ADVERTISEMENT

Not much chance of landing Hickman

newwavedave1

All Conference
Feb 2, 2006
After reading the NJ.com article, I'm convinced we have no shot of landing him. Stated that Ohio State was his dream school and has received an offer from them. Bye bye.

Reactions: cicero grimes
The sad part about this is that it looks like 3 NJ kids will be picked in this year's first round( at least in some mock drafts) and none of them went to RU.

I had the exact same thought. Paraphrasing only a little bit here:

Rutgers: "Well it's my home state so they're definitely one I'm considering."

(very next paragraph)

Ohio State: "This is my dream school and I was so thrilled when I got an offer from them. I visited and felt this really great connection to everybody there."

To be honest I closed out of the article after I read that. Apparently there's four other schools he talked about.

Fair to guess that he and Nyquee Hawkins (#1 DB in NJ) will be going to the same school from this tweet.
If that’s true, I’d just hope they both don’t choose Penn State.

He also mentioned that he and his family visited Penn State 5 or 6 times and loved it. To visit a school that many times is telling. My guess his destination is Penn State.

The sad part about this is that it looks like 3 NJ kids will be picked in this year's first round( at least in some mock drafts) and none of them went to RU.

None of them even considered RU.
Real shame these kids have no home pride.

Kids commit to a University, not to a head coach.
[roll]
other_sarcasmMeter.gif~c200

Kids commit to a University, not to a head coach.
Go tell that to Alabama. When Shula Jr was in charge Bama was getting beat and beat quite often. They hire Nick Saban and away they go. IF we spent the money to hire a proven winner our recruiting would reflect that. I’m not saying we would automatically win but our recruiting would improve dramatically. Kids commit to coach’s who can sell a vision. A vision of winning and championships. Rutgers to this point has never overspent on athletics we underspend. Both of are highest profile coaches football and basketball are at the bottom of the pay scale. That will not get it done.

Go tell that to Alabama. When Shula Jr was in charge Bama was getting beat and beat quite often. They hire Nick Saban and away they go. IF we spent the money to hire a proven winner our recruiting would reflect that. I’m not saying we would automatically win but our recruiting would improve dramatically. Kids commit to coach’s who can sell a vision. A vision of winning and championships. Rutgers to this point has never overspent on athletics we underspend. Both of are highest profile coaches football and basketball are at the bottom of the pay scale. That will not get it done.
Great example there. LOL.

After reading the NJ.com article, I'm convinced we have no shot of landing him. Stated that Ohio State was his dream school and has received an offer from them. Bye bye.
No shot with him but nice that he gave us a courtesy mention. Next up.

This board is where losers meet up to circle jerk. This thread is going to explode soon.
The losers in this thread will be the reason why many folks will leave this board for TOS. Constant negativity and attacks from proclivity that was banned because they could not control their negativity and their proclivity to flex their internet muscles. A guy who could not keep his shit together in weather threads, gets himself banned and lashes out and blames others for his banning says all you need to know about him. It will be a great group misery sob fest every time one of the top 10 NJ recruits commit to a marquis program---something Rutgers is a long way from becoming.

Keep living in the past and still bringing up Flood. Epitome of loser mentality.

Reactions: CERU00
Lather, rinse, repeat. We are a safety school for NJ recruits.

We've already had Ash bring in recruits that had tremendous offer lists...

If a kid looks at a BIG TEN east division program like Rutgers as his safety school vs programs like Ohio State, he must be pretty damn talented.

We've had Hickman level talent here before.. and we've sent them to the NFL to make millions of dollars. Nobody is too good to play here

Reactions: RUMountie

And don't forget the bags of money...

Reactions: yesrutgers01
I'm just tired of the homerism. Get real. It's not bags of money or a coach from years ago. The program, currently has been bad, it has no flare or allure, And neither does the HC. Hopefully he wins some games this year and that creates a buzz, but the jury is way out. If he wins 2 games though, the same crowd will be saying it's all part of the plan. Yawn.

ADVERTISEMENT