a story.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT