ADVERTISEMENT

No RU / Wash at River Rock in Brick

RU Golfer

Senior
Dec 4, 2009
When I was in there last week I asked if they would be showing the game and was told by the bartender yes we have all the games etc...I specifically said it is on Pac 12 did they have it and was told yes.....I decided to call today and confirm this information and was told on the phone that they only have Direct TV and will not have the game.....Just wanted to pass this along, now my hunt for the game in the Brick / Seaside Area continues.

RU Golfer, I posted on a couple of threads but Used to Be's has the Pac-12 Network in Mantoloking. I had the bar manager put on channel 716 so I could see it with my own eyes since I noticed they had Comcast cable boxes.

RU Golfer, I posted on a couple of threads but Used to Be's has the Pac-12 Network in Mantoloking. I had the bar manager put on channel 716 so I could see it with my own eyes since I noticed they had Comcast cable boxes.

Great! I go there every Thursday and and asked one of the lovely young ladies if they had Pac 12 / 716 and they said no. I took it at face value and started looking elsewhere....This is great news!

Thanks for the update. I was strongly considering River Rock but am leaning Vals in Rumson now. Someone mentioned they will have it but Im still skeptical until I see it for myself. I was near there recently and I shoulda stopped in. Dont think Ill be withing 20 minutes of there before kickoff so a phone call may have to suffice

On the fence between Val's in Rumson and Used to Be's. I would like to be sure the game will be on. If anyone confirms that Val's will have it please post.

Of course, Comcast 716 is one of those hideous non HD but stretched to wide screen versions of Pac 12 Network but I guess better than nothing.

When I was in there last week I asked if they would be showing the game and was told by the bartender yes we have all the games etc...I specifically said it is on Pac 12 did they have it and was told yes.....I decided to call today and confirm this information and was told on the phone that they only have Direct TV and will not have the game.....Just wanted to pass this along, now my hunt for the game in the Brick / Seaside Area continues.
How about Buffalo Wild Wings in Brick?

Val's confirmed they'll be streaming. I recommend everyone have a backup in case your primary bar is streaming.

It's probably overkill, but you don't want to be calling places at 2:15 pm on game day if the website gets too much traffic.

Now leaning towards Used to Be's. I'd hate to get there and find out a problem with the stream.

Val's confirmed they'll be streaming. I recommend everyone have a backup in case your primary bar is streaming.

It's probably overkill, but you don't want to be calling places at 2:15 pm on game day if the website gets too much traffic.

Depending on how many we have at Vals, I may have a backup plan. I can have more details Thursday evening.

Reactions: ATIOH
Great! I go there every Thursday and and asked one of the lovely young ladies if they had Pac 12 / 716 and they said no. I took it at face value and started looking elsewhere....This is great news!
If you go there on Thursday, I'd say feel free to double check. Ask them to put on channel 716. Maybe they have some TVs with directv and others with Comcast but the TV they put on for me was Comcast and they had Pac12 Network, not HD but anything is better then nothing.

If you go there on Thursday, I'd say feel free to double check. Ask them to put on channel 716. Maybe they have some TVs with directv and others with Comcast but the TV they put on for me was Comcast and they had Pac12 Network, not HD but anything is better then nothing.

I will verify again on Thursday after work

Right now I could careless if we have to throw RU Golfer(just kidding) up on the roof with a set of rabbit ears and get it in Black and White with squiggly lines through it. Everywhere I call in Comcast areas, the bars carry Direct TV. This is getting F'in ridiculous trying to find this game. Shame on the Pac 12 Network for holding us hostage in their TV negotiations, I hope it continues to fail miserably.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Any options closer to Squan area...Wall, Brick, Neptune, any shore town from Asbury to Point I would take...

Val's is streaming, there has to be a place in Red Bank that has Comcast...no real sports bar, so some of the other bars like Jamians, or Downtown, or Walt Street, may have Comcast

I entered Seaside's zip on the PAC12's coverage page and it says Seaside is a Comcast zone.
I think the problem is many bars will not carry Comcast. Rumson and Sea Bright are Comcast zones. Checked bars in Sea Bright and could not find one that had the game. My understanding is Vals in Rumson does not have Comcast but will have the game.

Also have to remember a lot of places may have dropped Comcast because they do not have the Yankees channel. Folks have had false reads from bars in Comcast zones with the bar saying they will have the game, only to find out later that they will not have the game.

The average person answering the phone at the bar will not have an in depth knowledge of channel lineups to definitively KNOW the bar has the PAC12 network. To avoid disappointment, somebody should check a bar in person to confirm the bar will indeed have the game. I did that with Vals, and they confirmed here they will have the game.

This week has been an exercise in frustration. It's a shame that a license could not have been worked out with at least NJTV for the game to be shown on at least a limited basis in NJ. Thankfully the BTN appears to be light years ahead in terms of numbers and extent of carriers for BTN.

I guess I shouldn't be, but I'm still a little surprised how dominant DirecTv is. I haven't found a place that has Dish yet.

And if I'm going to a bar, there's no way I'm watching it in standard def (Comcast w/o the workarounds).

I entered Seaside's zip on the PAC12's coverage page and it says Seaside is a Comcast zone.

I do not care what the website says. I have a house there and I shit you not, I have Optimum. I know for fact that the bars in Seaside have either Optimum or Direct TV. I know there are a ton of Comcast hot spots on the island but Seaside TV is provided by Optimum. There is even an Optimum TV office in Seaside right on the Boulevard

I do not care what the website says. I have a house there and I shit you not, I have Optimum. I know for fact that the bars in Seaside have either Optimum or Direct TV. I know there are a ton of Comcast hot spots on the island but Seaside TV is provided by Optimum. There is even an Optimum TV office in Seaside right on the Boulevard
I can second this for seaside park.

As noted above Tom's River is covered by comcast. May want to check Buff wings or social 37 (much smaller but great craft selection) which are neighbors. Sadly, 2 best other options here closed (Tiffany's) or moved (McIntyre's).

InGregITrust said:
Hey guys: a reminder I'll have the game at the Olive Branch. Someone said it right --- DirecTV is pretty much the only service any bar pays for. If they claim they're showing the PAC12 network, do yourselves a favor and actually check it out. If you call around, an average server just assumes their bar/tavern gets all the channels, as did we. When we found out the only way to get the game was to get another satellite package, I got the company to come in and install the Dish, pay for programming, etc. This is a big expense and most places wouldn't dream of doing that for a 4 hour game.

Last edited:
Just checked with Water Street in Toms River. They have Comcast but do not get 716. The manager is calling Comcast today and said they will get back to me and let me know if they get it by Saturday.

Any bar worth their weight will have DirectTv because of the NFL package. You probably need to find a non sports bar or divey place that has Comcast and even then it will be in standard.

ADVERTISEMENT