ADVERTISEMENT

No. 8 Rutgers Men's Lacrosse Welcomes No. 14 Ohio State Saturday @ 5pm On BTN

I am sure the memory of the beatdown in Columbus will result in the Buckeyes being extra motivated to perform better this time around. We are going to face some desperate teams in the final four. Need to take care of business especially at home.

This is the biggest game of the year. OSU is playing better than they did when we played them at OSU. And so are we.

Reactions: gef21
An admitted OT, but did anyone else watch the Duke - UNC overtime game last night? Goalies en fuego and one hell of a game.

There is a level of lacrosse being played this year that is probably an 1 time thing given the grad transfers, Ivy transfers and the extra year of eligibility, that will probably be looked o as unique. There are about 8 or 9 teams, RU included, that would be no-brainer Final 4 teams in a regular year. And 3 of those, Maryland, Duke and UNC, are special.

Reactions: rufamily
An admitted OT, but did anyone else watch the Duke - UNC overtime game last night? Goalies en fuego and one hell of a game.

There is a level of lacrosse being played this year that is probably an 1 time thing given the grad transfers, Ivy transfers and the extra year of eligibility, that will probably be looked o as unique. There are about 8 or 9 teams, RU included, that would be no-brainer Final 4 teams in a regular year. And 3 of those, Maryland, Duke and UNC, are special.
Yea, just so many great players making great plays. I’d love to play one of those two teams in the tournament to see how we stack up.

While both great teams, there are some chinks in the armor. Crazy talent levels across the board though.

It will be interesting to see how those Ivy teams rebound next year. Losing players and not playing for a year and a half is a huge hill to climb.

Yea, just so many great players making great plays. I’d love to play one of those two teams in the tournament to see how we stack up.

While both great teams, there are some chinks in the armor. Crazy talent levels across the board though.

It will be interesting to see how those Ivy teams rebound next year. Losing players and not playing for a year and a half is a huge hill to climb.
Not to mention the ACC and B1G schools will negatively recruit the crap out of the Ivy and there may be mass defections in the portal as well.

Reactions: Caliknight

That was a fun game last night but, I really think that UNC showed RU the way to beat UMD. Carolina shutting off Sowers allowed them to change the matchup at attack in a way that favored them and kept them in the game. Carolina being allowed to move their top pole to O'Neill absolutely favored Carolina. What has me questioning was their choice to put a short stick on Robertson who killed them for 7 points. without this I would think that Duke is 4-5 goals better than UNC.

I think this also showed that UMD is the most complete team in the country as there defense is elite and their offense is as good as all of the top teams.

If we see UMD again I think we need to have a look that shuts Bernhardt off even if we do it with a pole and switch the matchup to allow our defense to gain an advantage. I am not sure that UMD has another player that is as scary as Berndardt and if we limit his touches we can mess up their offense and limit there top player. I do not think that either Carolina or Duke has the defensive depth to stop our attack once they are healthy

Reactions: Caliknight
That was a fun game last night but, I really think that UNC showed RU the way to beat UMD. Carolina shutting off Sowers allowed them to change the matchup at attack in a way that favored them and kept them in the game. Carolina being allowed to move their top pole to O'Neill absolutely favored Carolina. What has me questioning was their choice to put a short stick on Robertson who killed them for 7 points. without this I would think that Duke is 4-5 goals better than UNC.

I think this also showed that UMD is the most complete team in the country as there defense is elite and their offense is as good as all of the top teams.

If we see UMD again I think we need to have a look that shuts Bernhardt off even if we do it with a pole and switch the matchup to allow our defense to gain an advantage. I am not sure that UMD has another player that is as scary as Berndardt and if we limit his touches we can mess up their offense and limit there top player. I do not think that either Carolina or Duke has the defensive depth to stop our attack once they are healthy
Thought the exact same thing. I’d like to see us do a little of that Sat. I also think we need to see more of Connor either coming out of the box or working from up top. While we want him on the field as much as possible, he is most comfortable from up top. Let’s get him there as much as possible.

Macri was quick enough to make the clamp on Sowers work. Not sure how many more are out there who can do that.

Macri was quick enough to make the clamp on Sowers work. Not sure how many more are out there who can do that.

I'd like to see Jean Felix shut off Bernhardt rather than try to stop him after he gets the ball.

I'd like to see Jean Felix shut off Bernhardt rather than try to stop him after he gets the ball.

That would be interesting. Bernhardt isn't quick as Sowers but he's more powerful. Jean Felix might be able to pull it off. Than the challenge would be Wisnauskas.

A clamp and a 5 man zone?
Playing 5 man is one way to do it and it allows us to change the match up alot but UNC simply played a heavy look on Sowers. Bernhardt is not as quick as Sowers so you could probably get away with playing Russo or Bullitt against him. Russo has done a very good job on Wisneskhaus
Whatever we do we need to change the match up. but we have to get this win today before we look ahead. OSU is a very dangerous team that is probably very focused after the thrashing they took from us at home.

How strict are they with the no tailgating rule? Debating going to the game, and even if I have to sit in my car I'd like to drink a few beers before going in.

Whatever we do we need to change the match up. but we have to get this win today before we look ahead. OSU is a very dangerous team that is probably very focused after the thrashing they took from us at home.

+1. Have to stop Tre Leclaire first.

How strict are they with the no tailgating rule? Debating going to the game, and even if I have to sit in my car I'd like to drink a few beers before going in.

I’d love to see someone try to stop you from sitting in your car in the parking lot having a couple beers.

Notre Dame up on Syracuse 11-8 at the half. Syracuse has a serious FOGO problem, and they're going deep into the bench to try to solve it.

Notre Dame up on Syracuse 11-8 at the half. Syracuse has a serious FOGO problem, and they're going deep into the bench to try to solve it.
Yup. Syracuse was up 6-2 then ND just exploded. I believe they scored 9 goals in the 2nd quarter.

Does RU dominate again, or will it be another RU fast start and fade down the stretch?

Huge save by Kirst during the OSU extra man opportunity

Need more of that from Kirst. Get a step, fire. No hesitation.

Nice 3 goal run ... when RU is playing in the B1G against teams not named Maryland, they have a very good scoring percentage and look like B1G champions! Shows how good UMD’s defense is.

Strong start at goal and FOs hanging in there. That's a formula for a win if it keeps up.

ADVERTISEMENT