ADVERTISEMENT

No Shame Notre Dame

What a joke. That area of Texas is a hot spot also and reporting record cases and hospitalization. To try and blame it on covid is a big joke. Just say you wanted money and fans and move on.
Umm they actually just did say that by moving to a state that allows fans. It was the only reason they did move the game. Why not too? Let people decide for themselves if they want to go

What a joke. That area of Texas is a hot spot also and reporting record cases and hospitalization. To try and blame it on covid is a big joke. Just say you wanted money and fans and move on.

Is it a shock a blue blood threatens to boycott and the game is moved for Covid concerns to a state that allows fans...with the same Covid concerns?

Reactions: cicero grimes
Texas doesn’t have the same concerns. Hence fans.

Pasedena has a 10 fold increase in covid cases since mid October. Dallas has seen roughly a 5 fold increase. They arent the same yet Dallas is on the rise. Texas and many other of the southern states have generally had an "I dont care" attitude until it bites them in the butt. I'm thinking Dallas would still have fans even if they approached Pasadena's numbers.

Pasedena has a 10 fold increase in covid cases since mid October. Dallas has seen roughly a 5 fold increase. They arent the same yet Dallas is on the rise. Texas and many other of the southern states have generally had an "I dont care" attitude until it bites them in the butt. I'm thinking Dallas would still have fans even if they approached Pasadena's numbers.
Having a care attitude and lockdowns like CA certainly hasn’t reduced cases so yea

We have 2 vaccines and over 99% of people recover, lockdown kings should be tarred and feathered.

Reactions: biker7766
We have 2 vaccines and over 99% of people recover, lockdown kings should be tarred and feathered.
As for vaccine, though it's out there most people won't be getting it for awhile.
Just saying there are two vaccines doesn't mean shots available for all yet..

As of December 17, 2020, the number of both confirmed and presumptive positive cases of the COVID-19 disease reported in the United States had reached over 16.7 million with over 306 thousand deaths reported among these cases.

But I think sports venues like football stadiums should allow fans to attend.
Just a lot fewer and distancing must be required.

Reported but what is the real number.
could be higher, but the amount of deaths, even if half, is nothing we should ignore.
A lot of the deaths are because people didn't look out for the other person while ignoring what health experts were advising.

Since this thread is mainly about attendance :
With the proper precautions a limited number of fans should be allowed in the stands is my opinion.

So you believe the 99% but question what you don't want to hear?

That pretty much says it all.

I know 3 people who had it and it wasn't as bad as a common cold for them. Sure if your old and fat then sit at home, everyone else who is healthy be happy and live your life.

It’s not that much money, relatively speaking.

Just say what it really is that the folks running CA are total idiots. No reason not to allow % of people into large venues. If people (ie family, fans) want to show up understanding the risk, no reason not to.

Pasadena has restaurants open for outdoor dining and shopping. Golf courses too. Surprised they didn’t say f it and allow fans.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
How did those vaccines help my grandmother who died this morning of covid? I guess she was part of the expendable 1%?
Sorry for your loss and comments from people like Nick are simply douchy, mean-spriited and wrong. What that jackass can't even comprehend is that actual COVID deaths are likely in the 350-400K range, when simply looking at excess deaths vs. a normal year. And yes, vaccines should be deployed enough by early February to significantly reduce cases/deaths and then should cause cases/deaths to really plummet by the end of March, perhaps in time to allow some fans to attend the Tourney. With proof of vaccination and likely masks since we possibly still won't know definitively by then if the vaccine mostly or completely prevents transmissions.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-death-toll-us.html

I don’t know if anybody mentioned it.... but B1G Commissioner, Kevin Warren, was VERY against moving the Rose Bowl. Said it ruined over a hundred years of tradition, and that fans don’t matter. Just another example of why he was such an awful hire.
If he did say that
His 100 years of tradition took a break in 1942.
That year the Rose Bowl was moved to Durham North Carolina..
Can’t believe this guy didn’t know this already.

