ADVERTISEMENT

Number of 2019 season tickets

I am a bit surprised that Rutgers doesn't offer a lot of seats for $10 a piece.

You would think that in the long run it is better to have a stadium 80% full at a steep discount rather than 20% full at retail price. When the team becomes better than .500, then they would have the opportunity to increase ticket prices.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
The glee expressed by many posters in this thread is barely disguised.

Brings to mind a quote from Tim McCarver which I think applies to RU fans as well. "New York fans desperately want their team to succeed. If that is impossible, the next best thing is for the team to fail miserably."
I disagree 1000%. Been routing for Rutgers since the 70s. Never once wanted them to lose a game let alone fail miserably. I'm a NY Yankee fan and McCarver statement is complete bullship.

I do agree with many on here that I have completely lost my zest for going to Rutgers games. Just a few years ago I would never consider missing a game for practically any reason. Now, the only Rutgers game I am 100% sure of going to in 2019 is Homecoming. I will still be at many college games this year however, Rutgers isn't at the top of the list.

Reactions: Steve91562
Well, we weren't gonna say anything, but since you admitted it..............
An accurate reading of my post doesn't actually convey any such admitting. However, regarding the masochism part, a little domination is good for the soul. After all, who here can honestly say their time spent with some dominant hookers (and quality blow) wasn't time well spent? :)

Always interesting how everyone thinks their own actions always define “true fan”:

True fans purchase tickets anyway and support the team - like me!

True fans drop their tickets as a sign of protest against the AD - like me!

An accurate reading of my post doesn't actually convey any such admitting. However, regarding the masochism part, a little domination is good for the soul. After all, who here can honestly say their time spent with some dominant hookers (and quality blow) wasn't time well spent? :)
I thought the masochism comment was referring to the time you spent with the dominant rams during the rut.

Always interesting how everyone thinks their own actions always define “true fan”:

True fans purchase tickets anyway and support the team - like me!

True fans drop their tickets as a sign of protest against the AD - like me!
True fans drink well aged single malt scotch in the tailgating lots - like me!

Reactions: NickRU714
All very good points.
It's a personal choice. People have their own reasons for making their choices. It is bad form to project your choice and your reasons on to others. Your reasons and your choice are not necessarily applicable to others Just because you are unhappy, that does not mean others have to share your misery.
Agreed. It's a leisure time activity and no one owes anyone any sort of explanation as to why they do or do not want to buy season tickets, or attend games.

True fans who drink well aged single malt should invite fellow tailgaters - like me -to come have some of yours!

Fellow tailgaters - like you - can always come and enjoy well aged single malt scotch at our tailgate. So get yo' sorry arse over there!

Reactions: WhiteBus
True fans who drink well aged single malt should invite fellow tailgaters - like me -to come have some of yours!
I often bring 18 and 21 year single malts to games. You're invited, but you have to wear a t-shirt that says "I [heart] RU#s weather forecasts" on the front and "give me snow or give me death" on the back.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
I often bring 18 and 21 year single malts to games. You're invited, but you have to wear a t-shirt that says "I [heart] RU#s weather forecasts" on the front and "give me snow or give me death" on the back.
And mildone will be wearing his MAGA hat and Trump 2020 t-shirt.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
And mildone will be wearing his MAGA hat and Trump 2020 t-shirt.
It's my scotch so I'll be wearing whatever I want. But I can tell you with certainty that whatever I'm wearing, it sure as hell won't be anything remotely political.

5b7b53619cb58.image.jpg

Moe, Larry, Curly.

I think the number will be 15-17,000. From 34,000 season tickets in 2014 to 17,000 in 2019. At $500 a ticket.

Next time someone brags about how smart RU leadership is, what they've done for the school, this BOG person has 3 degrees, and the President is a doctor. Remember that these fools pissed away about $9m a year in ticket revenue in order to cut the school subsidy 2m a year and be revenue neutral. I have no respect for them. They're financial morons and they way they treat the athletic department I rather they not even have athletics here.

