ADVERTISEMENT

not a glowing article

Really not that bad. Should have been given another year or two at Tampa. And how can you argue about Ohio State’s success. If Belichek thinks he’s a good coach who are we to question?

It’s only going to get worse. These guys are keyboard whores. Anything for a click. What a way to make a living.

As an fyi, the year after Schiano's 11-21 tenure in Tampa, Lovie Smith went 2-14. Sometimes it is the players and not the coaching.

Schiano team got worce by far from first year to second. He lost control of locker room to the point he had to cut the starting QB. Lovie had a tough time coming into that situation.

Schiano team got worce by far from first year to second. He lost control of locker room to the point he had to cut the starting QB. Lovie had a tough time coming into that situation.

they have had 1 winning season out of the last 8 years. Schiano really did not do any worse then the other 2-3 coaches and his 7-9 record in his first year was the second best of the last 8 years.

Reactions: Kbee3
they have had 1 winning season out of the last 8 years. Schiano really did not do any worse then the other 2-3 coaches and his 7-9 record in his first year was the second best of the last 8 years.

Not saying it isnt a poorly run franchise. As far as his 7 9 record (as most give Schiano credit for Floods success) shouldnt that be credited to previous coach? Wouldnt his second season been a more telling barometer of "His" team?

why tell us about his last 8 years--face it they were not wonderful
Check out the Bless Austin Headline, when all he really said was that he did not know Schiano or much about him, and his focus was making his current team better. The headlines/content there is designed for generating clicks. Screw them:
"Why Jets’ Blessuan Austin wasn’t really rooting for Rutgers to rehire Greg Schiano"

Not saying it isnt a poorly run franchise. As far as his 7 9 record (as most give Schiano credit for Floods success) shouldnt that be credited to previous coach? Wouldnt his second season been a more telling barometer of "His" team?
I don't think you can look at it that way in the NFL.

What an article though, when you list out everything that happened... Well, that's a lot of strange stuff for one guy. MRSA, Tenn & NE. RU must be looking pretty good.

Reactions: MOBFreehold
That’s a solid, informative piece.

I think it is important for people to understand the context of his life and career, and that chain of events definitely made me like him more and I am excited to hear him speak about things he has learned.

Going by memory, I know Tampa bay lost the first eight or so games
In Gregs second season, which pretty much doomed him there

First game of that season was against the Jets..... f I recall correctly Tampa stopped the Jets on a 4th down that would have sealed the victory, but some Tampa bay defensive back stupidly hit the ball carrier out of bounds, Jets kept the ball, won by a point

sh@t luck for Greg right there

Reactions: MOBFreehold
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT