ADVERTISEMENT

No. 8 Rutgers Men's Lacrosse Welcomes No. 14 Ohio State Saturday @ 5pm On BTN

I was at the Loyola v Navy game today in Annapolis...I only stayed for a quarter...They had a great crowd...

I raced up to NJ to see the last three quarters of our game...it was another great crowd...

Great weather and a great crowd...but it should be better

Two weeks for now is a 5pm start v Hopkins...senior day...the crowd should double today's...people need to show up in two weeks and support these guys...

So good to see some people at games...

What a day for you!! Everyone should have a few like that.

I was at the Loyola v Navy game today in Annapolis...I only stayed for a quarter...They had a great crowd...

I raced up to NJ to see the last three quarters of our game...it was another great crowd...

Two weeks for now is a 5pm start v Hopkins...senior day...the crowd should double today's...people need to show up in two weeks and support these guys...

Congrats to you and your boys today. Tough to pick which son’s game to go to! Glad you got to some of both.

Congrats to you and your boys today. Tough to pick which son’s game to go to! Glad you got to some of both.
Thx I don't do anything...I just travel and watch...almost had a heart attack in the last 90 seconds of our game tonight...I'm getting too old to have that stress 😬

Happy for the team...all the teams in this conference have a lot of talent...none of these games are gimmies...

Updated big ten standings through Today's games:

Maryland 7-0
Rutgers 5-2
OSU 3-4
Hopkins 2-4
PSU 2-5
UM 1-5

When you look at the standings...it sinks in and you get clarity on two things

1 - Today was a huge win for RU
2 - OSU was a tough and desperate team today...and they played like a team that needed to win...and we held on

Plus we're now two games up on OSU and we hold the tie break...beating then twice...

PSU on the clock

Credit to OSU. They forced us to play their game. Shows the talent of this team though to be able to pull out the win playing opposite of our preferred style.
OSU is a good team...they have lots of high end talent....

They knew what was at stake today...and they played like it...tough, stingy, desperate...they were backed into a corner...we held them off...

Thx I don't do anything...I just travel and watch...almost had a heart attack in the last 90 seconds of our game tonight...I'm getting too old to have that stress 😬

Happy for the team...all the teams in this conference have a lot of talent...none of these games are gimmies...

Updated big ten standings through Today's games:

Maryland 7-0
Rutgers 5-2
OSU 3-4
Hopkins 2-4
PSU 2-5
UM 1-5

When you look at the standings...it sinks in and you get clarity on two things

1 - Today was a huge win for RU
2 - OSU was a tough and desperate team today...and they played like a team that needed to win...and we held on

Plus we're now two games up on OSU and we hold the tie break...beating then twice...

PSU on the clock
Ohio St still has to go to Maryland also. Today was a massive win.

I would have gone but we had a later practice and my wife would have killed me if I was gone all day. My 4 year old and I watched the game on tv. Maybe we'll come up for the next one.

Spent all afternoon and into the evening lining fields for our rec league opener. Does anyone know where or when I can watch the win?

Beat PSU and practically lock up #2 seed and bye in Big tourney. anyone know the schedule for tourney? are the 1st round games mid week followed by semis on the weekend?

Last edited:
Reactions: herdof3
Kirst was great...our defense was incredible today....the amount of pressure on guys like Franco and Kamish late in that game and more often than not, they won their battles with very talented OSU players...the rope unit was fantastic again, the close defense was rock solid...and again, Kirst was great...

Our defense played the entire second half under constant pressure...

Great win...every big ten team has elite talent...no win is a given

Some people here don't get that

Cheers

It was a good day
Same in soccer re: elite talent & no win being a given. As you said some folks don't get that.

Reactions: Golfer2019
Wish I could have went. You can really see our athletes in the middle of the field. Francowiak today looked especially fast. He was like a one man fast break a couple of times.
He was displaying wide receiver speed...jumped off the screen to me too.

Reactions: Caliknight
If we lock up the number two seed, I’d rest a number of guys the last game. Specifically the whole attack.

A loss might make the first round tournament game a must win given the committee.

That said I'd certainly consider resting AC and Mullins if he was still under 100%. Circumstances at that point would be key.

If we lock up the number two seed, I’d rest a number of guys the last game. Specifically the whole attack.
Mullins at the very least. It changes the entire offense when he is healthy. His game is so underrated IMO. He’s an elite feeder who can also create his own shot and finish. That’s pretty rare and makes it so much harder to contain AC and Kirst.

Mullins at the very least. It changes the entire offense when he is healthy. His game is so underrated IMO. He’s an elite feeder who can also create his own shot and finish. That’s pretty rare and makes it so much harder to contain AC and Kirst.
Agreed. Kirst doesn’t look overly healthy either. And AC is someone we need to keep healthy. We also need to start getting some of the younger attack guys more experience. Not looking too forward but Ross Scott is someone who should get an extended look. That kid is very athletic.

To be all we can be we need Mullins healthy though. That goal celebration was all time.

Agreed. Kirst doesn’t look overly healthy either. And AC is someone we need to keep healthy. We also need to start getting some of the younger attack guys more experience. Not looking too forward but Ross Scott is someone who should get an extended look. That kid is very athletic.

To be all we can be we need Mullins healthy though. That goal celebration was all time.
Was wondering about Kirst. He has seemed hesitant lately. When he makes up his mind to go, gets his hands free and rips, he is nearly unstoppable. I noticed he has been dishing more and seems less confident and a bit out of sync on some of his shots. His first goal yesterday was classic Kirst — blew past his man in 2 steps and unleashed a cannon. He has a couple of other shots that seemed almost forced. Very uncharacteristic.

