ADVERTISEMENT

Nov 20-Last Honors College Tour This Year

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
The last Honors College information session and campus tour for 2019 is November 20. Open to high school seniors, juniors, and sophomores. More information at Honors College.rutgers.edu.

Does anyone know the SAT score you need to theoretically have a shot off getting into the honors college?

There is no theoretical minimum. Depends on the school, essay, etc. It's all holistic admissions, and because the honors college is interdisciplinary, it varies a lot.

For example, Mason Gross has lower average SAT scores than the rest of the schools, but is one of the most competitive. Decisions are made off of portfolios, essays, etc. They feed into the Honors College just as much as engineering does.

Reactions: RUnTeX
I have talked with several parents and there seems to be a perception that the whole Honors College is only filled with Engineering students and I keep telling them that is not true.

I have talked with several parents and there seems to be a perception that the whole Honors College is only filled with Engineering students and I keep telling them that is not true.

Since Engineering and Pharmacy for the most part attract the highest academically performing admitted students in NB/P, I wonder if the cream of those two crops are compelled to pursue an Honors College admission as well since they're likely to cut the mustard already. So it wouldn't surprise me if they're taking up a disproportionate share of HC seats.

ADVERTISEMENT