ADVERTISEMENT

No. 9 Rutgers Men's Lacrosse Heads to No. 6 Ohio State Saturday Game Thread

RU should be in the Top 5 on Monday, with Georgetown not too far behind. Break up that ACC monopoly.

Thanks, e5fdny! Yes, I am in the Cherry Hill area. For the time being, I'm not stirring because of Covid-19 (I've had only one shot yet), but I hope that will change soon. I'd really like the names of some programs I could follow.

Schiano, Pikiell -- who else? Can he claim credit for Stringer still being on the job? I know she's been controversial, but she's getting results.
Yes, he can claim some credit for Stringer. She was essentially being treated year to year by Herman. Hobbs structurEd it to allow her to wrap her career here. This reenergized her and allowed her recruiting to pick back up. Overall, Hobbs has done great with coaching hires after starting off rough with Ash. He’s learned.

Updated BigTen rankings according to me:

1 Maryland
2 Rutgers
3 Penn State tie
3 Ohio State
5 Hopkins
6 Michigan

Hopkins beating UMich today

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet83
I know the season is very young, but this team looks like they are primed to go far. Could this be the squad to give Rutgers its first Big Ten title?

I follow from afar and don't really know all of the rules and strategy in the sport. I'll watch on TV when they're on and I'm around... maybe I'll have to make a point to watch their games when they're on the Big Ten network.

The other thing to keep in mind that he has already spent 5 years in college, so it's not like he is leaving early after 3 years or anything like that. Not everyone is interested in a 6th year.
No reason to rush finishing college lol. I'd stay 6 or 7, especially if you have your undergrad degree already and can compete for championships while getting a masters.

Reactions: TRU2RU and RickB113
I know the season is very young, but this team looks like they are primed to go far. Could this be the squad to give Rutgers its first Big Ten title?

I follow from afar and don't really know all of the rules and strategy in the sport. I'll watch on TV when they're on and I'm around... maybe I'll have to make a point to watch their games when they're on the Big Ten network.
I think after today you have to say they are most certainly in the conversation. Maryland looks very good. But so do we. One at a time as they say. This group is very mature. They will continue to get better.

Brecht is loving this. Him and the OSU coach hate each other

Ahhh, that may explain the relentless non-stop attacks in offense & defense until the bitter end. I’m thrilled RU was on the right end of that stick. Well, I hope Coach dislikes the rest of the scheduled teams’ coaches, too. Just keep it up. It’s working! Let’s goooooo!

Go RUMLax!
Diane

Ahhh, that may explain the relentless non-stop attacks in offense & defense until the bitter end. I’m thrilled RU was on the right end of that stick. Well, I hope Coach dislikes the rest of the scheduled teams’ coaches, too. Just keep it up. It’s working! Let’s goooooo!

Go RUMLax!
Diane
Probably a little of that and more just how we play. He did pull the starting attack with 9 minutes left :)

That was some performance. It will be a fun ride home. I may not have this right, but I thought I heard that for spring sports, their free year was last spring since everything was cancelled.

Reactions: Caliknight
That was some performance. It will be a fun ride home. I may not have this right, but I thought I heard that for spring sports, their free year was last spring since everything was cancelled.

Correct.

And eff Maryland.
I have them at one because they’ve had a strong start to the season and I believe they are still undefeated all-time vs RU although some games in recent years have been very close.
I would vote RU at #6 in the overall rankings unless UVA loses to Syracuse tonight...then I would put RU at #5.

I have them at one because they’ve had a strong start to the season and I believe they are still undefeated all-time vs RU although some games in recent years have been very close.
I really, really want to beat those bastards at least once out of the 2 meetings to end the curse that they have on our lax team. We've come so close many times to beating the Terps and just can't finish the job.

Syracue 20 - UVA 10. Syracuse got a excellent game from Curry at attack to balance their midfield. Also probably got around 70% of the faceoffs and physically dominated.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like Rutgers lacrosse is going to be televised this year; maybe the playoffs will be.

The B1G Tournament will be shown on the regular Big 10 Network as opposed to B1G+, which I also don't get. The NCAA Tournament games in May will be ESPN and ESPN2.

Hopefully a few regular season games will be on Big 10 after basketball season.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like Rutgers lacrosse is going to be televised this year; maybe the playoffs will be.
The schedule for the second half of the season hasn't been released yet. You play everyone twice this year. I'll bet a lot of those games will be on BTN. That always happens once they're done with basketball

Syracue 20 - UVA 10. Syracuse got a excellent game from Curry at attack to balance their midfield. Also probably got around 70% of the faceoffs and physically dominated.

Technically speaking, Curry was playing midfield. They were just inverting him.

I really, really want to beat those bastards at least once out of the 2 meetings to end the curse that they have on our lax team. We've come so close many times to beating the Terps and just can't finish the job.
Interesting factoid:
Though Rutgers hasn’t beaten Maryland, Rutgers does have someone in their starting lineup who has won a game against MD. And, it has happened twice.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigmatt718
It was a good trip to Columbus....really nice to watch live lacrosse...in stadium...

I don't think TV did it justice just how badly RU outmanned OSU today. Up and down the field, in all phases, RU overmatched the Buckeyes....this team really has a nice mix...we have some true studs/stars that are finding rhythm...and they are making everyone around them better...

We're buttoned up as a unit (so far) defensively, and we've got athletes in numbers that come at you in waves...we really put a lot of pressure on OSU offensively and in transition

Nice to be 2-0...

Still a long season, but today was a really buttoned up performance from top to bottom...

Cheers

ADVERTISEMENT