It was the first thing I thought of when I read the post by @biker7766

USA is at 1.8 million cases and 320,000 deaths. Lockdown kings don't need to be tarred and feathered (even though I'm not in favor of total lockdown). Want to know who should be tarred and feathered? People who refuse to wear a mask, gather at super spreader events, and/or thump their chest saying "99% recover". It's estimated if at least 70% diligently wore their masks (and presumably social distanced), this virus could have been eradicated. Instead, more restrictions are levied and more social isolation is forced upon us.

Reactions: RUChoppin
USA is at 1.8 million cases and 320,000 deaths. Lockdown kings don't need to be tarred and feathered (even though I'm not in favor of total lockdown). Want to know who should be tarred and feathered? People who refuse to wear a mask, gather at super spreader events, and/or thump their chest saying "99% recover". It's estimated if at least 70% diligently wore their masks (and presumably social distanced), this virus could have been eradicated. Instead, more restrictions are levied and more social isolation is forced upon us.

#SAD

#4 Notre Dame is playing #1 Alabama in Texas, California punted.
Both still coming up Roses, but in end one will be pushing up Daisies .

#2 Clemson is playing Ohio State, way down yonder in New Orleans
Both getting a taste of Sugar, but one will leave with a sour taste in mouth.

How did those vaccines help my grandmother who died this morning of covid? I guess she was part of the expendable 1%?

Is your grandma one of the young, healthy people that should be going to college football games?

I guess you are anti-science and common sense... no helping that.

Is your grandma one of the young, healthy people that should be going to college football games?
No but she could have been infected by one of the young healthy people that attended. The infection doesn’t just stay with the person who goes. They spread beyond that person. That the problem is that the decision to attend can have consequences beyond those who chose to attend. It would be like saying we should let people smoke inside because it only hurt them. In reality we have learned that the second hand smoke hurts more than just the person smoking.

No but she could have been infected by one of the young healthy people that attended. The infection doesn’t just stay with the person who goes. They spread beyond that person.

That's the point she's old and not healthy. Those are the people that should have been at home and waited the 8 months for the vaccine. Young healthy people need to be out and have a normal life and have herd immunity.

If you are old and sick or are young and have health problems then stay home.

The flu kills hundreds of thousands of old and sick people every year but we don't destroy our lives and our economy every year because of it.

Locking down young and healthy people actually makes it more dangerous for the vulnerable because of no herd immunity.

That's the point she's old and not healthy. Those are the people that should have been at home and waited the 8 months for the vaccine. Young healthy people need to be out and have a normal life and have herd immunity.

If you are old and sick or are young and have health problems then stay home.

The flu kills hundreds of thousands of old and sick people every year but we don't destroy our lives and our economy every year because of it.

Locking down young and healthy people actually makes it more dangerous for the vulnerable because of no herd immunity.
She was at home and never left the home. She was infected by a young and healthy person. That is the problem. That young and old people mix. This virus is magnitudes more deadly then the flu. Ask Sweden how herd immunity is working? They have had a death toll 10 times neighboring countries. It has been a failure there. Are you willing to sacrifice 3+ million people in the US in the name of herd immunity?

She was at home and never left the home. She was infected by a young and healthy person. That is the problem. That young and old people mix. This virus is magnitudes more deadly then the flu. Ask Sweden how herd immunity is working? They have had a death toll 10 times neighboring countries. It has been a failure there. Are you willing to sacrifice 3+ million people in the US in the name of herd immunity?

Maybe I'm just not naive enough to believe you can control a virus and the personal habits of 300+ million people in a free republic. Just compare Sweden to the most extreme lock down countries in Europe-- UK, Spain and Italy.

Data from the EU

Sweden = 2.2% death rate
UK = 3.5% death rate
Spain = 2.7% death rate
Italy = 3.5% death rate

Canada = 2.9% death rate
Mexico = 9.1% death rate
United States = 1.84% death rate

State comparisons with similar populations [Data from NYT] (R vs D):

New Jersey = 4.2% death rate
Georgia = 1.8% death rate

New York = 4.2% death rate