ADVERTISEMENT

Nothing Is Wrong, Just Mediocre Basketball

RUKiid

Junior
Feb 4, 2004
Starts with coaching, the 18-1 record at home last year made Pike look better than he is. Same with the players, the talent is just not there to play on a neutral court and win consistently. Add to that historically inept FT shooting and this team is right where they should be. Headed towards a losing record and missing the tournament.....nothing is wrong.

Starts with coaching, the 18-1 record at home last year made Pike look better than he is. Same with the players, the talent is just not there to play on a neutral court and win consistently. Add to that historically inept FT shooting and this team is right where they should be. Headed towards a losing record and missing the tournament.....nothing is wrong.
I never thought Pike was a good game Coach but he was good for the program. However, When the effort is lacking, like it has been for several games, there is something horribly wrong.

Reactions: Rutgers56
I just think he can't get it done with this group. He has completely lost them, everyone sees it. Getting blown out, making a run to make it 'respectable'. Flawed basketball on so many levels.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
No something is definitely wrong. You don't go from out muscling and hustling Illinois, then a month later being out muscled and out hustle by the worst team in the B1G if something wasn't wrong.

Reactions: pmvon
these are KIDS....and IMO the pandemic has worn them out(its worn ME out)
the kids haven't seen family or friends
probably have people at home sick or dead from covid
and dont know WHAT the future holds
just a thought

just a thought
Other teams are dealing with the exact same issue.
Our team is unrecognizable.
Our defense is awful

Look at these conference rankings. The only things we're doing well are turnovers (on both sides of the ball) and shooting three pointers. Otherwise the OP is right, it's just not good basketball all the way around.

Screenshot-20210121-235330.png

just a thought
Then quit the season. Every other team is dealing with the same problem.

ADVERTISEMENT