I agree though, this schedule is a grind. Would be great to get some guys rested before the BTT. I would like to see us sweep the rest of the schedule though. That would be a real statement. PSU is going to be a bother though one, so one day at time I guess.

Was wondering about Kirst. He has seemed hesitant lately. When he makes up his mind to go, gets his hands free and rips, he is nearly unstoppable. I noticed he has been dishing more and seems less confident and a bit out of sync on some of his shots. His first goal yesterday was classic Kirst — blew past his man in 2 steps and unleashed a cannon. He has a couple of other shots that seemed almost forced. Very uncharacteristic.

I agree though, this schedule is a grind. Would be great to get some guys rested before the BTT. I would like to see us sweep the rest of the schedule though. That would be a real statement. PSU is going to be a bother though one, so one day at time I guess.
I don’t think many really understand this part.

Hopkins in serious danger of losing to Michigan. We would have a commanding lead in 2nd place if that happens.

They lost. That makes Penn St even more important. The last team with a prayer to deny RU a 1st rd. bye. And win 1 of the last 2 for a 7-3 record would just about guarantee a spot in the Big Dance. "Just about" because you're still dealing with the Baltimore Mafia and a Maryland loss in the Big 10 Tournament to anyone but Rutgers would scramble things up.

I would have gone but we had a later practice and my wife would have killed me if I was gone all day. My 4 year old and I watched the game on tv. Maybe we'll come up for the next one.
When you have kids under five, you get many exemptions from lots of stuff 😏

Reactions: gef21
you trust the NCAA committee? I think we need as many wins as possible.
No I don't trust them....people are already politicing against the big ten because we didn't schedule outside the conference...acting like all those ACC wins vs the SOCON carry all this value...

While we are in a good spot, zero time to back off...we have to at a minimum win 2/3, and preferably all 3 for seeding...

Some clowns are ranking Syracuse at 4-3 ahead of Rutgers today...Cuse just got rolled at home by ND...ND had yet to win a game vs a ranked team...

Nothing is safe

And we better fix face offs fast...or we're in trouble...our defense and our goalie saved our ass last night...big time

It will be very tough to win in Happy Valley...need all hands on deck

No I don't trust them....people are already politicing against the big ten because we didn't schedule outside the conference...acting like all those ACC wins vs the SOCON carry all this value...

While we are in a good spot, zero time to back off...we have to at a minimum win 2/3, and preferably all 3 for seeding...

Some clowns are ranking Syracuse at 4-3 ahead of Rutgers today...Cuse just got rolled at home by ND...ND had yet to win a game vs a ranked team...

Nothing is safe

And we better fix face offs fast...or we're in trouble...our defense and our goalie saved our ass last night...big time
RU can go 8-2 and finish 9-3 after a loss to UMD in the finals and I wouldn’t be surprised if RU was left out

RU can go 8-2 and finish 9-3 after a loss to UMD in the finals and I wouldn’t be surprised if RU was left out

Actually that's the one scenario where RU would be a lock. 2nd place in the Big 10 tourney and losses only to Maryland. With no Ivy AQ, the Big 10 WILL get 2 bids, and RU would get one. But the conference will not get three bids, and anything that would put RU in the position of being the third bid is very problematic.

Of course for you, getting left out would be the answer to your prayers. Happy Easter.

Last edited:
Actually that's the one scenario where RU would be a lock. 2nd place in the Big 10 tourney and losses only to Maryland. With no Ivy AQ, the Big 10 WILL get 2 bids, and RU would get one. But the conference will not get three bids, and anything that would put RU in the position of being the third bid is very problematic.

Of course for you, getting left out would be the answer to your prayers. Happy Easter.
Checkmate !

Wow, that is amazing. Games against the High Points, Bellarmines, Robert Morrises and Richmonds of the world are okay to fill the schedules, but certainly nothing for a P5 lacrosse league to hang its proverbial hat on...

Reactions: bigmatt718
Wow, that is amazing. Games against the High Points, Bellarmines, Robert Morrises and Richmonds of the world are okay to fill the schedules, but certainly nothing for a P5 lacrosse league to hang its proverbial hat on...

jackass Chris Jastrzemski votes us #10 behind Lehigh, Army and Syracuse. He stated he doesn’t know how good we are with our best wins against OSU. Claims ACC is best conference and Lehigh beat Army who beat Syracuse. What a

jackass Chris Jastrzemski votes us #10 behind Lehigh, Army and Syracuse. He stated he doesn’t know how good we are with our best wins against OSU. Claims ACC is best conference and Lehigh beat Army who beat Syracuse. What a
That guy is a Cuse CLOWN. Cuse should drop down to 10 or 11 after that beating they took from Notre Dame.

It will be very tough to win in Happy Valley...need all hands on deck
I agree. Fat fingered my comment but meant to say PSU will be a tough out but I think you got my point. I think the boys will be up to the challenge though.

I agree. Fat fingered my comment but meant to say PSU will be a tough out but I think you got my point. I think the boys will be up to the challenge though.
@Caliknight is onto something when he said Hopkins is in trouble in both lax leagues in the B1G. They're getting passed by everyone at this rate and it's only going to get worse unless they start investing in their program. The B1G wants to win Championships in every sport that play in. I don't think it's far fetched to say that Hopkins is potentially the easiest of the 3 regular season games left.

Question is do they clamp O'Keefe? He does not get that cannon off quickly, and doesn't have Ament's superb feeding to open him up.

Question is do they clamp O'Keefe? He does not get that cannon off quickly, and doesn't have Ament's superb feeding to open him up.
O'Keefe is definitely the man RU's defense needs to focus on the most. PSU has clearly taken a couple of steps back without Ament who was unreal but are still very dangerous and like OSU will be looking for revenge after we beat them on Opening Day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT