ADVERTISEMENT

NY Post article alledges Greg dissed Tennesee at press conference

Verbaitim transcript of press conference

https://scarletknights.com/news/201...eg-schiano-introductory-press-conference.aspx

Shows NO such question or response.

For what it’s worth, at these press conferences, it’s often the case that reporters get a minute or two to speak to people 1-on-1 on the record after the main televised part is done. Maybe that’s what happened here. Maybe not. I just know that one-on-ones are a part of a lot of these things. Maybe not today though.

If he did...props to him!

“oh rocky top, you’ll always be
A piece of **** to me
F*** you rocky top
Go to hell tennessee”

one of their rivals (Kentucky I think) sings this to them...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can’t wait for us to play Tennessee in a bowl game!!!

Oh boy will that be fun!!!!
They will never make a bowl game but maybe Rutgers can play in the Music City Bowl and really rub it in.

I watched the whole press conference. He did not say that. Maybe he said that elsewhere. If he did, good for him!
Completely agree, I watched the whole press conference also and never heard Tennessee mentioned.

Reactions: MADHAT1
It was said off camera. There was a transcript posted on the round table showing it. It's maybe a premium link i dunno.

I like it. He tells it like it is. Non of this PC bullshit that's going around...

F Tennessee and their cult fans. BTW how has running Greg out of town worked for them?? Losers. Glad Greg said it!
Agree. Don’t care that he said it. If they didn’t want him at the time and thought they could do better, fine. But they created a phony justification for their behavior. Let him get in what I think is a pretty mild dig at them.

He said that people who don't convict people of crimes based on triple hearsay, inadmissible statements that aren't subject to cross-examination are sharper than mob-driven, media-incited football fans who think their team deserves Bear Bryant.

Seems eminently reasonable to me.

We ARE better than Tennessee. Outside of Nashville that state has no redeeming qualities. Knoxville still looks like it's the year 1955.

I also don’t understand that place. I’ve been to more then half of the SEC campuses and I like Knoxville and Tennessee the least next to perhaps Lexington and Kentucky. It’s a cold concrete campus for the most part with a very strange cult-like subculture...kind of eery. From those I’ve been to, I’ve liked Alabama the best by far.

Reactions: vkj91
Did not hear it during the event.
Considering how he was depicted by those hillbillies, they deserve to
be dissed. Non story.

Reactions: scripts
ADVERTISEMENT