ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern moves into #24, RU is......

I was hoping the women would get in this week too... Looks like the teams from 18-25 didn't lose this past week so not much change except for NW.

It's interesting to me how RU doesn't seem to get the same respect as other B1G teams. I saw LaChina Robinson tweeted out yesterday that she was putting Northwestern in her top 25 vote this week, so I responded "How about RU?" She actually responded to me and said that RU has been in her top 25 for 2 months now as she saw us play in the tournament over Thanksgiving. I think some of the voters don't actually watch the games.

Reactions: nj4shore
Its rather obvious the B1G doesn't have the clout as compared to previous seasons when Maryland was a consistent top 10 team.

Struggling to beat PSU doesn't help.
The loss of focus seems to plague us.
Not true. Iowa trailed Wisconsin late into the 3rd yesterday and only won by 7. I think the earlier explanation that the voters don’t watch the games is more logical.

Reactions: TRU2RU
The bias towards Rutgers and C Viv ‘s team has been well documented... we are labeled as thuggish and undisciplined... just go around the country and talk to others about perceptions...just think C Viv was head coach of Iowa ... though some remember her there most are geriatrics or 6’ under.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Not true. Iowa trailed Wisconsin late into the 3rd yesterday and only won by 7. I think the earlier explanation that the voters don’t watch the games is more logical.

Rutgers hasnt beaten any team of note and has struggled in most games in league even vs dregs

...not yet in the Top 25. Getting more votes but only at 27.
We're close. That's why we can't lose to MSU at home. Currently we're down 11 at halftime. This can't happen. We always need to hold serve in R House.

Rutgers hasnt beaten any team of note and has struggled in most games in league even vs dregs
Even before tonight's loss - your first point. That was the sticking point.

in the rankings style points are not it, voters are not really that detailed. But Rutgers complete lack of upsetting anyone - that hurt. As I said repetitively - Arizona upset Texas - and even though Texas has turned out to be so-so - that did it. From an NCAA tourney perspective, RU, even with today's loss, is ok. None of the losses are "bad", but obviously we can't afford many more "so-so" losses.

Reactions: Bon1674
ADVERTISEMENT