ADVERTISEMENT

November MTE Schedule

MCKnight2004

Senior
Oct 25, 2012
As usual, three games round robin to start season including 2 teams we knew, Lehigh, Merrimack, and NJIT, a newly named ooc schedule opponent
Pike sure LOVES this 3 team set up for 3 easy wins

now know 6 games
NJIT
MERRIMACK
LEHIGH
Rider
AT UMASS
AT Seton Hall

ACC CHALLENGE
GAVITT GAME

This leaves two more cupcake home games, surely another NEC, IVY, AMERICA EAST opponents

Where was this released? I hope we do get at least one of the Gavitt Games or the ACC Challenge at home. In both events we have been on the road more times than at home.

We are in the best or at worst third best conference every year, have one out of conference game vs ACC and two vs Big East. This isn’t the old days when we played all our conference games against rinky dink schools in the Atlantic Ten. Maybe add one more name school and call it a day. Remember too, a big name school is very unlikely to come across country to play in an 8,000 seat arena. LSU, UCLA, Texas Tech, Gonzaga, etc. are almost always going to say no thanks.

I agree with Heaven. An OOC game with SHU, another Big East team & and an ACC team added with 20 BIG TEN games makes 23 difficult games which already should give us one of the toughest schedules in the country. On top of that all 3 of the above mentioned games could be on the road. I would not want to see more than one other really major team added and would be content if no others were added. We need to acclimate Jones, Mag, Reiber, Palmquist and Miller to gradually be better prepared for the major teams. I don't really care how much SHU fans cry about our OOC schedule. They are not playing 20 BIG TEN games.

Reactions: RutgHoops
I feel like every time the media has the scoop it is a result of a public records request… Is the relationship with the media that adversarial?

I know every organization has lawyers who address PRR’s but Rutgers must have a whole office dedicated solely to that task.

The schedule is fine in difficulty level with the Gavitt and ACC games. If neither of those are home games, we’d have 4 true road games of which 3 would be against major conference teams. That’s not a cupcake OOC by any metric. Even 3 true road games would be more than most major conference teams play.

I do wish we would play at least one neutral non conference game a year whether in one of the small preseason tourneys or otherwise but maybe St Bonnies left Pike sour so we’re avoiding those for a while. Definitely more forgiving to lose a true road game.

The metrics will have RUs overall SOS in the 10-20 spot. That’s what matters. Having a strong OOC only matters when you play in a crappy conference that can’t put teams into the dance on its own

That is the absolute truth!!!! Blueswayedshus I believe is a SHU fan and just like many of them are usually crying over our OOC schedule. They need to worry about their own schedule as the BE is not nearly as tough as the BIG 10. They go crazy when they get a home game with Michigan State or Maryland or any BIG 10 team. They should try 20 of those games in one season.

Last edited:
I feel like every time the media has the scoop it is a result of a public records request… Is the relationship with the media that adversarial?

I know every organization has lawyers who address PRR’s but Rutgers must have a whole office dedicated solely to that task.
Organizations don’t have lawyers responding to regular public records requests . Usually clerk or administrative type.

Organizations don’t have lawyers responding to regular public records requests . Usually clerk or administrative type.

probably depends on how big or small. Every group I have worked in the attorneys manage all public records request.

We go through this every year now

we play 20 confrence games that absolutely is a grind

there is no reason to add more thsn 3 of 11
Games against power 6 confrence teams

seton hall
Big East challenge
Acc challenge

23 of 31 games against power conferences is always a top 30-40 SOS, and Some years is top 10

let the team develop in November and December ...where they will play 13 games and five of the 13 will be power games and 8 “cupcakes”....before having 18 straight big ten games in 10 weeks leading into the big ten tourney and the NCAA

We go through this every year now

we play 20 confrence games that absolutely is a grind

there is no reason to add more thsn 3 of 11
Games against power 6 confrence teams

seton hall
Big East challenge
Acc challenge

23 of 31 games against power conferences is always a top 30-40 SOS, and Some years is top 10

let the team develop in November and December ...where they will play 13 games and five of the 13 will be power games and 8 “cupcakes”....before having 18 straight big ten games in 10 weeks leading into the big ten tourney and the NCAA

Exactly every year we have a select group of people who are upset with our OOC schedule yet we always end up easily in Top 25 of the toughest schedules in the nation. With 20 BIG games plus SHU and another P5 team at minimum 22 games is plenty enough for a resume to get into the dance. No need to push it at all. If this program continues its NCAA appearances and strong showings it will step up its scheduling to play more tournaments earlier in the year with more P5 teams.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
ADVERTISEMENT