ADVERTISEMENT

Noga Peleg Pelc update

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
Has landed at Villanova. Strange place for an Israeli kid to land I thought, especially since Harry Peretta just retired after his 40+ years at the helm. Their new coach is Denise Dillon who was the head coach at Drexel for 17 years.
So, being nosey I looked up their roster. They have a freshman listed who is also from Israel, also the same town as Noga. So I guess Noga's leaving had nada to do with being unhappy at RU.

Last edited:
Reactions: MADHAT1
They had another player from Israel maybe 10 years ago - don’t remember her name

Many games we missed not having her. What little I did see of her last year she seemed frustrated.
For whatever reason we didn't get the potential she could have given the team. Sorry to see her go and disappointed with last season after a promising freshman year.
If Villanova will continue a similar style of play, she will be a great fit. Wish her the best.
Also, don't know if this has future bearings for her, last year she only played in 8 games and had some injuries (? redshirt ).

Last edited:
Reactions: RU MAN
Has landed at Villanova. Strange place for an Israeli kid to land I thought, especially since Harry Peretta just retired after his 40+ years at the helm. Their new coach is Denise Dillon who was the head coach at Drexel for 17 years.
So, being nosey I looked up their roster. They have a freshman listed who is also from Israel, also the same town as Noga. So I guess Noga's leaving had nada to do with being unhappy at RU.

Not quite understanding how you can say this young lady :) I get why she would choose Nova now. But that doesn't explain why she left Rutgers (unless I've missed other news). ?

She left because she left.. Many have done the same here and elsewhere. Let's leave it at that.

Not quite understanding how you can say this young lady :) I get why she would choose Nova now. But that doesn't explain why she left Rutgers (unless I've missed other news). ?
Not sure what you are saying young man. :Kissing:

Will be interesting. Am I right in remembering that Harry Perreta we tired this year? Did they name a new coach?

Decided not to be lazy and looked it up. Denise Dillion, a formerer player at Nova under Harry was named in late May. She had been coaching at Drexel for the last 17 years. So I’m guessing her style may not be much different than Harry’s.

I remember Nova playing tough defense and relying very heavily on 3 point shooting which certainly fits Noga. Best of luck to her.

Last edited:
Will be interesting. Am I right in remembering that Harry Perreta we tired this year? Did they name a new coach?

Decided not to be lazy and looked it up. Denise Dillion, a formerer player at Nova under Harry was named in late May. She had been coaching at Drexel for the last 17 years. So I’m guessing her style may not be much different than Harry’s.

I remember Nova playing tough defense and relying very heavily on 3 point shooting which certainly fits Noga. Best of luck to her.
Yeah, Harry liked the 3. Actually he ran his own version of a motion offense and relied heavily not so much on only scoring 3's but the benefit of having a team of players that all could score a 3. Early on he tended to slow the pace but I thought that changed as the game changed. I think he lacked top level talent, really; he had some nice players, but not enough to consistently be an NCAA tourney team / threat.

Of course it is possible that Dillon will run a different system, but like you, I suspect there will be a strong resemblance.

Reactions: RUClassof67
ADVERTISEMENT