ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Vedral vs. Indiana Oct. 26, 2019

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Noah was injured late in the first half, but he scored two TDs in the first half, and Nebraska led 21-16 at the half. Nebraska's defense collapsed, losing 38-31.

Noah was 14/16 for 201 yards and 2 rushing TDs

First Series TD:
Look at the deep pass at 2:45 for 45 yards! Then TD run by Vedral

Second Drive:
First play at 12:45- Vedral catches a pass from Spielman. TD run by Vedral

Third Drive:
Ends with Vedral sack and fumble:

Fourth Drive:
Ends with Missed FG. Nice pass by Vedral at 42:30

They just gave up 500 yards to PSU

Facts have no place in any discussion any longer.
Ironically, in the 2019 game vs. Penn State, Indiana gave up only 371 yards of offense to PSU and Indiana's offense put up 462 yards, yet Penn State won the game 34-27. Very similar games with opposite outcomes.

Reactions: rucoe89
Facts have no place in any discussion any longer.
Ironically, in the 2019 game vs. Penn State, Indiana gave up only 371 yards of offense to PSU and Indiana's offense put up 462 yards, yet Penn State won the game 34-27. Very similar games with opposite outcomes.
One thing I’m certain with Noah Vedral in this game ... if Rutgers O line can continue to improve under Aurich a very good coach we will score some points... O line and WR ‘s getting separation and securing the catch is where we can make the biggest gains . If Vedral doesn’t get hurt against Indiana in 2019 they most likely win that game. I’m certain Sean Gleason will design a great game plan . Execute on offense and stop the run game # 1 ...#2 Wherever Penix goes we follow...# 3 Defend the crossing and quick hit routes.Tough to do but I think we are 1 year away from raising more havoc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
One thing I’m certain with Noah Vedral in this game ... if Rutgers O line can continue to improve under Aurich a very good coach we will score some points... O line and WR ‘s getting separation and securing the catch is where we can make the biggest gains . If Vedral doesn’t get hurt against Indians in 2019 they most likely win that game. I’m certain Sean Gleason will design a great game plan . Execute on offense and stop the run game # 1 ...#2 Wherever Penix goes we follow...# 3 Defend the crossing and quick hit routes.Tough to do but I think we are 1 year away from raising more havoc.
Luke McCaffrey was the backup QB for Nebraska in that game, and he was 5/6 for 71 yards, and 1 TD. He also rushed 12 times for 76 yards (6.3 ypc). Arguably, McCaffrey did as well or better than Noah in that game. The big factor that lost that game was Nebraska's defense.

Very happy Noah is our QB.

Luke McCaffrey was the backup QB for Nebraska in that game, and he was 5/6 for 71 yards, and 1 TD. He also rushed 12 times for 76 yards (6.3 ypc). Arguably, McCaffrey did as well or better than Noah in that game. The big factor that lost that game was Nebraska's defense.

Very happy Noah is our QB.
Nonsense... If Vedral doesn’t get injured ( was moving down the field) McCaffery is getting splinters that day. I believe Vedral had 2 rushing TD’s at midway through 2nd quarter. Forget exactly his pass stats but they were very good at that point.You are correct on one thing Nebraska defense list that game.

Nonsense... If Vedral doesn’t get injured ( was moving down the field) McCaffery is getting splinters that day. I believe Vedral had 2 rushing TD’s at midway through 2nd quarter. Forget exactly his pass stats but they were very good at that point.You are correct on one thing Nebraska defense list that game.
Vedral also had 2 fumbles. This is not a criticism of him, but to put his entire performance in perspective. As we see here often, different fans react in different ways. Some could say without those fumbles, Nebraska wins the game. OTOH, we surely agree, Nebraska's defense is the main reason they lost that game.

Right now Vedral is the Rutgers QB... so I’ll root for him... McCaffery is still collecting splinters behind Martinez at the moment.

That is a really nice play. It looked like a pre-snap read figuring out that an LB would be covering him. LOVE to see that. That's how you eliminate the WTF INTs.. though Vedral almost had one of those last game.

I am in no way cheering for McCaffrey. Was just pointing out in the flow of that game, McCaffrey did well.
Who said you were cheering McCaffery? Just pointed out if Vedral doesn’t get hurt on the fumble there is a very high likelihood Nebraska wins. Even as poorly as their D was at the end.

Vedral is the QB we have been looking for. If he stays healthy, we will be competitive.

Our offense can't keep the ball for long. If we fix that then we are going to the top.

Reactions: RUBOB72
Noah was injured late in the first half, but he scored two TDs in the first half, and Nebraska led 21-16 at the half. Nebraska's defense collapsed, losing 38-31.