Last year was the straw that broke the camels back for long time season ticket holders, die hards and large boosters.

Pat Hobbs screwed up royally here but nothing changes until that clown Barchi is gone.
I tip my cap to you, Sir. You nailed it.
We have now sunk to UConn levels for attendance.
https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/...et-sale-numbers-heading-into-2019-season.html

Reactions: RUaMoose
I tip my cap to you, Sir. You nailed it.
We have now sunk to UConn levels for attendance.
https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/...et-sale-numbers-heading-into-2019-season.html

Here's a post from April -- it was before the revenue figures were released, but those turned out to be almost dead on too. Thus, 2019 revenue can be expected to be less than $7 million:

In 2015, Rutgers sold 31,168 season tickets.
In 2016, Rutgers sold 28,478 season ticket. -8.6%
In 2017, Rutgers sold 23,812 season tickets. -16.4%
In 2018, Rutgers sold 22,337 season tickets. -6.2% (-28.3% from 2015)
2019 Projection- sell 16,752 season tickets. -25% (-46.3% from 2015)

Calculation:

2019: projected 16,752 * $400 = $6,700,800 (loss of $5.77 million from baseline 2015; cumulative loss of $13.45 million)

Another way of looking at it is that since Hobbs kept Ash at end of 2018 season, approx $2.2 million in additional revenue has been lost, and $5.7 million will be lost this year alone as compared to before Ash was hired.

Here's a post from April -- it was before the revenue figures were released, but those turned out to be almost dead on too. Thus, 2019 revenue can be expected to be less than $7 million:

Calculation:

2019: projected 16,752 * $400 = $6,700,800 (loss of $5.77 million from baseline 2015; cumulative loss of $13.45 million)

Another way of looking at it is that since Hobbs kept Ash at end of 2018 season, approx $2.2 million in additional revenue has been lost, and $5.7 million will be lost this year alone as compared to before Ash was hired.
But we are saving money on the buyout!!!

It's like a tree comes crashing through your roof, and you live in Seattle where it rains all the time. Fixing the roof costs money. Not fixing the roof saves money!!!! Until you account for the damages that occur for not fixing the roof.

Pat Hobbs in April said sales were down "a bit."

That has to mean that "significant improvement" is much greater than a 25% improvement. In what, we have to see.

Reactions: Wolv RU

Calculation:

Good work @Wolv RU ,I said it in the another thread it has now become more expensive to keep Ash than to outright fire him. These numbers have sealed Ash's fate as it has now become a money game. He either turns this around into us reaching a bowl game or damn near close to it or he's gone. Hobbs gambled fans would stick around and lost big time.

Calculation:

And that's only season ticket sales. Other revenue also impacted single game tickets, multigame packages, gameday concession sales, parking, merchandise, etc...

If I know Cali would be there, I'd wear my "I fvcking love cuddling" t-shirt. :HeartEyes:

Yeah, but I scratch out the 25 cents and write in "free". I don't like to profit from people's misery.

Strange - you obviously saw the pic, but after posting my reply with the pic, all I saw was the broken pic graphic (with "IMG" next to it), so I assumed nobody else could see it, so I edited my post by cutting/pasting the same graphic from a FB post, which I can always see. Wish I knew why that happens...

Strange - you obviously saw the pic, but after posting my reply with the pic, all I saw was the broken pic graphic (with "IMG" next to it), so I assumed nobody else could see it, so I edited my post by cutting/pasting the same graphic from a FB post, which I can always see. Wish I knew why that happens...
I saw it.

I didn't see the pic on this forum, where it was blocked. I had to go to the original image location to see it.

I didn't see the pic on this forum, where it was blocked. I had to go to the original image location to see it.
Interesting - I also don't see some other things on this site, like the emojis you posted above - all it shows is :HeartEyes:

I know our firewall is pretty touchy, so maybe it's that...

ADVERTISEMENT