ADVERTISEMENT

NYRTC (Cornell) now sponsored by Spartan Race

Leonard23

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
And rebranded to Spartan Combat RTC. I'm guessing they're getting some good money and publicity for this. Interesting...

Reactions: njsportsphan
This is really bad news for college wrestling. The RTCs may put many collegiate wrestling programs out of business. Only the schools with very well funded RTCs will be able to compete for elite talent. At this rate schools with RTCs that have big bucks will rule the sport. I can imagine college wrestling consisting of only Penn State, Iowa, Ohio State, Michigan, Oklahoma State, Cornell, Penn, Princeton, Arizona State, and maybe Minnesota.

Lacking a well financed RTC, schools won't be able to recruit top talent. Is there another NCAA sport that can have a close association with paid senior Olympic Athletes? If the NCAA doesn't band RTCs, college wrestling may go under. I realize that the SKWC is the engine that drives and supports Rutgers wrestling. It just seems that when the SKWC raises funds, the big guns just raise more and find another sugar daddy. Rutgers wrestling has created a buzz throughout NJ and brings excitement to the banks. Our coaches and wrestlers deserve the opportunity to compete on a level playing ground. I will continue to give to the SKWC. Does anyone know a sugar daddy willing to help the SKWC?

Last edited:
This is really bad news for college wrestling. The RTCs may put many collegiate wrestling programs out of business. Only the schools with very well funded RTCs will be able to compete for elite talent. At this rate schools with RTCs that have big bucks will rule the sport. I can imagine college wrestling consisting of only Penn State, Iowa, Ohio State, Michigan, Oklahoma State, Cornell, Penn, Princeton, Arizona State, and maybe Minnesota.

Lacking a well financed RTC, schools won't be able to recruit top talent. Is there another NCAA sport that can have a close association with paid senior Olympic Athletes? If the NCAA doesn't band RTCs, college wrestling may go under. I realize that the SKWC is the engine that drives and supports Rutgers wrestling. It just seems that when the SKWC raises funds, the big guns just raise more and find another sugar daddy. Rutgers wrestling has created a buzz throughout NJ and brings excitement to the banks. Our coaches and wrestlers deserve the opportunity to compete on a level playing ground. I will continue to give to the SKWC. Does anyone know a sugar daddy willing to help the SKWC?
When I win the lottery I promise the SKWC will be the best funded in the country. Now let's all pray my numbers come out on Wednesday's drawing.

When I win the lottery I promise the SKWC will be the best funded in the country. Now let's all pray my numbers come out on Wednesday's drawing.
Wouldn't it be great to win the lotto and be able to pick 5 programs and endow them. We can all dream

Wouldn't it be great to win the lotto and be able to pick 5 programs and endow them. We can all dream
I.would get satisfaction watching Rutgers beat psu and Iowa. I would sit back in my seat, light up a cigar and when security told me to put it out, with a big grin on my face say, “let me enjoy this for one minute it just cost me $10 mil.. But damn it’s worth it.”

Last edited:
I.would get satisfaction watching Rutgers beat psu and Iowa. I would sit back in my seat, light up a cigar and when security told me to put it out, with a big grin on my face say, “let me enjoy this for one minute it just cost me $10 mil.. But damn it’s worth it.”
So now I know what you think everytime you buy a lotto ticket 🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: koleszar
Kole, what is more likely to happen first? You winning the lottery or for that 30 foot bridge in Howell to be completed before Schiano retires ???!!!

This has been going on in Olympic sports forever, especially in Track and Field. Guy I was friendly with growing up was a stud sprinter. His family moved south to get him more exposure. But he would come back in the summer to stay with relatives. Speaking with him before going to college he said he was going to train with Carl Lewis and other olympians in Houston while going to school down there.

Kole, what is more likely to happen first? You winning the lottery or for that 30 foot bridge in Howell to be completed before Schiano retires ???!!!
I told you that things going to take a long time. DEP regulations for that type of work make progress a crawl. You basically have to go through 10 to 20 procedures, breakdowns and setups before you can move onto the next phase.

ADVERTISEMENT