Noah was 14/16 for 201 yards and 2 rushing TDs

First Series TD:

Second Drive:
First play at 12:45- Vedral catches a pass from Spielman. TD run by Vedral

Third Drive:
Ends with Vedral sack and fumble:

Fourth Drive:
Ends with Missed FG. Nice pass by Vedral at 42:30

His highlights from last year are why I was pretty sure he would be starting for us. He clearly is our most talented QB and I like his creativity/playmaking ability. Can't wait to see other teams befuddled when we have him, Langan, and Pacheco all throwing passes in the same game.

Near the mid-way point of the 2019 Nebraska-Indiana game, Nebraska went to convert a 4th and one at the Indiana 41-yard line. The team hurried to the line of scrimmage with 20 seconds to snap the ball. They appeared ready to run a play when Noah Vedral looked to the bench, the offensive linemen stood up, everyone else "relaxed" and while he was looking at his coach on the sidelines, Nebraska snapped the ball to the back standing next to Vedral. Indiana's defense had also relaxed in response to Nebraska. The back ran off the left side of the line for a four yard gain and a first down conversion... no problem.

Love creative stuff like that!

Near the mid-way point of the 2019 Nebraska-Indiana game, Nebraska went to convert a 4th and one at the Indiana 41-yard line. The team hurried to the line of scrimmage with 20 seconds to snap the ball. They appeared ready to run a play when Noah Vedral looked to the bench, the offensive linemen stood up, everyone else "relaxed" and while he was looking at his coach on the sidelines, Nebraska snapped the ball to the back standing next to Vedral. Indiana's defense had also relaxed in response to Nebraska. The back ran off the left side of the line for a four yard gain and a first down conversion... no problem.

We did something like that on our 4th down conversion, early in the 4Q, with Vedral kind of looking very casual a couple of times and pulling back out from under center and then when their LB over center stepped back, we quickly ran the sneak for 2 yards and a first down - very clever. Led to our FG and 31-20 lead.

Every game is must-win, but I am eager to see what Gleeson can pull out to shock the opponents in week two.

His highlights from last year are why I was pretty sure he would be starting for us. He clearly is our most talented QB and I like his creativity/playmaking ability. Can't wait to see other teams befuddled when we have him, Langan, and Pacheco all throwing passes in the same game.
Thank You for updating Noah’s pass stats in the 2019 Nebraska - Indiana game...I just was too lazy to go back and check... So when he puts that against McCafferys pass stats I feel very good and you are correct. He has a chance to make us competitive. If the O line under coach Aurich can make incremental weekly improvements ....stay relatively healthy ...we can win more than anyone expected..Rutgers will be underdogs in maybe all our games remaining but we will get a better picture after this Saturday. Greg is not screwing around ...The boys are on a Chop 🪓🪓🪓🪓🪓🪓🪓🪓 mission.

Last edited:
Time to empty the playbook. This is the toughest winnable game we’ll face the rest of the year besides maybe Purdue. Maryland and Illinois you hope to be able to beat conventionally, don’t need to hide anything from them. And we’re not beating OSU sorry. Might as well pull out all the stops and try to spoil Hoosierella’s ball

He wasnt real great against us. He fumbled the ball that almost led to a scoop and score, although he did hustle to make the tackle of the DE running. He completed a lot of passes but most of them were screens and comebacks. Got pulled for Dylan Mccaffrey who came in and threw a TD pass.

He wasnt real great against us. He fumbled the ball that almost led to a scoop and score, although he did hustle to make the tackle of the DE running. He completed a lot of passes but most of them were screens and comebacks. Got pulled for Dylan Mccaffrey who came in and threw a TD pass.
And you stop by the Rutgers football board a year after to give us this drivel. Worry about Indiana football and your inability to move up in the land of college football sooner. You now have a good program .Better pray to the CornGods that Rutgers football doesn’t get back to the Rutger’s days of the mid 2000’s. At this point we are happy that Vedral chose to come east.

McCaffrey's success made it possible to get Vedral, so that's fine with me.
As far as IU, 8-4 last year, a winning record in the division, a bowl game and a win over PSU the first week of this season. I'll take that.
We all feel Schiano can get there. It will be fun when it happens.
A win this week would also be fun.

Time to empty the playbook. This is the toughest winnable game we’ll face the rest of the year besides maybe Purdue. Maryland and Illinois you hope to be able to beat conventionally, don’t need to hide anything from them. And we’re not beating OSU sorry. Might as well pull out all the stops and try to spoil Hoosierella’s ball

It's in the bag.

ADVERTISEMENT