ADVERTISEMENT

No. 9/10 Rutgers Men's Lacrosse Opens Season Saturday

Great first game in some obviously terrible conditions for lacrosse. We didn't put that much on tape for teams to scheme against and we played a ton of guys.

If Kulas can become another threat carrying this is going to be a nightmare for opposing defenses. You simply can't take away everything.

Always impressed with the teams heart and effort.

That was really fun to watch and thought we looked good on both ends of the field.

To temper things a little I think we need to acknowledge Marist's goalie wasn't seeing the ball really well.

That said we had a lot of nice shots on good looks.

We made some incredible shots. He missed a few but not a lot. 65 shots is a monster effort.

Great to see Sprock out here even if not in mid season form.

Only thing I would have liked to see is more production from the second line midfield grouping.

Palmer is going to have to get more time.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Looking only at the numbers, it looked like Marist was successful clearing. How did the ride look live?

Didn't really see too much of it we were scoring so much. Kids rode hard when given the opportunity. Our D was picking them up at the midfield line.

It also can't be understated how hard it is to play in that weather. You don't feel your hands so simply transition passes are much harder. Considering that, our ball handling was crisp.

Didn't really see too much of it we were scoring so much. Kids rode hard when given the opportunity. Our D was picking them up at the midfield line.

It also can't be understated how hard it is to play in that weather. You don't feel your hands so simply transition passes are much harder. Considering that, our ball handling was crisp.

I remembet the Cornell ride during the tourney and hope it could be replicated.

And though I never dealt with anything this bad, trust me, I know about cold weather lacrosse.

only concern I have, that while we emptied the bench, is that we sat on 19 goals for an awful long time, including 2 emo situations (i think) .... in years past we'd have scored multiple goals in these situations

only concern I have, that while we emptied the bench, is that we sat on 19 goals for an awful long time, including 2 emo situations (i think) .... in years past we'd have scored multiple goals in these situations

We got to 20 and winning by 12 is is the most of any game today. Would have liked to see a few more but on the EMO's that was not our first team. Could have easily had a few more but that was a comfortable a win as you can have at this level. They were never a threat.

Syracuse and Hopkins didn't look very impressive. Hopkins looks somewhat improved from last year simply because they have a few better players.

I'd say Syracuse is all hype but they aren't even in the top 20. Their big time recruit couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Something seems off with that program. Not buying Petro and Gait being able to meld their philosophies together. Gait just stands like there a bystander. Hard to tell who really coaches that team.

Must be a boon for his business though. I see his name plastered all over the place on the team. Solid business move even if he can't get the team back to where it once was.

We should have a significant advantage over Stony Brook in our 2nd game as it'll be their Opening Day on the road and we looked about as sharp as you could for an Opening Day in frigid February.

Reactions: Jimpeg
Agreed. Plus we we did t out a ton on tape given the lopsided score.

We got to 20 and winning by 12 is is the most of any game today. Would have liked to see a few more but on the EMO's that was not our first team. Could have easily had a few more but that was a comfortable a win as you can have at this level. They were never a threat.

Syracuse and Hopkins didn't look very impressive. Hopkins looks somewhat improved from last year simply because they have a few better players.

I'd say Syracuse is all hype but they aren't even in the top 20. Their big time recruit couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Something seems off with that program. Not buying Petro and Gait being able to meld their philosophies together. Gait just stands like there a bystander. Hard to tell who really coaches that team.

Must be a boon for his business though. I see his name plastered all over the place on the team. Solid business move even if he can't get the team back to where it once was.
Yea I said the same thing last year after seeing Cuse play. Petro and Gait are not getting along and Petro seems to be the sideline voice of that program. I don’t see it ending well for that program and I couldn’t be happier.

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
I won’t give too much away but hearing about the program from someone on the team, there definitely seems to be issues.

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
You can see he has a lot of experience. And the two guys behind him are very good too. And we bring in another really highly ranked kid next year.

ADVERTISEMENT