ADVERTISEMENT

Not perfect, but...

RUich

Heisman Winner
Aug 2, 2001
WE were heavy underdogs to an iconic program in front of 106 thousand screaming fans. First half we looked like a team everyone expected to see. But, we come out in the second half like gang busters on defense giving up just one late first down and giving up zero points.
For those throwing stones at our coaching staff, how about Michigans???? They showed nothing in the second half and were getting beat on both sides of the ball!
If you want to win a game when you are a big dog, you have to try some different things and take some chances. You need a lot of luck too. What if that fourth down had produced a first down? Would our coaches be considered geniuses then?
Some of you need to take a deep breath and watch the evolution of this program. We are 3-1 and playing hard.

Yeah, there were some questionable calls but those same coaches made other calls that had RU moving the ball pretty well and putting a real scare into Michigan. (I had to listen to the 4th qtr on XM in my car. It had the Michigan radio feed and trust me they were nervous about how the game was going).

People say moral victories don't matter, but I think the tone set yesterday in the game coverage and highlights later is huge. Rutgers needed to give off the sense that the direction of the program is positive to solidify the recruiting success Schiano has been having, and so far they have done that.

Reactions: newell138
WE were heavy underdogs to an iconic program in front of 106 thousand screaming fans. First half we looked like a team everyone expected to see. But, we come out in the second half like gang busters on defense giving up just one late first down and giving up zero points.
For those throwing stones at our coaching staff, how about Michigans???? They showed nothing in the second half and were getting beat on both sides of the ball!
If you want to win a game when you are a big dog, you have to try some different things and take some chances. You need a lot of luck too. What if that fourth down had produced a first down? Would our coaches be considered geniuses then?
Some of you need to take a deep breath and watch the evolution of this program. We are 3-1 and playing hard.
I also would not be able to love it more that our QB of the future is taking all of these environments and experiences in, knowing he is being guided by coaches and teammates that are not intimidated by any of it.

ADVERTISEMENT